I am returned!
I always come back to D2 eventually. Still with my POS 64 MB RAM comp and 56k, still cussing up a storm when I die from lag too much, still dropping out from lister lag, same old Griff that everyone knew and loved or at least loved to hate. So anyone from back in the day still around on d2? Oh, and I'm playing LoD East Ladder currently!
GriffonSpade,Feb 13 2006, 07:57 AM Wrote:I always come back to D2 eventually. Still with my POS 64 MB RAM comp and 56k, still cussing up a storm when I die from lag too much, still dropping out from lister lag, same old Griff that everyone knew and loved or at least loved to hate. So anyone from back in the day still around on d2? Oh, and I'm playing LoD East Ladder currently!
[right][snapback]101899[/snapback][/right]
Welcome Back. May the Lag Monster drop a Zod for you when you finally slay him. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
GriffonSpade,Feb 13 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:I always come back to D2 eventually.
[right][snapback]101899[/snapback][/right]

You too?

I think that just might be everyone though. :-)
I am Baylan

Hardcore is the way to play!

You'll find me on US-East, on the account name Baylan (for now, I'll add more as I get my accounts up and hardcore-capable).
Baylan,Feb 14 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:You too?

I think that just might be everyone though. :-)
[right][snapback]102046[/snapback][/right]

Yup, after a long hiatus I'm back too. I started in again about 2 weeks ago. Softcore Ladder USWest.

I've been having tons of fun with my singer, CarnegieHall.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Feb 15 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:Yup, after a long hiatus I'm back too.  I started in again about 2 weeks ago.  Softcore Ladder USWest.

I've been having tons of fun with my singer, CarnegieHall.
[right][snapback]102147[/snapback][/right]

I'm modding D2 again. :)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Feb 18 2006, 04:22 PM Wrote:I'm modding D2 again. :)
[right][snapback]102346[/snapback][/right]

Again!?!?

This game really does have some big time longevity!

-Baylan
Welcome back, Griff.

I suppose in some ways, we never really leave D2.

I am certainly looking forward to when I next encounter a game.

Cheers.
-degrak
Using more than one question mark does not make it anymore of a question.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Scrape,Feb 20 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:Welcome back, Griff.

I suppose in some ways, we never really leave D2.

I am certainly looking forward to when I next encounter a game.

Cheers.
[right][snapback]102414[/snapback][/right]
This game is highly addictive.. but not in the ordinary way thought.
I mean, we can stop playing it for a while, but we come back eventually, no matter if it takes a month or a year :D

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
I think the magic finding and the different build types have a big role in the replay factor that keeps people coming back :-) :wub: we loves diablo

Chaostheory,Feb 20 2006, 12:27 PM Wrote:This game is highly addictive.. but not in the ordinary way thought.
I mean, we can stop playing it for a while, but we come back eventually, no matter if it takes a month or a year :D
[right][snapback]102420[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Feb 22 2006, 02:35 PM Wrote:I think the magic finding and the different build types have a big role in the replay factor that keeps people coming back :-) :wub: we loves diablo
[right][snapback]102676[/snapback][/right]

Don't forget that it doesn't cost any money to come back to it ;)
GriffonSpade,Feb 25 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:Don't forget that it doesn't cost any money to come back to it  ;)
[right][snapback]102941[/snapback][/right]

I haven't played D2 for almost 2-years and I'm loving every minute of it. Don't get me wrong, the game was more than great and fulfilled all my expectations for a very long time. I'm not sure, but I've always felt there the game could have been much more! I felt the additions of Runes and all the stuff in the expansion (and patch 1.1) was a sad attempt to breathe life back into this game, which was desperately in need of an expansion - to explore new lands! I think I had the most fun with D2 between patch 1.04 and 1.06 - the balance was just right about then.

Personally, I can't wait for D3, although I won't hold my breath. I haven't found a suitable game to quench my appetite for demon blood since D2, and I doubt I will until D3 - unless the "new" Blizzard team (Blizzard SOUTH?) really butchers D3, but I don't think that will happen. Until then...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
MEAT,Mar 1 2006, 01:16 AM Wrote:I haven't played D2 for almost 2-years and I'm loving every minute of it. Don't get me wrong, the game was more than great and fulfilled all my expectations for a very long time. I'm not sure, but I've always felt there the game could have been much more! I felt the additions of Runes and all the stuff in the expansion (and patch 1.1) was a sad attempt to breathe life back into this game, which was desperately in need of an expansion - to explore new lands! I think I had the most fun with D2 between patch 1.04 and 1.06 - the balance was just right about then.

[right][snapback]103253[/snapback][/right]

Yah, they could've done so much better on version 10/11 patches, but they just started throwing all kinds of insanely powerful new items out, making old ones obsolete, then making it impossible to even get the old ones because your characters arent strong enough to get them....vicious cycle....game balance in both pvm and pvp are totally FUBAR; a 5 year old can do a better job at balancing than what is in now, and not to mention still unfixed bugs. Bnet gets a C for effort and an F for the practical.
I mean seriously, 600% edam weapons? +2 all skill +tele all classes armor? people teleporting 3-4 times a second? 12k+ damage on a spell that spins around the user, can hit multiple targets, and is resisted by almost nothing? People running around with a half a dozen auras, oak sage, cold armor, and war cries in grizzly form on all at the same time on one character? Next we'll get a charm that turns us into a supersaiyan with +20 kamehameha. Oh wait, we already have that. It's called hellfire torch.