Ultraviolet
Worst movie I have seen in a long time. Save your money and don't see this movie in the theaters (I say "in the theaters" and not "ever" because some of the martial arts stuff might be worth seeing if you can borrow somebody's copy of the inevitable DVD).

It starts out as kind of a cool idea - in the future an infectious virus is used to create super-soldiers, while also slowly killing them, and the scared public hunts down and kills the infected. It just goes downhill from there though. Actually, I don't know if it ever really reaches "there" from which it goes down because the world is so poorly set up that it takes you damn near the entire movie to figure out what is actually going on. The entire "plot" - and I use that term loosely - just makes absolutely no sense and is merely an excuse for Milla Jovovich (who looks absolutely gorgeous btw) to run around in an apparently neverending array of jarringly colored costumes beating the crap out of bad guys that are so slow that 30 of them can surround her, guns pointed at point blank range and they all manage to somehow die. It seems like a real super-soldier wouldn't be constantly getting completely surrounded! But whatever.

I can't stress enough how little sense the plot makes. I am struggling to put into words the "wtf was that?!?" expression on my face and the face of my movie-going companion when the credits began to roll.

I'll just save myself some time and cut to the chase. It was bad. Real bad. Don't see it.

My favorite quote on rottentomatoes.com (Ultraviolet is at an astounding 4%) was this though:

Quote:"Although it masquerades as a futuristic action-thriller, Ultraviolet functions best as a multi-million dollar commercial for Milla Jovovich's personal trainer."

It's funny cause it's true. Almost every other scene was a slow camera crawl from Milla's thighs to her face.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Mar 4 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:Worst movie I have seen in a long time. Save your money and don't see this movie in the theaters (I say "in the theaters" and not "ever" because some of the martial arts stuff might be worth seeing if you can borrow somebody's copy of the inevitable DVD).
[right][snapback]103601[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of seeing it, but now I'll pass.

How about buffering Domino for me? :)

Ps. Hi Mith
The error occurred on line -1.