Anyone else watching Olympic figure skating?
I swear, even just the words "ruptured achiles'" make my skin crawl.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
I'm watching as much of the Olympics as I can.

GenericKen Wrote:I swear, even just the words "ruptured achiles'" make my skin crawl.
Funny thing about that was, he skated fine. She, on the other hand, messed up on a jump.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
NBC kinda sucks for Olympic coverage.
DeeBye,Feb 12 2006, 02:12 AM Wrote:NBC kinda sucks for Olympic coverage.
[right][snapback]101845[/snapback][/right]
Canada doesn't have its own broadcasting for the games?

NBC isn't too bad as far as corporations that have hosted the Olympics go, they've got 4 channels on basic cable (NBC, USA, MSNBC, CNBC) and use them all to show different events, letting you watch more than just the highlights of a few specific happenings. I was going back and forth between Canada vs. Italy for Women's hockey (not a very even matchup, but oh well) on MSNBC and the skiing/luge on NBC this afternoon. During the summer games in Athens, they usually had all 4 stations showing something and quite a bit of it was live (if you stayed up to 3am you could watch the morning events), which was a nice change from what other channels have done. I enjoyed being able to watch a lot of the events that aren't normally shown as parts of the highlights due to things like time restrictions (a lot of the diathalon events) that would have just simply been shortened to a 2 minute highlight on other stations.

Their camera quality is rather lacking though, and it's easy to tell they only want you to watch on an HDTV (having scorecards going off the screen of your 4:3 tv so you can't read them is pretty annoying).
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
We get to see really a lot here in Holland. One station televises more or less the whole day, and most of it is live as well.

But seeing that the americans are even beating us at the 5000 meter speedskating makes me think these games are gonna be bad for us. :D
eppie,Feb 12 2006, 12:18 PM Wrote:We get to see really a lot here in Holland. One station televises more or less the whole day, and most of it is live as well.

But seeing that the americans are even beating us at the 5000 meter speedskating makes me think these games are gonna be bad for us. :D
[right][snapback]101848[/snapback][/right]

Whee, another Dutchie. The female skaters kicked ass on the 3000 M, that made my day after seeing Sven Kramer lose his well deserved victory yesterday :D .
Wyrm,Feb 11 2006, 11:58 PM Wrote:Canada doesn't have its own broadcasting for the games?

[right][snapback]101847[/snapback][/right]

It's all on the CBC up here. We still get the NBC feed though!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II