Weapon Speed Formula
First off, Here's diablo2.de's calculator and the faq if you are interested.
Here's the Lurker Lounge's big discussion on weapon speed.
Dagnirauko's explanation on Weapon Speed is also on the old Lurker Lounge.

The basic formula is:
Attack Frames = {256 x (Base Attack + 1) / [Animation x (100 + EIAS) / 100]} - 1
where {} rounds up and [] rounds down.

Now, what I don't understand is how one determines non-integer frames per second. According to the faq, it is simply an average of two different sequences. What are these sequences, and how exactly do they fit into the formula to give a paladin with a two-handed sword a 17.5 base fps? Also, does that mean that a paladin's base attack is 17.5 or is it one attack with 17 fps and a second attack with 18 fps?

Next, if anyone can tell me what the numbers for the various animations and base attacks like for skills like how Tiger Strike affects the base attack and/or animation, it would be greatly appreciated.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
Yes, the 17.5 paladin number is because of two animations of different lengths. As far as the effect of skills, it's almost a case-by-case basis. I know jrichard had a set of webpages with an incredibly detailed analysis of the various assassin attacks and their speeds, but I can't find it at the moment.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
protoshoggoth,Mar 20 2006, 03:20 PM Wrote:Yes, the 17.5 paladin number is because of two animations of different lengths.  As far as the effect of skills, it's almost a case-by-case basis.  I know jrichard had a set of webpages with an incredibly detailed analysis of the various assassin attacks and their speeds, but I can't find it at the moment.
[right][snapback]104963[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, his site quite out of order, but Google seems to have come through with a cache of the page. It's a bit hard to read, and I remember seeing his site back when it was up.
What is the judicial system coming to when child molesters get 5 years and cottage cheese gets 30.
whathuh,Mar 20 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:Yeah, his site quite out of order, but Google seems to have come through with a cache of the page.  It's a bit hard to read, and I remember seeing his site back when it was up.
[right][snapback]104982[/snapback][/right]

The "Dual Claw Attack Speeds" page linked to from there is outdated. JRichard's more recent, more accurate, and far more in-depth work can be found here: http://e.domaindlx.com/JRichard/D2/aas22/

It looks like the "General Mechanics" page of that document will answer your questions.
bigeyedbug,Mar 21 2006, 12:47 AM Wrote:The "Dual Claw Attack Speeds" page linked to from there is outdated.  JRichard's more recent, more accurate, and far more in-depth work  can  be found here: http://e.domaindlx.com/JRichard/D2/aas22/

It looks like the "General Mechanics" page of that document will answer your questions.
[right][snapback]104984[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the link bigeyedbug.

JRichard notes:
Quote:Sequence carry an attack speed penalty of 30, remember. The bigger thing to notice about this version of the equation is the lack of a “-1” at the end of it.

Does this apply to ALL attacks? I understand Dragon Tail has a sequence penalty of 40. Next, the fast cast seems to follow the same rules as the attack formula for casting spells, like when there is a sequence like lightning, the -1 is omitted.

In Skills.txt:
Code:
skill    anim    monanim    
Fire Trauma    sk2    sk2
Claw Mastery    cast    cast
Psychic Hammer    cast    cast
Tiger Strike    attack    a2
Dragon Talon    kick    a1
Shock Field    sk2    sk2
Blade Sentinel    sk2    sk2
Quickness    cast    cast
Fists of Fire    seq    seq
Dragon Claw    seq    seq
Charged Bolt Sentry    sk2    sk2
Wake of Fire Sentry    sk2    sk2
Weapon Block    cast    cast
Cloak of Shadows    cast    cast
Cobra Strike    attack    a2
Blade Fury    seq    cast
Fade    cast    cast
Shadow Warrior    cast    cast
Claws of Thunder    seq    seq
Dragon Tail    kick    a1
Lightning Sentry    sk2    sk2
Inferno Sentry    sk2    sk2
Mind Blast    cast    cast
Blades of Ice    seq    seq
Dragon Flight    seq    seq
Death Sentry    sk2    sk2
Blade Shield    cast    cast
Venom    cast    cast
Shadow Master    cast    cast
Royal Strike    attack    a2
This sort of explains the assassin stuff, since the 3 elemental attacks are sequences, I assume sk2 is trap laying, but then there comes the 3 strikes. Each one is an attack, then also has an a2, and the two kicks rely on a kick animation and an a1?

Can anyone clarify?

Also, JRichard also says that
Quote:the value for (base + EIAS - penalty) has an upper cap at 175 and a lower cap at 15.
Does this mean that in the other formulas like FBR and FHR, which have bases of 50 instead of 100, there is still and upper cap of 175? I don't think that is the case, because the limit as x->infinity of EFxR is 120. So there is effectively no "cap" on FBR and FHR since it can never go higher than 169 (with 14280 FBR or FHR). Maybe it's not that base+EIAS-penalty is capped, but rather EIAS-penalty is capped at 75.
Quote:This sort of explains the assassin stuff, since the 3 elemental attacks are sequences, I assume sk2 is trap laying, but then there comes the 3 strikes. Each one is an attack, then also has an a2, and the two kicks rely on a kick animation and an a1?
3 strikes's animation=A1
AIA1HTH/AIA1HT1/AIA1HT2
all parameter CF AnimData.d2

kick skill
Dragon Talon's animation=KK,it's rollback animation (Dragon Talon's animation don't use D2Common.dll's sequence Function)
Dragon Tail's animation=KK
(their parameter CF AnimData.d2)
Dragon Flight's animation=sequence,parameter CF D2Common.dll,I think its Frame lock at 23Frames.

ps: monanim is monster's animation when them use these skill.

Quote:Does this mean that in the other formulas like FBR and FHR, which have bases of 50 instead of 100, there is still and upper cap of 175? I don't think that is the case, because the limit as x->infinity of EFxR is 120. So there is effectively no "cap" on FBR and FHR since it can never go higher than 169 (with 14280 FBR or FHR). Maybe it's not that base+EIAS-penalty is capped, but rather EIAS-penalty is capped at 75.
Nefarius's Speed Caps for 1.11x: http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/vi...hp?t=35738
HOLY Clan
Realm: Asia3 Hardcore
CHN Forums Id: Louis-J
They can harmonize with troubled waters,and bring it to cleanness little by little. They can move with stability,and make life little by little Sustainable.