Stockades as Horde
Is it possible to do the Stockade as the Horde? (and the Ogrimar instance as alliance?) What would be the way to get there, just running an dieng closer and closer each time until you get into it hoping your gear survived?

Obviously one can't get any quests for the instance, but one could at least "complete" it otherwise.

Why? Just for the sake of it of course :)

Any other sugestions ideas ot hints?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Feb 24 2006, 02:58 AM Wrote:Is it possible to do the Stockade as the Horde? (and the Ogrimar instance as alliance?) What would be the way to get there, just running an dieng closer and closer each time until you get into it hoping your gear survived?

Obviously one can't get any quests for the instance, but one could at least "complete" it otherwise.

[right][snapback]102839[/snapback][/right]

Yes, you can.

You'd have to chain rez your way in to either one at the appropriate level. Too many guards. SW wouldn't have been too bad, previously, but now there's usually as many people there as in Ironforge, and the fastest path to the Stockades goes straight between the AH, Bank, and Inn. Orgrimmar would definately take some balls. You're making the marathon run from the side gate (pray the scouts don't path by) or blitzing the AH/Bank/Inn, again. The main gate might be the better choice as dying to players doesn't break your gear.

Have I complained about how poorly designed most of the cities are? Let's stuff everyone in the same hundred feet or so. The centralization's artificial and just lags more.

Anyways, I'd strongly recommend scouting your path to the Stockades or Ragefire Chasm with an Alliance or Horde alt, respectively, before attempting it on the opposing faction character.

"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Jarulf,Feb 24 2006, 04:58 AM Wrote:Is it possible to do the Stockade as the Horde? (and the Ogrimar instance as alliance?) What would be the way to get there, just running an dieng closer and closer each time until you get into it hoping your gear survived?

Strip off your gear with durability when trying to do this. You will probably have to chain res. However, since even on PvE servers you will be flagged when you are in an enemy faction's capital you will usually be able to find some willing enemy to beat the crap out of you so you get a PvP death instead of a PvE death - no durability loss. :) I'm going to have to take more of my alliance characters into RFC (snuck my level 60 rogue in there a bit ago) so they can all get the pretty dress that drops in there and is BOP. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Rinnhart,Feb 24 2006, 05:17 AM Wrote:Have I complained about how poorly designed most of the cities are? Let's stuff everyone in the same hundred feet or so. The centralization's artificial and just lags more.
[right][snapback]102842[/snapback][/right]
Well, I tried hearthing in Darnassus after the AH change, and I couldn't stand that is WASN'T centralized. The bank is in the center, the AH and Inn fairly far apart, and the flight point far away. Drove me mad!
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Jarulf,Feb 24 2006, 05:58 AM Wrote:Any other sugestions ideas ot hints?

You'll have a better chance of survival with a fishing pole, wedding dress, or another amusing outfit on. I'm serious. B)

People are friendlier when they realize you're there to fool around, rather than fight. Not everyone is, of course, but at least it is stylistic this way.
Drasca,Feb 24 2006, 03:32 PM Wrote:You'll have a better chance of survival with a fishing pole, wedding dress, or another amusing outfit on. I'm serious.  B)

People are friendlier when they realize you're there to fool around, rather than fight. Not everyone is, of course, but at least it is stylistic this way.
[right][snapback]102868[/snapback][/right]

Quoted for truth. Sharanna faced no difficulty aside from guards in her trips to collect elder coins in the horde towns. And I believe this is because she came attired in a red robe and not attired for battle.

I know I let pass many horde who were dressed similarly on their way to visit the Stormwind and IF elders on many of my characters. The only exception was the rogue who decided to kill the NPCs near the pool in IF. He was targeted, hamstrung and rended and destroyed in short order by Shalandrax.
Robes of Evocation share the same model and texture as the Horde Warlock starting outfit. It may be simpler to simply ask someone to spend fifteen minutes making an alt and having them mail the starter robes to their main so they can get it to you via the neutral AH.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Feb 24 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:Robes of Evocation share the same model and texture as the Horde Warlock starting outfit.  It may be simpler to simply ask someone to spend fifteen minutes making an alt and having them mail the starter robes to their main so they can get it to you via the neutral AH.
[right][snapback]102872[/snapback][/right]
I know that. I have a horde warlock. Don't care. It's more fun to go into RFC and get them. Since I'm no longer raiding with my big alliance characters I need something to do with them.
Intolerant monkey.
Drasca,Feb 24 2006, 12:32 PM Wrote:You'll have a better chance of survival with a fishing pole, wedding dress, or another amusing outfit on. I'm serious.  B)

[right][snapback]102868[/snapback][/right]

PvE, maybe. PvP, someone will still kill you. It's principle.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Feb 24 2006, 07:09 PM Wrote:PvE, maybe. PvP, someone will still kill you. It's principle.
[right][snapback]102895[/snapback][/right]

Not necessarily. We bloodthirsty warmongers still have senses of humor.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Jarulf,Feb 24 2006, 03:58 AM Wrote:Is it possible to do the Stockade as the Horde? (and the Ogrimar instance as alliance?) What would be the way to get there, just running an dieng closer and closer each time until you get into it hoping your gear survived?

It depends on what level you are. If you're doing them at levels appropriate for the instances, then, yeah, you're going to have to rez-run-die several times. However, I was surpised when I got all the way to the Stormwind elder at level 60 before dying (and thanks to psychic scream, I was able to get my token before dying). Using an epic mount, I was able to dodge and keep ahead of most of the guards (barely) at the front and even got out of combat when I got far into the canal zone -- near the tower with the entrance to the stockades. It helped a lot that I did this very late at night, so there were few Alliance players around to lag or kill me.

Orgrimmar is actually easier this way, except for the ever present problem of lag, because it doesn't have a massive group of guards at its entrance like Stormwind does. I would suggest riding through from the side entrance where you won't run into the lag at the bank/AH area.

But yeah, if you're trying to do this at levels appropriate for the instances, disrobe and rez-run-die a few times.