Killed by my own guards ?
I was in Org today with my level 12 priest , I hear a commotion and see a high lvl Dwarf run past being chased by 3 Orgrimmar grunts . First off I am not PvP enabled , I was heading from the AH to the mailbox . Then eoouugghhh , I am lying there dead , WTF !!! springs instantly to mind . So I read the combat log it says .

Orgrimmar Grunts Cleave hits you for 147
Orgrimmar Grunts Cleave hits you for 149
Orgrimmar Grunts Cleave hits you for 150

I also suffered a durability loss , not a happy bunny , does this happen often , do low levels have to run and hide from our own guards when a fight breaks out ? Actually saying does this happen often is silly , I have never come across this in all my time of playing . Dammit unless they found out I was a spy , wow , now that is good programming :P
Take care
I've not played Horde extensively, especially in the low levels in Orgrimmar, but have I heard something about a debuff you can get as part of a quest that makes you hostile to guards and other NPCs? I've seen accounts of a Horde guild taking down Thrall while using this faction-change effect.
See you in Town,
-Z
I've died in like 3 hits from guards at low level by being Mind Controlled by an enemy (priest or engineer), but I thought that required you to be PvP flagged, which you weren't. Very odd. :)
martini,Feb 28 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:I've died in like 3 hits from guards at low level by being Mind Controlled by an enemy (priest or engineer), but I thought that required you to be PvP flagged, which you weren't. Very odd. :)

People have mind controled Saurfang using a Mind Control cap and have gotten him to issue 10,000 damage mortal strikes. I don't know how you could be attacked if you're not PvP flagged, though. Maybe an MC capped NPC's AI doesn't know about PvP flagging?
I have heard of AoE effects being bugged in this respect. Um, you would happen to be Undead, would you?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
MongoJerry,Feb 28 2006, 03:35 PM Wrote:People have mind controled Saurfang using a Mind Control cap and have gotten him to issue 10,000 damage mortal strikes.  I don't know how you could be attacked if you're not PvP flagged, though.  Maybe an MC capped NPC's AI doesn't know about PvP flagging?
[right][snapback]103228[/snapback][/right]

*cough* My limited experience with the various Orgrimmar NPCs and MC says you cannot unleash their unholy wrath upon unflagged PCs.

Doesn't matter, though, with so many people flagged from the Battlegrounds.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quark,Mar 1 2006, 12:33 AM Wrote:I have heard of AoE effects being bugged in this respect.  Um, you would happen to be Undead, would you?
[right][snapback]103230[/snapback][/right]

Quark would be correct with this one. If you are neutral with a faction, the AOE attacks by an NPC of that faction will still hit you.

Examples - Cleave of the Orgrimmar grunts, poison cloud of the Abominations in Undercity, some AOE attacks of the NPCs in Alterac Valley Battlegrounds.
That explains it then , which I am sure should'nt be right , I am undead and therefore neutral . I did put a ticket in , I was told they were unaware of any issues with this so it will be passed on to look at , cheers guys .
Take care
I can affirm the Nuetral-AOE ability issue. I was in Moonglade on a level 6 character (doing Lunar Festival stuff) when a player ran by me being chased by guards. BAM! 850 Cleave in my level 6 face :(
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune