Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
DeeBye,Feb 16 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:Yeah, the gameplay is absolutely fanstastic but it really sucks about the slowness and bugginess about the game.  When I want to play it, I click the desktop shortcut and then find something else to do for the next 10 minutes or so while it loads.  Just tonight I loaded a savegame and it promptly crashed to desktop without me doing anything.  I played D2 instead.

If they would have ironed out those issues, this might be one of the best games ever made.  As it stands, it can be an excercise in frustration.
[right][snapback]102160[/snapback][/right]
That's how long it took to load monopoly on my commodore 64 tape drive.

20 years and it still takes 10 mins to load a game. What happened to Moores Law? :P
Hi,

whyBish,Feb 16 2006, 10:40 AM Wrote:That's how long it took to load monopoly on my commodore 64 tape drive. 20 years and it still takes 10 mins to load a game.  What happened to Moores Law?
[Image: lol.gif]

At least we could listen to awesome music while loading a game way back then; the Ocean tape loader music is still one of my favorite musics ever. Nowadays, however...all one can do is wonder if the game might have crashed while staring at the hourglass mouse cursor...

I hadn't bought Vampire because of all the reported bugs. Now, hearing you praising it so much, I think I'll have to buy it now nonetheless...damn it. :ph34r:

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider
DeeBye,Feb 13 2006, 11:55 PM Wrote:I've been told that Malkavians are the most fun to play, but not on the first go-around.  True/False?
[right][snapback]101944[/snapback][/right]

Awesome game. It's like a modern-day Deus Ex.

Malkavians rock. But certainly not as a first playthrough. Some of their dialogue options are blatant spoilers, best appreciated once you've been through the game at least once before.

Also, Malkavian heavy leather = awesome. I love me some undead sex-cowgirl ninja-bat action. Or replace the baseball bat with the axe. :wub:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Somewhat offtopic, but anyone got some good CRPG reccomendations? I'm just sitting around waiting for the elder scrolls IV: Oblivion right now. So many crap games coming out and not enough good RPGs :unsure: .
Update on my progress. I have just entered Hollywood and have been getting missions out the wazoo.

Troika obviously used to play too much Counter Strike as did I. (large images possibly)

[Image: hw_netcafe_10000.jpg]

[Image: hw_netcafe_10001.jpg]
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
DeeBye,Feb 13 2006, 09:55 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]101944[/snapback][/right]

I've never played the [video] game, however the pen-and-paper (tabletop) version is quite interesting. I prefer the pre-d20 version of Vampire myself from what little I've seen of the d20 version, but each to their own. For a horror campaign, I personally prefer a good Call of Cthulhu adventure to scare the crap out of my friends - nothing like a little mortality to help people realize their own. Vampire is too far of a stretch for my imagination, thank you very much!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin