Value of Dexterity
I'm playing a maces barbarian, Immortal King set. (or so is the plan)

I was told that unless I put a certain amount in dex I won't have very good to hit on the higher difficulties.

I'm maxing concentrate, iron skin, battle orders and maces.
if I just put 225 in strength for pre reqs, and assumingly the same for vital for high life how much should I need in dex for a boost in to hit? Would a value of 60 be sufficient?

thanks
Between Concentrate and Mastery's AR bonuses, all of the IK set's +AR, and a 1 point and +skills Battlecry, I think you could do fine with base DEX.

Leveling to get to the point where all that is available might be a pain, but there are always other solutions than DEX investment for CtH problems.
TheKingofKewl,Feb 15 2006, 04:33 PM Wrote:I'm playing a maces barbarian, Immortal King set. (or so is the plan)

I was told that unless I put a certain amount in dex I won't have very good to hit on the higher difficulties.

I'm maxing concentrate, iron skin, battle orders and maces.
if I just put 225 in strength for pre reqs, and assumingly the same for vital for high life how much should I need in dex for a boost in to hit? Would a value of 60 be sufficient?

thanks .
[right][snapback]102136[/snapback][/right]
Battle Cry's DR reduction is the saving grace. Consider also using a Blessed Aim Merc, Act II, as one option, or of course the usual Might Merc for massive damage boost.

Don't forget some points in Berserk(to taste) to ensure the Physical Immunes Phear Your Hammer!

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
An eth(-25% target defense) or 2 in the IK SC would probably elimate that problem(or if you're rich, a jah rune for pvm) as would a couple of steel grand charms(101-135 attack rating i believe)
thanks, the charm sounds good and the eth. I don't think the Jah works against bosses and uniques though

My problem was with my zealer I had a 64% to hit against Lilith and she kicked my butt
TheKingofKewl,Feb 17 2006, 06:46 PM Wrote:I don't think the Jah works against bosses and uniques
[right][snapback]102317[/snapback][/right]
You are correct.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.