Herb / Alch bags coming in 1.10
With the 1.10 patch two new craftable bag types will be available specifically for holding items related to either herbalism or enchanting. Tailors will be able to try their hand at crafting these new bags as the recipes will be found throughout the world. These new specialty bags will function similar to how a normal bag would, but with the restriction of holding only herbs or enchanting supplies. The recipes will be made available for crafting these bags in various sizes, the high end of each type being 24 slots.

The 24 slotters will be a great help , cant wait :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Feb 17 2006, 05:09 AM Wrote:The 24 slotters will be a great help , cant wait :)
[right][snapback]102266[/snapback][/right]
If these took a slot in a bag instead of a bag slot, they would be heaven. Right now, with alchemy, pet collecting, resistance equipment and many partial quest item stacks, all six bank slots is still not enough. :blush: :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Raven Vale,Feb 17 2006, 06:09 AM Wrote:With the 1.10 patch two new craftable bag types will be available specifically for holding items related to either herbalism or enchanting. Tailors will be able to try their hand at crafting these new bags as the recipes will be found throughout the world. These new specialty bags will function similar to how a normal bag would, but with the restriction of holding only herbs or enchanting supplies. The recipes will be made available for crafting these bags in various sizes, the high end of each type being 24 slots.

Well they'll be helpful when I'm herbing prior to MC/BWL runs but it will have to go into the bank at the end of it as I only have one bag slot left after all the equipment changes I carry now... :)

Edit: It would be awesome for the bank slots actually as I have quite a bit taking up space in there.:D
Raven Vale,Feb 17 2006, 03:09 AM Wrote:With the 1.10 patch two new craftable bag types will be available specifically for holding items related to either herbalism or enchanting. Tailors will be able to try their hand at crafting these new bags as the recipes will be found throughout the world. These new specialty bags will function similar to how a normal bag would, but with the restriction of holding only herbs or enchanting supplies. The recipes will be made available for crafting these bags in various sizes, the high end of each type being 24 slots.

I'll probably have one on the character and 2 in the bank. :) The enchanting one is great, though making stacks a little more practical to what is required in an enchant would be a better solution IMO.
Sir_Die_alot,Feb 17 2006, 10:24 AM Wrote:I'll probably have one on the character and 2 in the bank.
[right][snapback]102278[/snapback][/right]

I am sure these will function just like ammo and shard bags, in that you can only one on your character at once, and they take up a bag slot. IMHO the announcement comes too close after shard bags to think they are anything but a copy/paste job from that code.

I would only use an herb bag if they can be used in place of a bank bag. I rarely carry 20+ stacks of herbs with me to Molten Core. :)
Xanthix,Feb 17 2006, 08:52 AM Wrote:I would only use an herb bag if they can be used in place of a bank bag. I rarely carry 20+ stacks of herbs with me to Molten Core. :)
[right][snapback]102288[/snapback][/right]

yup
Xanthix,Feb 17 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:I would only use an herb bag if they can be used in place of a bank bag. I rarely carry 20+ stacks of herbs with me to Molten Core. :)
[right][snapback]102288[/snapback][/right]

To my knowlege, shard bags can be used in the bank so if these work similarly I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work also.
RTM,Feb 17 2006, 08:26 PM Wrote:To my knowlege, shard bags can be used in the bank so if these work similarly I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work also.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...&tmp=1#blizzard
Specialty bags like quivers, ammo pouches and soul shard bags are not designed to go in (purchased) bank slots. You also might want to consider emptying the bag before storing it.

:(
Never mind herb/reagent bags, what about a keyring? It doesn't seem right that 8 keys take up as much room as 8 axes...
Tseric Wrote:My bad.
It looks like, from his follow-up post, that the "are not designed to" part was inference on his part. We're still at "wait and see".

The keyring has been on the list for a long time, supposedly discussed frequently at dev meetings, pending "technical issues". Whether that's technical as in figuring out how to hang a scepter and a mallet on a keyring, or as in "technically, we want everyone to buy the expansion before we give them a keyring" is anyone's guess :P
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->
Anyone else seeing a relatively broad crafting update coming in 1.10? Stormshroud Gloves, Herb/Chant bags, and Caydiem saying " Oh, I think Blacksmiths will be receiving some love in 1.10. :)" make me think they've got more in store--though it could just be the usual, "We've added a few patterns to the X faction vendor."

It was the gloves that really made me wonder if they're gonna buff the other crafted sets; I know most of my Tribal ones are rather lackluster.

I know I sure wouldn't mind if they gave out a few more marketable skills. Just about everyone could use a transmute every now and then, and mooncloth is in fair demand, but noone really gives a damn about salt--including leatherworkers.
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->
Shriek,Feb 23 2006, 10:08 AM Wrote:Anyone else seeing a relatively broad crafting update coming in 1.10?
Overall 1.10 is going to be another huge patch, with major changes to classes, items, crafting, dungeons, quests, and the UI.

At one time Blizzard said they intended to move to a smaller but more frequent patch schedule, but they really haven't. Except for hotfixes and maintenance patches, we're seeing a monster patch every 2 months or so. I don't really mind as long as they keep us updated with what's coming though.
Flymo,Feb 20 2006, 12:53 PM Wrote:Never mind herb/reagent bags, what about a keyring?&nbsp; It doesn't seem right that 8 keys take up as much room as 8 axes...
[right][snapback]102445[/snapback][/right]

QFT :P

As far as bags go, I'm meh on them. Without a special "profession" bag slot to put them in, it's novel but doesn't solve my space concerns. I've never had a bag overflowing into another with a profession item aside from Skinning when I was helping Mirajj farm for his sinew. For warlocks, it makes sense to me. For Herbalism, it seems overkill. And unless there's someone with a metric butt-ton of reagents they are carrying around (I guess to avoid going back to buy more?), I'm not seeing the value add.

Now then, a profession bag slot, special? Sure. But then, I've always thought Ammo should be its own special slot-apart, not taking up one of your bag spaces with ranged business, and two fingers and a raspberry to anyone whining that people with ranged weaponry got "more bag space". Hell, make it a choice - add a sixth slot and make it Specialty Bag Only, so folks can put an ammo bag, a quiver, a shardbag, an herbsack, whatever there, but not a loot bag. THAT I'd get excited about. That would impress me :)
"Men, can't live with 'em, can't fit more than six in the trunk of a '64 Impala."

Stormrage/Carpe Aurum: Krossandra (60 Disc/Holy Priest)
Groveborn (Druid); Talhaiarn (Mage); Bruille (Warrior); Senryu (Warlock)

Stormrage/Lurkers: Crenshaw (Rogue)

Terenas/Lurkers: Zerapagia (neglected Orc Warlock)
Xanthix,Feb 23 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:Overall 1.10 is going to be another huge patch, with major changes to classes, items, crafting, dungeons, quests, and the UI.

At one time Blizzard said they intended to move to a smaller but more frequent patch schedule, but they really haven't. Except for hotfixes and maintenance patches, we're seeing a monster patch every 2 months or so. I don't really mind as long as they keep us updated with what's coming though.
[right][snapback]102739[/snapback][/right]
They had even said towards the end of 1.9's development cycle that 1.10 was supposed to have a quicker development cycle (though with Naxx originally supposed to have been 1.10, I don't know how that could've been possible). I wish that they would start getting quicker patch cycles. Then again, I'm more of a non-raider, so the latest patches have held no real new content for me.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking