The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Sweet.

And true - cauliflower is nuclear waste :wacko:
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
I saw it and thought "vegetables and violence."

And then a small quiet surrealistic voice in the back of my head, sort of off to the left, near the ear, said that was awesome. THAT is what art is all about. I don't hear this voice often. So I was compelled to share this picture, strange as it may be. There are others by this guy... But they contain graphic violence and nudity... And isn't Lounge safe, so I must respect that.

But this one was the only one that tweaked that rarely heard voice.

I absolutely love the lighting and the subtle shadings involved in the picture. The red. There is some angry colours and agressive tones. It looks like garlic on the ground. And the lighting... I know I said it... But the bright white concentration near the center really does a good job focusing the vision if you let it, allowing the rest to be peripheral in nature, which enhances what the picture is really about. In the event of a nuclear explosion, pretty much all you can focus on is the mushroom cloud it self and everything else just sort of fades away. (Soon to be burned away) The lighting and the shading really reflects that.

Yeah. I like some weird art. :blink: :wacko:
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Would've been funnier as a mushroom, though mushrooms do flank the cauliflower cloud.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Great. After completing F.E.A.R. and it's suitably explosive ending I end up clicking on this thread of all things.

A nice piece of surreality, nevertheless.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Doc,Feb 22 2006, 03:18 PM Wrote:I saw it and thought "vegetables and violence."

And then a small quiet surrealistic voice in the back of my head, sort of off to the left, near the ear, said that was awesome. THAT is what art is all about. I don't hear this voice often. So I was compelled to share this picture, strange as it may be. There are others by this guy... But they contain graphic violence and nudity... And isn't Lounge safe, so I must respect that.
[right][snapback]102685[/snapback][/right]

Interesting photo Doc. I understand your decision not to post others, but for those who might be interested in more info, what's the name of the artist?
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Check the url.

It's in there.

And why is my name in italics? Seems strange.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:And why is my name in italics? Seems strange.

Cuz you're special? :P

I looked through a lot of the art on the site. I'm not a fan of modern art and a lot of it was pretty lame but there were some very interesting pieces in there. Some of the photography was very well done although I fail to understand the random breast shots and the like.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Doc,Feb 23 2006, 11:42 AM Wrote:Check the url.

It's in there.

And why is my name in italics? Seems strange.
[right][snapback]102741[/snapback][/right]

I try to do the italics thing whenever referencing a handle in text. I am, of course, assuming that neither your given name, nor your family name, is in fact Doc, however, I could be wrong. Had I refered to myself, it would be either Maitre or my actual name: Tim. Just a way of referring to the veil, rather than what's behind it.

Thanks for the tip regarding the url.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!