Transparent Car
Wouldn't it be like a greenhouse in there?

http://www.topspeed.com/fast_cars/rinspeed...zen-ar2242.html
neveral,Mar 7 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:Wouldn't it be like a greenhouse in there?

[right][snapback]103819[/snapback][/right]

Seems like it would be. Could be good for a drive in movie, if you're actually there for the movie, that is.

The article mentions the amazing brake lamp that seems to materialize out of the middle of the transparent top/rear window/dome thingee, but the only shot in the video makes it seem poorly defined, and the intensity seemed more like a reflection than a brake lamp. Gel seats though, that might be an idea worth pursuing (as long as the containment is sufficiently sturdy).

edit: cleaned up a bit of spelling
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Persoanlly, I don't always want the sun beaming down on me, especially on long drives. Unless there was some type of sun-shield feature I missed in the article, I don't think that car is very functional for every day driving.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
neveral,Mar 7 2006, 01:30 PM Wrote:Wouldn't it be like a greenhouse in there?

[right][snapback]103819[/snapback][/right]
AMC Pacer was like a greenhouse as well.

That car is a car for rich folks to drive around in at night.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Maitre,Mar 7 2006, 12:01 PM Wrote:Gel seats though, that might be an idea worth pursuing (as long as the containment is sufficiently sturdy).
[right][snapback]103823[/snapback][/right]

All of leather's bad, none of the good.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Occhidiangela,Mar 7 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:AMC Pacer was like a greenhouse as well.

Occhi
[right][snapback]103833[/snapback][/right]
.... or impractical concept car not meant to be driven anywhere but on and off trucks to auto shows and on display. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Occhidiangela,Mar 7 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:AMC Pacer was like a greenhouse as well.

Occhi

Aha... found it. Perhaps integrating this sort of technology would make this car a better concept.

To quote from the bottom of the piece:

"The use of electrochromic glass means that the driver can completely control the level of light entering the cockpit. There are five tint levels available and the glass can go from dark to light in under a minute, at the touch of a button."

I remember the print version of this article being longer, but this is the jist.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
I was expecting something a little more "Wonder Woman invisible Jet"-ish :(

Instead I get to check out a solid body with a see through top. (go go innuendo power!) :blink:
I too was expecting an entirely transparaent car.

I don't find sunroofs particulraly impressive (except maybe on private jets).
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
Hi,

Occhidiangela,Mar 7 2006, 03:16 PM Wrote:That car is a car for rich folks to drive around in at night. 
Yup. But not till they take it to a custom shop and cover all that glass with 90% gray tint. :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Bah, I like a bit of privacy in the passenger compartment.

Make a hood out of that material and show off your vehicle's powerplant instead.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein