Patch 1.10 Testing Next Week
Druids, feel the love! Our forms can finally, finally dance!
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
vor_lord,Mar 3 2006, 01:31 PM Wrote:The short of it is that you cannot get any pieces of the T0.5 set unless you have the T0 piece. So those of us who chose to get gear that helped us do our role better, rather than collect a fairly meh blue set, are now behind the curve.  :unsure:

I've got only 3 pieces of Devout, and as of 1.10 they will all be BoE so trivial to obtain.  I never put my focus on getting them, I went for the best blue healing gear instead.  I'm a long way from being able to get the T0.5 stuff :( 

Luckily I like 5 manning but I wish I had known...
[right][snapback]103514[/snapback][/right]

Any word on what the priest 0.5 set will be like? I've ignored devout entirely, as it's pretty worthless for shadowpriesting and i'm happy enough with my cobbled together healer gear. Will the purple parts be worth taking off the lt. commander's blue set pieces for?

-- frink
Concillian,Mar 3 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:I think this is because people were able to macro 2 spells in one macro if the first was instant and didn't induce the global cooldown by using "SpellStopCasting()"
[right][snapback]103509[/snapback][/right]
No, IMHO, this is direct assault on the "Conserve Mana" feature of CTRA - you won't be able to cancel your heal 0.5 before it goes off.

-Miiko, lvl 60 nelf Priest.
Quote:I think this is because people were able to macro 2 spells in one macro if the first was instant and didn't induce the global cooldown by using "SpellStopCasting()"

Or the fairly annoying 'Feign Death' + 'Icetrap' instant combo.......

Mirajj,Mar 3 2006, 06:54 PM Wrote:It was hard enough getting folks to gear up when you could zerg the places. This change isn't going to make this any easier. >.<
[right][snapback]103493[/snapback][/right]

Even though I hate those zergs and like 5-manning, I don't entirely like this change. In a zerg, those instances were too easy; it was simple farming. But the new system has two problems.

With the new system, you cannot take anyone lower than level 58 along, and the person has to be well-geared for that level. The old "get to 55 asap and then right into the endgame instances"-method will not work any longer. I would hate to run the Sunken Temple over and over. And 5-mannig in PUGs, ugh.

Time is another problem: I could afford a 45 minute Baron run, or 90 minutes of Scholo. But 3+ hours for a chance of one in eight of that stupid devout crown dropping? And 3+ hours means I can only instance like twice a week, because time is hard to come by. Would be nice if only setitems for classes present in that instance dropped (we had a guy in our guild who had the BoP 5 Beaststalker items on his priest and 4 Devout items on his hunter).
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai
Tsunami,Mar 6 2006, 10:34 AM Wrote:(we had a guy in our guild who had the BoP 5 Beaststalker items on his priest and 4 Devout items on his hunter).
[right][snapback]103668[/snapback][/right]
A priest in mail??
Quote: I found a new book
codex:prayer of shadow protection
teaches prayer of shadow protection(Rank 1)

Sweet.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Any casting-time action (does Aimed Shot apply?) now removes Stealth/Shadowmeld.

No more recalling to Dun Baldar after finishing Wolf hides while being searched for by 3 different Hordies ...

I think it's safe to say Night Elves are now forerunners for the worst racials.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Mar 6 2006, 08:38 AM Wrote:(does Aimed Shot apply?)
[right][snapback]103689[/snapback][/right]

Yes; it was probably the catalyst for the change.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Joy. Sprint now breaks stealth. Even though the tooltip explicitly states "Does not break stealth."

I predict this will be fixed (or maybe even "fixed" by changing the tooltip) sometime around 1.13.
Flymo,Mar 6 2006, 12:29 PM Wrote:A priest in mail??
[right][snapback]103672[/snapback][/right]

Hell, no! :) He just has them in his bank. We decided to let him keep the pieces if no one else wanted them for fun reasons. The same reasons that keep some of our Rogues collecting Wildheart if a Druid rolled on Shadowcraft earlier although a Rogue needed the item, or if there is no Druid around.

I must admit that aimed shot from shadowmeld was really cheap, but was there anything else to fix? Racial abilities are horribly balanced; I guess it will not get any better.
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai
Quark,Mar 6 2006, 05:40 PM Wrote:Joy.&nbsp; Sprint now breaks stealth.&nbsp; Even though the tooltip explicitly states "Does not break stealth."

I predict this will be fixed (or maybe even "fixed" by changing the tooltip) sometime around 1.13.
[right][snapback]103740[/snapback][/right]

There is no good reason for any of the changes to effect stealth. :angry:
Quark,Mar 6 2006, 04:38 PM Wrote:Any casting-time action (does Aimed Shot apply?) now removes Stealth/Shadowmeld.

No more recalling to Dun Baldar after finishing Wolf hides while being searched for by 3 different Hordies ...

I think it's safe to say Night Elves are now forerunners for the worst racials.
[right][snapback]103689[/snapback][/right]

Early reports are that trying to sap a target in combat (something that used to just give an error message) also breaks stealth. This is a pretty awesome bug I think.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Mar 7 2006, 08:14 AM Wrote:Early reports are that trying to sap a target in combat (something that used to just give an error message) also breaks stealth.&nbsp; &nbsp; This is a pretty awesome bug I think.
[right][snapback]103766[/snapback][/right]

Well, there goes spamming the Sap key while a Horde player runs by ...
Rinnhart,Mar 6 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:Yes; it was probably the catalyst for the change.
[right][snapback]103727[/snapback][/right]

And yet...What will really change with this? There I am, Shadowmelded. Generally I'm in an out of sight/way place in the first place. I see you. You come to within 41 yards of me. I start up Aimed shot. It's a 3 second cast. Shadowmeld 'breaks' and fades...at like 1.5 seconds into the cast. That gives you 1.5 seconds to find me before I hit you. GL trying to find/stop me in that time. Net change? You may be able to get to me one autoshot sooner.

But this change is going to make a massive mess of problems with the other stealth classes, esp rogues.

Gogo the whining of the masses making a mess of things...as usual.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Mar 7 2006, 07:31 AM Wrote:And yet...What will really change with this? There I am, Shadowmelded. Generally I'm in an out of sight/way place in the first place. I see you. You come to within 41 yards of me. I start up Aimed shot. It's a 3 second cast. Shadowmeld 'breaks' and fades...at like 1.5 seconds into the cast. That gives you 1.5 seconds to find me before I hit you. GL trying to find/stop me in that time. Net change? You may be able to get to me one autoshot sooner.

But this change is going to make a massive mess of problems with the other stealth classes, esp rogues.

Gogo the whining of the masses making a mess of things...as usual.
[right][snapback]103774[/snapback][/right]

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a mistake to make any effort to break the functionality of Shadow Meld. The Alliance is short on good racial attributes, as it is.