Love is in the Air!
All of Azeroth is smelling of perfume and cologne with the new Valentine's Day holiday. From a "social" personality point of view, the events like shooting people with arrows to cause Peddlefeet to fly around them, showering other players with fresh petals, exchanging friendship bracelets, and participating in the city leader popularity contest are fun. From an "explorer" personality point of view, I was thrilled when I realized the end quest guy in the investigation of the perfume and cologne quest line was at the lake in the hills behind Ravenholt Manor that I'd found in my explorations in the beta.

However, from an "achiever" point of view, I was disappointed that there weren't any reputation gains from completing any of the quests and the best rewards were some boxes of chocolates that while giving some nice bonuses just aren't worth the headache to collect all those cards, flowers, and pies to get. Also, the investigation quest line was a purely FedEx quest line and didn't require any battles with monsters or require any difficult or creative actions on the player's part. Oh, well.

Vote for Sylvanis!
MongoJerry,Feb 14 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:Vote for Sylvanis!
[right][snapback]102024[/snapback][/right]
Bah to Sylvanis! Thrall all the way! He's the best, horde or alliance.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 14 2006, 02:35 PM Wrote:Bah to Sylvanis!  Thrall all the way!  He's the best, horde or alliance.
[right][snapback]102027[/snapback][/right]

Double bah! Cairne is the best of the Horde and Tyrande is the best of the Alliance.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
MongoJerry,Feb 14 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:All of Azeroth is smelling of perfume and cologne with the new Valentine's Day holiday.  From a "social" personality point of view, the events like shooting people with arrows to cause Peddlefeet to fly around them, showering other players with fresh petals, exchanging friendship bracelets, and participating in the city leader popularity contest are fun.  From an "explorer" personality point of view, I was thrilled when I realized the end quest guy in the investigation of the perfume and cologne quest line was at the lake in the hills behind Ravenholt Manor that I'd found in my explorations in the beta.

However, from an "achiever" point of view, I was disappointed that there weren't any reputation gains from completing any of the quests and the best rewards were some boxes of chocolates that while giving some nice bonuses just aren't worth the headache to collect all those cards, flowers, and pies to get.  Also, the investigation quest line was a purely FedEx quest line and didn't require any battles with monsters or require any difficult or creative actions on the player's part.  Oh, well.

Vote for Sylvanis!

Got an STSI for you involving the events...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Regarding the difficulty of collecting the required items, the auction house is your friend.

Regarding the power of the rewards, don't underestimate the lovely black dress. One of the priests in our guild wore it for an entire UBRS run last night, and I'm told the orcs were suitably distracted that the raid had few problems defeating them!
Xanthix,Feb 14 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:Regarding the difficulty of collecting the required items, the auction house is your friend.

Regarding the power of the rewards, don't underestimate the lovely black dress. One of the priests in our guild wore it for an entire UBRS run last night, and I'm told the orcs were suitably distracted that the raid had few problems defeating them!
[right][snapback]102031[/snapback][/right]

Lizzy tanked UBRS in the red one :D
--Mav
MongoJerry,Feb 14 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:the best rewards were some boxes of chocolates that while giving some nice bonuses just aren't worth the headache to collect all those cards, flowers, and pies to get
In case you didn't already know it - There is a chance that the gift you get for becoming adored might contain a box of chocolates. All it took was putting on perfume/cologne and giving a token to one of the love afflicted NPCs and could be done each hour.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Mavfin,Feb 14 2006, 03:49 PM Wrote:Lizzy tanked UBRS in the red one :D
[right][snapback]102035[/snapback][/right]

Twice even...and have a couple screenshots of it, couple of which would make good STSIs. *pokes Mongo on how to submit*

Lissa,Feb 15 2006, 09:42 AM Wrote:Twice even...and have a couple screenshots of it, couple of which would make good STSIs.  *pokes Mongo on how to submit*
[right][snapback]102081[/snapback][/right]

*cough* *cough*
Tal,Feb 15 2006, 07:47 AM Wrote:*cough* *cough*
[right][snapback]102083[/snapback][/right]

*cough*shouldn'ttherebealinkonthestsipage?*cough*

Lissa,Feb 15 2006, 09:49 AM Wrote:*cough*shouldn'ttherebealinkonthestsipage?*cough*
[right][snapback]102084[/snapback][/right]

*cough*I'llpointitouttoBolty*cough* ;)
Tal,Feb 15 2006, 07:53 AM Wrote:*cough*I'llpointitouttoBolty*cough* ;)
[right][snapback]102085[/snapback][/right]
*hands the whole forum a Ricola*
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Lissa,Feb 15 2006, 07:49 AM Wrote:*cough*shouldn'ttherebealinkonthestsipage?*cough*

Yes, and send STSI's to gmonsen at comcast dot net in the meantime. I hate to post my direct e-mail address on a website, where spammer robots can sniff it out, but I would definitely love to get your STSI submissions!
Lissa,Feb 14 2006, 05:58 PM Wrote:Double bah!  Cairne is the best of the Horde and Tyrande is the best of the Alliance.
[right][snapback]102029[/snapback][/right]

Disagree. Sylvanas for Horde, and Magni for Alliance. After War3 and War3X, I can't stand anything involving Tyrande; too arrogant and self-righteous for my tastes (and not in the sadistic way that Sylvanas and the Forsaken are.)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I will be surprised to hear of any server having a winner other than Thrall or Magni.
See you in Town,
-Z