Death For Child Molesters?
Update.

Nothing has moved as fast as this has in our political arena. There is like a 99% approval rating for the bill by the local populace. Anybody opposing the bill has pretty much been tarred and feathered publicly for supporting kiddie rapists and has committed what ammounts to political suicide. In short, people getting in the way of this bill are going to be run out of office. I have never in my whole life seen so many people come together and agree over an issue. It might be a strange thing to say, but it does my heart good to see something that we can all agree on in my area, because usually there is nothing but fighting over every stupid issue.

Common folk don't dare oppose this issue in public out of fear what might happen to them if they do. Nobody in their right mind wants to be labeled as a "baby rapist lover."

It's all over the radio and the news. The courts are even delaying trials and holding off on convicting people, waiting to see if the law passes, because a lot of judges want to make a name for themselves by putting these sick bastards to death if possible for their crimes.

It should be noted that the bill as a total package also includes increased time spent in prison, electronic monitoring, and higher standards of where a convicted child molester can live and can't live. Should this bill pass, who knows how many convicted sex offenders are going to find themselves homeless, as it is retroactive. I am guessing that the state will have to form a colony, like the one up in Washington state, I can't think of the name of it, but it is a housing development for sex offenders. Anybody know the name of the place I am thinking of? If the bill passes, from what I understand, a child molester will not be able to live in a whatever block radius where a child is living. In short, children are everywhere, in just about every house, in every block, in every neighborhood, in every subdivision. It is going to run them out of town. The few people stepping up saying this is unfair are met with viscious attacks. What is unfair is that children keep being molested. If people don't want their life ruined, and don't wish to die, don't rape little kids. It's that simple.

It is a very emotional issue, for me, and for others, and the public in general, and I realise I should be off cooling off or whatever, but I have stayed relatively calm and sedate in this update, and after hitting reply, I will go back in to lurk mode. I felt this was simply to important to not post.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Mar 30 2006, 07:34 AM Wrote:Update.
It's all over the radio and the news. The courts are even delaying trials and holding off on convicting people, waiting to see if the law passes, because a lot of judges want to make a name for themselves by putting these sick bastards to death if possible for their crimes.

It should be noted that the bill as a total package also includes increased time spent in prison, electronic monitoring, and higher standards of where a convicted child molester can live and can't live. Should this bill pass, who knows how many convicted sex offenders are going to find themselves homeless, as it is retroactive. I am guessing that the state will have to form a colony, like the one up in Washington state, I can't think of the name of it, but it is a housing development for sex offenders. Anybody know the name of the place I am thinking of? If the bill passes, from what I understand, a child molester will not be able to live in a whatever block radius where a child is living. In short, children are everywhere, in just about every house, in every block, in every neighborhood, in every subdivision. It is going to run them out of town. The few people stepping up saying this is unfair are met with viscious attacks. What is unfair is that children keep being molested. If people don't want their life ruined, and don't wish to die, don't rape little kids. It's that simple.
[right][snapback]105882[/snapback][/right]

What sort of timeframe are they looking at for voting on, reviewing, and implementing this bill? If the courts are delaying trials they must tread carefully. I am not a lawyer but are they treading on an American Citizen's right to a speedy trial? Is a law allowing for different punishment that's passed after the fact admissable for current proceedings?

Here's some older info on the King County Sex Offender Housing:
King County Editorial July 25, 2003

We also have several "Civil Confinement Facilities" and the McNeil Island Facility:

History of McNeil Island Penitentiary

Quote:In 1998, the state legislature authorized moving the Special Commitment Center (SCC) from the Monroe Corrections Center to McNeil Island.  The Special Commitment Center was created in 1990 by the passage of the Sexual Predator Law.  Rather than being released following the end of their prison term, chronic and violent sex offenders could be civilly committed after a court's determination that they were “mentally abnormal.”  The new Special Commitment Center is a total confinement facility located within the corrections center’s secure perimeter.  The program, designed to provide long-term, specialized mental health treatment for sex offenders, is operated under the control and direction of the Department of Social and Health Services.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein