Stealth change to chests ?
Ok this only applies to characters with pets . I have'nt been looking for chests for a few weeks , today I went on a hunt and found something had changed . My pet peev is clearing an area to a chest and before you get to it , it is stolen . I have never believed in this type of strategy , even sometimes stopping to help the other side to clear a mob or two so that he could get to the chest , I would even stand and /point to the chest and /cheer the guy so they understand I am not there to steal . Today I do my usual trick of sending my pet to the closest mob to the chest then go open and take the contents . Not anymore it seems . I go to the chest and it now tells me I'm in combat . So once I send pet in , I am immediately in combat and cannot open any chests until the fight is over . I cannot remember reading this in the last patch notes so is it a stealth change ?
Take care
Raven Vale,Mar 3 2006, 11:37 AM Wrote:Ok this only applies to characters with pets . I have'nt been looking for chests for a few weeks , today I went on a hunt and found something had changed . My pet peev is clearing an area to a chest and before you get to it , it is stolen . I have never believed in this type of strategy , even sometimes stopping to help the other side to clear a mob or two so that he could get to the chest , I would even stand and /point to the chest and /cheer the guy so they understand I am not there to steal . Today I do my usual trick of sending my pet to the closest mob to the chest then go open and take the contents . Not anymore it seems . I go to the chest and it now tells me I'm in combat . So once I send pet in , I am immediately in combat and cannot open any chests until the fight is over . I cannot remember reading this in the last patch notes so is it a stealth change ?
[right][snapback]103472[/snapback][/right]

It was in patch notes in 1.9 or one of the 1.9.x patches.

--Mav
Mavfin,Mar 3 2006, 09:18 AM Wrote:It was in patch notes in 1.9 or one of the 1.9.x patches.
[right][snapback]103477[/snapback][/right]

Yep, something like 'can no longer open chests while in combat' was the patch note.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
That's strange, because last night I was using hibernate on the dragonkin in the Burning Steppes to steal their chests. I could have sworn that hibernate puts me in combat, but I guess it mustn't.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink