Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Quote:Her most powerful offensive spell is the Weak Fireball she picked up from the head of the Mages' Guild Skingrad chapter.
That is the most Magicka efficient premade damage spell in the game, definately a good choice if you aren't focused on spell casting. Not great against higher level stuff, but still ok.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:That is the most Magicka efficient premade damage spell in the game, definately a good choice if you aren't focused on spell casting. Not great against higher level stuff, but still ok.
:D
Cassie's currently at Level 34. And she didn't join the Mages' Guild until she hit 30 (the robes did nothing for her figure). Last time she cast it against a Minotaur Lord, he giggled and then gored her. Nonetheless, it is the most powerful spell she can cast (Wizard's Fury is beyond her mana reserves, to say nothing of her Destruction skill).

To say that I've been taking my time with the girl is an understatement. I hoped Marty and the gang made themselves comfortable, because the Siege of Kvatch wasn't broken for over four months. Cassie became "the Hero" on the 131st day in the game.<_<

High level + low end gear has its interesting little quirks. For roleplay and favorite appearance, her primary outfit is the Cheydinhal guard cuirass/shield and Leather gloves/greaves/boots. Out of the six major grades of Light Armors in the game, she's walking around with 4th and 5th rate equipment— mainly because the 1st and 2nd rate gear (Glass and Elven) all look funny.

She's mastered Light Armor, but that doesn't help her when she's wearing a leather/chainmail combination. Currently, it takes an opponent only two or three hits to destroy her armor (and this is while starting from 125% Durability). A minotaur's charge can completely break her shield with one hit, and has done so several times. To survive, she can do two things: avoid getting hit, or tinker with her gear.

Transcendant Sigil Stones are a (evil) godsend. Three of the proper ones, shoved into the leather pieces of her suite, results in a core Armor Rating of 75 and a basic 25% resistance to all elemental attacks. Still gets knocked down to 0 durability after two hits, but the protection offered by the enchantments are not tied to armor condition.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:That is the most Magicka efficient premade damage spell in the game, definately a good choice if you aren't focused on spell casting. Not great against higher level stuff, but still ok.
I think I've made a pretty decent one. I call mine "Archmage's Fury" since I liked Wizard's Fury, and then I made it once I got to be the Archmage. It costs 57 mana and it does 10 damage health over 3 secs, 10 fire damage over 3 secs, 10 frost damage over 3 secs, and 10 shock dmg over 3 secs. At level 25+ most things die with a fews shots of it. And in combo with Archery master it makes for great ranged combo's.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I think I've made a pretty decent one. I call mine "Archmage's Fury" since I liked Wizard's Fury, and then I made it once I got to be the Archmage. It costs 57 mana and it does 10 damage health over 3 secs, 10 fire damage over 3 secs, 10 frost damage over 3 secs, and 10 shock dmg over 3 secs. At level 25+ most things die with a fews shots of it. And in combo with Archery master it makes for great ranged combo's.
One of the fun things I found out in the world of spellcrafting is that, if you tack on a really high-level Paralyze spell on top of Drain Health 100/1 second and some elemental damage to boot, this highly-lethal spell gets treated as an Illusion spell: cast with Illusion's characteristic green bolt.

I named one such incarnation of this spell "Avada Kedavra".;)May not be a 1-hit kill for the higher-end creatures, but it's close.

On the other hand, I've named Fireball spells "Disco Inferno" and Healing spells "Staying Alive". Still trying to figure what effects I can impart with "Night Fever", though.

A low-yield, wide-area Fireball spell designed specifically to kill a close-knit trio of deer in one shot picked up the name of "Bambi Bomb", and a 3-second 100-point Charm spell (you only need 3 seconds since time stops when you converse with an NPC, which is the only time you ever need a Charm spell) gets named the "Jedi Mind Trick".

And there was a certain quirk of irony when I created a Journeyman-level Absorb Health spell named "Blood Draw"— I used it (in combination with my Mages' Staff of Paralyze) to despatch a certain murderer who had made his rounds through Bruma. There's nothing more supremely satisfying in the pursuit of justice than watching a killer impersonating a vampire hunter suffer final justice at the hands of a mortal mage doing his best imitation of a vampire.

And when it came to a certain bona fide vampire you encounter in the game, my mage could not help but laugh at the predicament: "Oooh! I'm a big, bad High Elf vampire! Blah! Blah! I'm bloodthirsty! I'm evil! I have a 75% weakness to fire-based attacks— oh, #^$%!"
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.