Chance to cast on striking
4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck
2% Chance To Cast level 15 Valkyrie On Striking
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 To Critical Strike
Cold Resist +30%
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

I was thinking of putting a Peace Armor on my Act II Merc, since I believe that "casts on striking" works for mercs as well as for players.

Or does it?

Having my merc cast a Valk every so often would be kind of neat.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
In general, CtC effects work on mercs; however, the CtC Valk on Peace is disabled for mercs. It caused the game to crash (something about minions not being able to cast minions of their own), so the good folks at Blizzard put the kibosh on it.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Grayloch,Feb 9 2006, 06:35 PM Wrote:In general, CtC effects work on mercs; however, the CtC Valk on Peace is disabled for mercs. It caused the game to crash (something about minions not being able to cast minions of their own), so the good folks at Blizzard put the kibosh on it.

-G.
[right][snapback]101738[/snapback][/right]

Rats. :(

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I made the same mistake. Personally, I think it's lame but understandable...I just had high hopes after having a Tomb Reaver pal off-ladder. If it weren't nerfed, that would be a the Delirium of merc armor...

First post by the way :P
thehighesttree,Feb 14 2006, 04:11 PM Wrote:I made the same mistake. Personally, I think it's lame but understandable...I just had high hopes after having a Tomb Reaver pal off-ladder. If it weren't nerfed, that would be a the Delirium of merc armor...

First post by the way :P
[right][snapback]102022[/snapback][/right]

Blame it on the remaining guys as blizzard/bnet for being too incompetant to automatically make the valkyrie your minion when the merc casts it...after all they seem to be incompetant in every other facet too eh?
Grayloch,Feb 9 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:In general, CtC effects work on mercs
[right][snapback]101738[/snapback][/right]

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does the Chance to Cast Enchant on Obedience work with mercs? I can see the Enchant graphic, but it doesn't register on my merc's damage display.
DeeBye,Mar 15 2006, 09:31 PM Wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread, but does the Chance to Cast Enchant on Obedience work with mercs?  I can see the Enchant graphic, but it doesn't register on my merc's damage display.
[right][snapback]104726[/snapback][/right]

It works. Since an unsynergized slvl 21 enchant only gives 74-96 damage, it might not be very noticeable. The big bonus is the +200% AR, but that's not listed on the merc screen.
adeyke,Mar 16 2006, 02:33 AM Wrote:It works.  Since an unsynergized slvl 21 enchant only gives 74-96 damage, it might not be very noticeable.  The big bonus is the +200% AR, but that's not listed on the merc screen.
[right][snapback]104733[/snapback][/right]

I thought mercenaries completely ignored attack rating statistic? If so it probably wouldnt be very useful
Heiho,

I'd love to see where this 'hirelings don't need an AR check' statement originates, because I've seen that quite often but without further evidence.
For now, I stay with 'hirelings need an AR check like every other combat unit', because I don't see anything indicating otherwise.

Mind, they should get pretty much AR along with Jab (and they hardly use Standard Attack anymore when fully grown). This really isn't shown in the hireling screen, because that lists only Standard AR.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
librarian,Apr 8 2006, 02:53 AM Wrote:Mind, they should get pretty much AR along with Jab (and they hardly use Standard Attack anymore when fully grown). This really isn't shown in the hireling screen, because that lists only Standard AR.
[right][snapback]106597[/snapback][/right]
Unless I've been missing something all these years, the hireling screen doesn't show AR at all. It lists Strength, Dexterity, Damage, Defense, and Resistances.

-G.
Even the mountains
Last not forever:
Someday they, too, shall
Crumble to dust.
Heiho,

yep, you're right there. It doesn't show AR at all.
Anyway it wouldn't make sense to give them AR automatically when they don't need it. Plus the several heavy AR related threads do indeed mention different AR behaviour of monsters and players (and as so often don't bring much clarification if 'monster' means everything what's listed in monstats.txt), but never mention a skipping of the AR check just for hirelings.
See also this one
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=35&t=59082
it's oe of my favorites, because I may have understood about a third from what's discussed there ^^
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
librarian,Apr 8 2006, 01:27 PM Wrote:Heiho,

yep, you're right there. It doesn't show AR at all.
Anyway it wouldn't make sense to give them AR automatically when they don't need it. Plus the several heavy AR related threads do indeed mention different AR behaviour of monsters and players (and as so often don't bring much clarification if 'monster' means everything what's listed in monstats.txt), but never mention a skipping of the AR check just for hirelings.
See also this one
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=35&t=59082
it's oe of my favorites, because I may have understood about a third from what's discussed there ^^
[right][snapback]106631[/snapback][/right]

Hirelings improve in Attack Rating (because the hireable level is a factor), and they also fully heal when they level up.

They have SOME form of attack rating, but this description makes it sound like it doesnt work the same as a player(perhaps only checking their own level, the monsters level, and the monsters defense or something simple like that).
GriffonSpade,Apr 15 2006, 10:23 PM Wrote:Hirelings improve in Attack Rating (because the hireable level is a factor), and they also fully heal when they level up.

They have SOME form of attack rating, but this description makes it sound like it doesnt work the same as a player(perhaps only checking their own level, the monsters level, and the monsters defense or something simple like that).
[right][snapback]107344[/snapback][/right]

There's nothing special or different about the way henchie AR works.
Heiho,

GriffonSpade,Apr 16 2006, 06:23 AM Wrote:They have SOME form of attack rating, but this description makes it sound like it doesnt work the same as a player(perhaps only checking their own level, the monsters level, and the monsters defense or something simple like that).
[right][snapback]107344[/snapback][/right]

I think the main reason for most rumors about hireling's AR not/different working is that people miss the AR Bonus on the Jab attack he uses almost exclusively when he's grown.
So he'll just hit more often as the calculation with the raw figures from Zath indicate.
And in relation to monsters with blocking ability he misses more often compared with his attacks vs normal monsters because the blocking ability is not AR/DR dependent.

So if one guesses hirelings have autohit, the guess there'd be a special behaviour against act bosses and suchlike is much nearer than with keeping the Jab AR Bonus and the blocking ability of some monsters in mind.

Even with the not so clearly understandable assembly code translation Myrdinn gave in that linked AB thread obviously every (combat) unit's AR is checked. Except of course with AR-skipping autohit attacks like Smite, Guided Arrow and Lightning Fury. Jab isn't autohit.
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids