Google Video
Urza-DSF,Mar 4 2006, 06: Wrote:If this ever actually comes out, I'm picking up three copies just on principal.

Spore
[right][snapback]103589[/snapback][/right]

I saw this a few days ago and considered making a new thread about it. Spore looks fantastic.
This might not be on Google Video, but it's still pretty awesome. Go, Go, Power... Spiderman?

On the other hand, this is a Google Video.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
roguebanshee,Mar 5 2006, 02:20 PM Wrote:On the other hand, this is a Google Video.
[right][snapback]103637[/snapback][/right]

I hope I'm not the only one who finds her to be frightening. I dunno why but theres just something scary about that video.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Urza-DSF,Feb 26 2006, 01: Wrote:Look ye, and gaze upon your shattered world

AMV Hell 3

Edit: Note, this is quite a long video, and has something of a crappy CG opening.&nbsp; From there on out it's all awesome
[right][snapback]102980[/snapback][/right]

I... uh... huh... wha?

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone
Run, run for your lives. Save yourself while you still can
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Urza-DSF,Feb 26 2006, 01: Wrote:Look ye, and gaze upon your shattered world

AMV Hell 3

Edit: Note, this is quite a long video, and has something of a crappy CG opening.&nbsp; From there on out it's all awesome
[right][snapback]102980[/snapback][/right]

That's a, hmm, err, ah, interesting way to reload firearms...
Grarrrg,Mar 6 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:That's a, hmm, err, ah, interesting way to reload firearms...
[right][snapback]103725[/snapback][/right]

Heh, well whatever gives you an advantage in a firefight...

Though how a guy could concentrate on things like, yknow, shooting at her is far beyond me.
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

Oh, and:

The Touch
-Urza

Birdman.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
The best song. Ever.

I know lyrics aren't that important anymore... but I mean... come on.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Rinnhart,Mar 8 2006, 03:22 AM Wrote:Birdman.
[right][snapback]103872[/snapback][/right]

Another example of "looks good in theory, but not in practice". I was kinda hyped about seeing those thrusters powering that guy around, but it became apparent that all they did was a whole lot of nothing except maybe make him fall faster :(
Not technically google video, yet funny nonetheless

Super Mario Kill Bill
-Urza

I love the ending :D
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Not a google video nor a funny video, but a very cool one. Its a guy playing a song on a ukelele...playing it very amazingly. Definately worth a watch. : )

The video!
I give you
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by the Norwegian Appliance Rock band Hurra Torpedo

Google Video clip

For more information on this music phenomenon, check out their web site. Be sure to check out some video interviews of the band. I wouldn't necessarily say "Great stuff!", but it's definitely "different." :P

Wikipedia has this to say:

Hurra Torpedo is Norway's most famous kitchen appliance band, formed in the early nineties. They are a part of the artistic collective Duplex Records, and all members of the band also play in a variety of other bands in Norway.

During recent years Hurra Torpedo have had annual split- and reunion tours. The band struck international fame when a television performance of the 1983 Bonnie Tyler power ballad "Total Eclipse of the Heart", using kitchen appliances for percussion, spread as an internet meme. The clip, from a Norwegian Saturday Night Live type show called Lille lørdag ("Little Saturday"), was filmed in 1995. In mid 2005 the clip was uploaded to the internet.

In the clip, the band, dressed in ill-fitting jogging suits, play on a stage surrounded by various kitchen appliances. Frontman Hegerberg plays guitar and sings in an off-key monotone, Schau "drums" by hitting a stove with a stick and slamming the door of a freezer, while Guttormsgaard adds backing vocals, and at the climax smashes the top of an electrical stove with a large piece of metal on the beat of the song.

In October/November 2005 they became part of a viral ad campaign by going on a coast to coast tour in the US that was paid for by Ford in order to promote the Ford Fusion car. As part of the ad campaign, a mockumentary movie called "The Crushing Blow" is being made, directed by the "character" Pip Simon who is played by the actress Tara Copeland.

:P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[wcip]Angel,Mar 18 2006, Wrote:I give you
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" by the Norwegian Appliance Rock band Hurra Torpedo

Google Video clip

For more information on this music phenomenon, check out their web site. Be sure to check out some video interviews of the band. I wouldn't necessarily say "Great stuff!", but it's definitely "different." :P

Wikipedia has this to say:

Hurra Torpedo is Norway's most famous kitchen appliance band, formed in the early nineties. They are a part of the artistic collective Duplex Records, and all members of the band also play in a variety of other bands in Norway.

During recent years Hurra Torpedo have had annual split- and reunion tours. The band struck international fame when a television performance of the 1983 Bonnie Tyler power ballad "Total Eclipse of the Heart", using kitchen appliances for percussion, spread as an internet meme. The clip, from a Norwegian Saturday Night Live type show called Lille lørdag ("Little Saturday"), was filmed in 1995. In mid 2005 the clip was uploaded to the internet.

In the clip, the band, dressed in ill-fitting jogging suits, play on a stage surrounded by various kitchen appliances. Frontman Hegerberg plays guitar and sings in an off-key monotone, Schau "drums" by hitting a stove with a stick and slamming the door of a freezer, while Guttormsgaard adds backing vocals, and at the climax smashes the top of an electrical stove with a large piece of metal on the beat of the song.

In October/November 2005 they became part of a viral ad campaign by going on a coast to coast tour in the US that was paid for by Ford in order to promote the Ford Fusion car. As part of the ad campaign, a mockumentary movie called "The Crushing Blow" is being made, directed by the "character" Pip Simon who is played by the actress Tara Copeland.

:P
[right][snapback]104910[/snapback][/right]

What the bloody hell was that?
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I would answer that question if I could, Doc :P

If you decide to watch the documentary-clips I linked to in my previous post, believe me when I say "the plot thickens". :)

[Image: Hurra_torpedo.jpg]
[wcip]Angel,Mar 18 2006, Wrote:I would answer that question if I could, Doc :P

If you decide to watch the documentary-clips I linked to in my previous post, believe me when I say "the plot thickens". :)
[right][snapback]104912[/snapback][/right]

BLOODY HELL. Gaffney? That's my backyard.

The giant peach. AKA, the gigantic asscrack in the sky.

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Words do not describe how awesome this band is. The world needs this band. Music has become a joke.

The high falsetto of "Turn around briiiiiight eeeeeeeeyes!" in a quavering tone had me sold.

These guys will be even bigger than Spinal Tap.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Apparently, there's an album ("Colossus") in the works, which is to be released April 2006.

However:

Aslag Wrote:Given how lazy we are, we expect there to be some delays.
The album will contain their versions of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart", Britney Spears' "TOXIC" and T.A.T.U's "All the things she said", as well as a collection of their own songs.
For some more interesting video clips, check this site.

There are some mighty interesting historical pieces there. :)

(I found my way there while trying to aid a young friend to research her Grade 5 Social Studies project on the Cold War.)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake