Think of the Children!
Dang homey.

This must really, really suck. This qualifies as one of those major, life-changing events that a person can never forget, especially because it was completely uncontrollable. Imagine, some of those kids could have gone to Stanford, or Yale, or Harvard. Or U-Dub, hoo-rah!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Hi,

Premezilla,Mar 9 2006, 02:18 AM Wrote:This qualifies as one of those major, life-changing events that a person can never forget, especially because it was completely uncontrollable.
[right][snapback]104002[/snapback][/right]
While not a good situation, it does sound like it was caught in time for schools to do a panic reevaluation. Besides, 100 points is marginal -- it might mean that you don't get into the program you want, but just until next year. As one who spent 22 years getting 'an education' (spread out over 26 years), the 'loss' of a quarter from a select program (you can still go to school, and at that low level almost anything you take will probably transfer) is less life changing than getting rear ended in your car.

Sorry -- seems a bit of a tempest in a teapot to me.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Pete,Mar 9 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:Hi,

Sorry -- seems a bit of a tempest in a teapot to me.

--Pete
[right][snapback]104064[/snapback][/right]
Well hello yourself, Pete. :w00t: Good to see you in posting form. :w00t:

I'll toss in a "me too" on the topic and move along, hoping my daughter doesn't get all wound up about this when the word spreads around her school.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete