The Ahn'Qiraj Gate Opening Event
Warlock,Feb 24 2006, 01:01 AM Wrote:I had no chance to catch it myself and I do appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences
[right][snapback]102824[/snapback][/right]
I would like to express the same sentiment. I was sad to hear that the gong was going to happen when I was unable to be on, especially after having spent substantial hours farming materials for the war effort. Not only that, but I held off on logging in that evening for fear of trashed servers, only to find that I missed multiple raids that had formed, within our alliance, to hit the new instances. I still have not seen the inside of either AQ. :( Anyway, babble... Thanks for your new story, Mongo. I would love to have seen this one time event myself but your tale did relate the feeling well.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Another good write-up Mongo, thanks.

The event is starting on stormscale in about 10 minutes, but given the server has been crashing every 5 minutes for the last hour I doubt I'll get to see much of it. :(
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
The other night, the Gates opened on Thunderhorn. It was a great time!

Just as ever other realm, the lag was nearly unplayable for the first half hour to 45 minutes. Once a good chunk of people either gave up or entered the instance, the zone stabilized.

We managed to kite the Hive'Ashi Colossus to Cenarion Hold fairly easily. But try as we might it just wasn't happening. Every time we'd get Zora about halfway, he'd bug on us (pun intended) and go into evade mode. No one was in the mood to die repeatedly in an attempt to graveyard zerg him, so we shifted to fighting the crystal spawns.

The Anubisaths are VERY slow. Any class with a ranged attack can bring them to the main gatherings of troops on the north or south sides of Cenarion Hold and watch them get taken down in short order. The Qiraji are faster, but hunters were having no problem. We basically ran our operation with kiting teams running out to crystals and hauling the entire spawn back to CH to be destroyed, and it was working very well.

One note on the mobs spawning during the event: get people deputized. If someone in your guild has turned in Broodlord Lashlayer's head, have deputize as many people as he can. The Silithid enemies you kill will drop nearly 200 carapaces apiece, and those can later be turned in for Brood of Nozdormu rep. We had everyone deputized and even after that I had around 2,000 carapaces to show for the effort.
See you in Town,
-Z