Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!
ShadowHM,Mar 14 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:Correction:   Non-rhetorical question to ask, answer worth  carefully considering before you let him proceed without that thin layer of latex.   ;)
[right][snapback]104543[/snapback][/right]
I was trying to pose the question without directly implying that Prem is a sprayer of oats.

I have to agree with your assessment, however.

Occhi

EDIT: Your, not you.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Doc,Mar 13 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:There is a real shortage of nurses around here.[right][snapback]104405[/snapback][/right]

Drasca,Mar 14 2006, 03:36 PM Wrote:There's always going to be more old people.  Heck, some of you may even live to be one--if you aren't already :whistling:

Geriatrics, the ever expanding job market.
[right][snapback]104538[/snapback][/right]
Of course, when I was reading up on the Gender Gap a couple of days ago, it was suggested in a couple of places that although the gap is narrower for jobs where women are more pre-dominant, it's possible that that means that all of the jobs are paid less than would be equitable, and men in those positions are also getting screwed. But since it's virtually impossible to get objective numbers on something like this (should Nurses make the same amount as a mechanic? More? Less?), it's hard to know for sure whether that is the case or not.
Doc,Mar 9 2006, 02:02 PM Wrote:What about the proud man that looks forward to being a daddy, and has his hopes and dreams dashed when a woman uses her right to choose? Think that doesn't hurt?
[right][snapback]104016[/snapback][/right]

I know I'm coming in late, and doubtless somebody already raised this particular point, but... I think most abortions happen because the man doesn't want to stick around after getting the woman pregnant. This isn't saying that women aren't getting pregnant to keep a man, as may well happen frequently where you're from, Doc, but where I'm from, abortions happen because the boyfriend or parents of the pregnant woman or teen don't want the baby, and make it quite clear that the woman/teen will be persona non grata if she decides to even bear the child, much less keep him or her. Such is my experience.

And to counter the school locker/cucumber thread Doc started, I wish to sidetrack with a bit of personal philosophy:

If I ever get knocked up, the kid's going up for adoption. I'm neither financially solvent or emotionally stable enough to keep and raise a child. However, God gave me a pair of childbearing hips, and it'd be a shame to waste 'em. I'm all for putting the child up for adoption if the mother can physically handle childbirth. I see abortion as a necessity ONLY in the case of rape or incest (the child was forced upon the female without her consent or even knowledge) and the couple's (note how I phrased that) choice if the child has an instantly fatal disease. (As in, the kid can't survive long out of the womb. That instant.)

Outside of rape, the only way I know I'm getting pregnant is if I have coitus sans prophylatics. And trust me, they make it better. :D
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Count Duckula,Mar 14 2006, 09:28 PM Wrote:I know I'm coming in late, and doubtless somebody already raised this particular point, but... I think most abortions happen because the man doesn't want to stick around after getting the woman pregnant. This isn't saying that women aren't getting pregnant to keep a man, as may well happen frequently where you're from, Doc, but where I'm from, abortions happen because the boyfriend or parents of the pregnant woman or teen don't want the baby, and make it quite clear that the woman/teen will be persona non grata if she decides to even bear the child, much less keep him or her. Such is my experience.

And to counter the school locker/cucumber thread Doc started, I wish to sidetrack with a bit of personal philosophy:

If I ever get knocked up, the kid's going up for adoption. I'm neither financially solvent or emotionally stable enough to keep and raise a child. However, God gave me a pair of childbearing hips, and it'd be a shame to waste 'em. I'm all for putting the child up for adoption if the mother can physically handle childbirth. I see abortion as a necessity ONLY in the case of rape or incest (the child was forced upon the female without her consent or even knowledge) and the couple's (note how I phrased that) choice if the child has an instantly fatal disease. (As in, the kid can't survive long out of the womb. That instant.)

Outside of rape, the only way I know I'm getting pregnant is if I have coitus sans prophylatics. And trust me, they make it better. :D
[right][snapback]104607[/snapback][/right]

God bless ye.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Occhidiangela,Mar 10 2006, 03:12 PM Wrote:Nice research Tal.  :D
[right][snapback]104180[/snapback][/right]

My job title is Library Associate III Webmaster and Chief of Virtual Reference. As much as I'd like to concentrate on being a web(page) slinger I cannot deny my tendency to research. ;) It helps that my focus in college was History and English. :D

/off topic

:)