C'thun Loot?
Take this with a grain of salt, but this screenshot of C'thun's supposed loot has been circulating:

[Image: cthun6wi.jpg]

The thing that makes me think it may be a fake is the two legendary items shown. Both have "Priest, Shaman, Mage, Warlock, Druid" for the classes. That'd be great, considering the way melee classes keep ramping up their damage with 80something dps weapons and damage augmentation through stats (maybe a Legendary caster weapon?!) but it almost seems TOO convenient; the old situation where is something is too good to be true, it probably is.

If these are true, one of them that sticks out is that Clutch of the Tentacle. That's a HUGE dps increase to a Rogue (or Feral Druid in cat form).
See you in Town,
-Z
C'Thun has not yet been defeated worldwide, afaik. There might be tools, however, that allow you to read out the loot info.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I recognize the Death's Sting, it was data-mined during the test. Given that there's no recorded drop of it yet, I'd pretty much assume it's on C'Thun. So there's at least partial truth to this, probably.

The Clutch seems nice, but I'd have to run tests on it. 13 Shadow Damage is non-mitigatable, but it's also resistable. More importantly, it won't multiple with my skills (and maybe even talents).

As for the Legendaries, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit: if you're being wary, take it from the perspective that this might not just be C'Thun loot, and it might not be all his loot. When they did this for ZG, they mixed some up and didn't have it all (specifically Fang of the Faceless) listed.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Speaking of odd items, doesn't that purple trinket (Lost Relic of the Titans) seem a bit...strange? It's stats are across the board, and it looks like everyone and their dog would be going for it. It's an interesting departure (if it's a real item) from Blizz's usual method of making things clearly 'fighter' or 'caster'.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Mar 25 2006, 09:41 AM Wrote:Speaking of odd items, doesn't that purple trinket (Lost Relic of the Titans) seem a bit...strange? It's stats are across the board, and it looks like everyone and their dog would be going for it. It's an interesting departure (if it's a real item) from Blizz's usual method of making things clearly 'fighter' or 'caster'.
[right][snapback]105450[/snapback][/right]

Looks like it was tailor made for shamans and paladins and maybe hunters as they are the only classes the could really benefit from everything on it (druids can't parry, the crit and hit don't help other casters, the damage and healing doesn't help warriors). There isn't a lot of loot out there made just for those classes it seems which might be way something made for them looks a little odd.

I'm waiting for the +melee crit, +spell crit +whatever stuff that is just for the paladins and shaman to show up. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
A couple of points, one of which was noted by a guildmate:

The gauntlets of annihilation have no armour value listed, which is odd.

The quest that one of those legendaries starts is presumably likely to lead to obtaining the other legendary item. But... that's legendary? It's utterly crap, given what you're taking up a trinket slot for. For a start, the melee legendaries increase dps all the time, not just on some proc that could be a very low percentage. They also don't require you to die to be of use.

Novelty value only.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Some of these items are legit, and were pulled from the game files when 1.09 was released. Those same items haven't been seen, and have an ilvl higher than the other bosses dropped, so it's quite possible this is his loot table.

I've seen Cloak of the Fallen God, Dark Edge of Insanity, Cloak of Clarity, and a few others. Two legendaries? Meh, possibly. The quintessence seems more legit than the other one. The husk/carapace are proabaly real.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
Gnollguy,Mar 25 2006, 10:54 AM Wrote:Looks like it was tailor made for shamans and paladins and maybe hunters as they are the only classes the could really benefit from everything on it (druids can't parry, the crit and hit don't help other casters, the damage and healing doesn't help warriors).  There isn't a lot of loot out there made just for those classes it seems which might be way something made for them looks a little odd.
[right][snapback]105456[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I'm not saying I'd not 'go for' it. I'd be all over it. It does look tailor made to those classes. Maybe it's just that I'm in shock seeing something made for 'our' classes. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
The legendary trinket looks suspiciously like someone's fantacy item after they saw the priest 1.10 changes. If the proc rate is high, it would be overpowing in PvP. 20 seconds of immunity that lets you kill as many people as you want and keep them off flags the entire time? No way would Blizzard do that. On the other hand, if the proc rate is low, then the trinket is pretty crappy and not worth legendary status. The second possibility is more likely of the two but more likely to me is that this item is a fake.
MongoJerry,Mar 25 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:The legendary trinket looks suspiciously like someone's fantacy item after they saw the priest 1.10 changes.  If the proc rate is high, it would be overpowing in PvP.  20 seconds of immunity that lets you kill as many people as you want and keep them off flags the entire time?  No way would Blizzard do that.  On the other hand, if the proc rate is low, then the trinket is pretty crappy and not worth legendary status.  The second possibility is more likely of the two but more likely to me is that this item is a fake.
[right][snapback]105466[/snapback][/right]

If it's a low proc, I'd believe it. Lots of casters still use their Eye of the Beast for the crit. But the PvP implications are crazy. I doubt Blizzard would make that mistake, considering the cries by the PvP players that raiders have an edge.
See you in Town,
-Z
Fake picture, made up completely for the reason to try and sell us the legendary caster trinket. Yes, a lot of those are legitimate items, but a lot of them aren't. So why is this fake? Several reasons:

a) Quite a few of the items have spell effects that are not in the item database at the moment. +49 attack power, +13 shadow damage on melee attack, and of course the legendary proc itself. None of those are currently in the database as spells, and as we know, items cannot use spells that are not in the database.

b ) Gauntlets of Annihilation have no armor on them (yet the value is known, I believe it is 614)

c) Why isn't Paladin a choice on that trinket?

d) CMs mentioned, although indirectly that there are no epic caster legendaries in game yet:

Post on 2/24/2006 by Eyonix:

"It's true that currently Ashbringer is not in the game, although one day in the future it will be, but not until after there is an awesome legendary item for casters. ;) "

e) Death's sting is surmised to actually drop from Ouro, and not C'Thun.

Yes, seems rather believable, doesn't it? If the original poster simply posted two screenshots showing the legendary quest item and the legendary trinket, people would be quick to call it a hoax. However, stick that trinket into middle of other known loot, and it almost passes as real! Good try, but not good enough.
lemekim,Mar 26 2006, 08:33 PM Wrote:Fake picture, made up completely for the reason to try and sell us the legendary caster trinket. Yes, a lot of those are legitimate items, but a lot of them aren't. So why is this fake? Several reasons:

a) Quite a few of the items have spell effects that are not in the item database at the moment. +49 attack power, +13 shadow damage on melee attack, and of course the legendary proc itself. None of those are currently in the database as spells, and as we know, items cannot use spells that are not in the database.

b ) Gauntlets of Annihilation have no armor on them (yet the value is known, I believe it is 614)

c) Why isn't Paladin a choice on that trinket?

d) CMs mentioned, although indirectly that there are no epic caster legendaries in game yet:

Post on 2/24/2006 by Eyonix:

"It's true that currently Ashbringer is not in the game, although one day in the future it will be, but not until after there is an awesome legendary item for casters. ;) "

e) Death's sting is surmised to actually drop from Ouro, and not C'Thun.

Yes, seems rather believable, doesn't it? If the original poster simply posted two screenshots showing the legendary quest item and the legendary trinket, people would be quick to call it a hoax. However, stick that trinket into middle of other known loot, and it almost passes as real! Good try, but not good enough.
[right][snapback]105521[/snapback][/right]

The text alone on the trinket proclaimed it as a fake to me. Blizzard doesn't write item text like that :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Mar 27 2006, 02:03 AM Wrote:The text alone on the trinket proclaimed it as a fake to me.  Blizzard doesn't write item text like that :)
[right][snapback]105526[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes, Blizzard would most likely write just "Upon death, you have a chance to be possessed by the spirit of the Old God for 20 seconds." And leave up to user to figure out just what exactly does that mean. =)
From an inside source at Blizzard, the trinket and some of the other items are fake.
Dark Edge of Insanity and Death's Sting are viewable in WoWModelView with the 1.10 patch installed. Everything else is MIA, as are the new tier0.5 sets.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Artega,Mar 28 2006, 02:19 PM Wrote:Dark Edge of Insanity and Death's Sting are viewable in WoWModelView with the 1.10 patch installed.  Everything else is MIA, as are the new tier0.5 sets.
[right][snapback]105701[/snapback][/right]

I don't think the tier 0.5 setpieces use any new models--they appear to be mostly pallete-shifts of their tier 0 equivelents.

-- frink
Artega,Mar 28 2006, 02:19 PM Wrote:Everything else is MIA, as are the new tier0.5 sets.
[right][snapback]105701[/snapback][/right]

Check the official WoW site, they have a tool where you can see the full sets on any race/class combination (that is possible in the game... you can't see the rogue set on a Tauren :( )

As was mentioned, they look just like the Dungeon 1 sets with a different coloring scheme.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 28 2006, 06:56 PM Wrote:Check the official WoW site, they have a tool where you can see the full sets on any race/class combination (that is possible in the game... you can't see the rogue set on a Tauren :( )

As was mentioned, they look just like the Dungeon 1 sets with a different coloring scheme.
[right][snapback]105707[/snapback][/right]

I'm aware of that. However, many green items share identical models with different color schemes, and all are present in the item lists.