AQ 20
Who will lead Lurker raids into AQ20. I would love to see a regular run that was Lurker based. (Including those 60s like Darian, Usul and Rwyn with cross guilded alts.)

Lately, I've felt that we need more cohesion as a guild. Guild chat is getting awfully quiet and I, for one, don't like that. This could be a wonderful way to kick Lurkers up a notch, and you know we can do it.

It would also be exciting to have a brand new raid leader come forward to take us through.

Step up! Step up! Let's go see what's in it for Lurkers in AQ.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Feb 6 2006, 05:12 AM Wrote:Who will lead Lurker raids into AQ20. I would love to see a regular run that was Lurker based. (Including those 60s like Darian, Usul and Rwyn with cross guilded alts.)

Lately, I've felt that we need more cohesion as a guild. Guild chat is getting awfully quiet and I, for one, don't like that. This could be a wonderful way to kick Lurkers up a notch, and you know we can do it.

It would also be exciting to have a brand new raid leader come forward to take us through.

Step up! Step up! Let's go see what's in it for Lurkers in AQ.
[right][snapback]101252[/snapback][/right]

I would like to hold off for a week or two for the newness to die down a little (next weekend I forsee Kalimdor being up and down all weekend).

As such, I'd like to setup a run into Z'G for Saturday at 11 am (figure we'll run to around 3 PM giving people a 4 hour break before whatever raid happens next Saturday night).

Pretty much itenary I would run in southern half of the zone (Jeklik, Venoxis, Mar'li, and the Bloodlord) to get people aquainted with the fights first.

Once things calm down a little with AQ, I'll probably start swapping each week, one run into Z'G, another in AQ.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
And when do you propose to run these? Monday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings are out. Probably most of the weekday runs are out. Saturday during the day and folks will be raiding for most of that day, Sunday during the day interferes with the MC alt run. So, weekday evenings. Lemme guess, they're going to start before I even get home because we've got so many folks who have real schedules and live on the east coast. So, have fun guys. Enjoy your new loots. Enjoy your new experiences. I'll just be sitting in the corner left behind again. I really do wish you guys much fun, no sarcasm.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 6 2006, 09:10 AM Wrote:And when do you propose to run these?  Monday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings are out.  Probably most of the weekday runs are out.  Saturday during the day and folks will be raiding for most of that day, Sunday during the day interferes with the MC alt run.  So, weekday evenings.  Lemme guess, they're going to start before I even get home because we've got so many folks who have real schedules and live on the east coast.  So, have fun guys.  Enjoy your new loots.  Enjoy your new experiences.  I'll just be sitting in the corner left behind again.  I really do wish you guys much fun, no sarcasm.
[right][snapback]101272[/snapback][/right]

I'd like to shoot for Saturday mornings as I noted in the post above, around 11 am server time with only going 4 hours max. This gives people about a 4 hour cool off period before the main raid that night.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Lissa,Feb 6 2006, 10:56 AM Wrote:I would like to hold off for a week or two for the newness to die down a little (next weekend I forsee Kalimdor being up and down all weekend).

As such, I'd like to setup a run into Z'G for Saturday at 11 am (figure we'll run to around 3 PM giving people a 4 hour break before whatever raid happens next Saturday night).

Pretty much itenary I would run in southern half of the zone (Jeklik, Venoxis, Mar'li, and the Bloodlord) to get people aquainted with the fights first.

Once things calm down a little with AQ, I'll probably start swapping each week, one run into Z'G, another in AQ.
[right][snapback]101267[/snapback][/right]

Woot! Where do I sign????

BTW, Lis, I think that a delay is the best idea. It will be a zoo, you're right about that.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Lissa,Feb 6 2006, 10:56 AM Wrote:I would like to hold off for a week or two for the newness to die down a little (next weekend I forsee Kalimdor being up and down all weekend).

I might even be able to convice the wife to let me go on these runs. :D
Treesh,Feb 6 2006, 12:10 PM Wrote:And when do you propose to run these?  Monday, Thursday, and Saturday evenings are out.  Probably most of the weekday runs are out.  Saturday during the day and folks will be raiding for most of that day, Sunday during the day interferes with the MC alt run.  So, weekday evenings.  Lemme guess, they're going to start before I even get home because we've got so many folks who have real schedules and live on the east coast.  So, have fun guys.  Enjoy your new loots.  Enjoy your new experiences.  I'll just be sitting in the corner left behind again.  I really do wish you guys much fun, no sarcasm.

::sniff:: :(

Tell you what, Treesh. I wish we could make sure that you could be there. It's really sad for me. Reallly.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!

I agree that the first week will like be more of a lag fest in AQ20 and AQ40 instances and would prefer to not get into that. However there is supposed to be some sort of zerg of silithid coming out of the hives in all the souther zones of Kalimador. Doing an impromptu get together at say Gagetzan at that time to check out some of those hives may be somewhat entertaining if the server is not too laggy (or constantly crashing).

The Saturday time for doing the runs sounds good to me. The alternate time of Friday evening had also been ok to me, but I know that some we would like to see at these runs would normally have other Friday evening commitments.
Treesh,Feb 6 2006, 10:10 AM Wrote:I'll just be sitting in the corner
I'll join you in the corner. ;) Unless AG/AQ replaces some of our normal evening raiding, I doubt I'll be able to join Lurkers crews for the runs. I can't do days and don't think I'll be able to anytime soon. I also don't see more than 3 or 4 evenings of Lurkers doing raiding. Oh well. Blizz did say there will be solo content behind the gate, right? I was counting on it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was another one of my pipe dreams. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Feb 7 2006, 04:06 AM Wrote:Blizz did say there will be solo content behind the gate, right?  I was counting on it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was another one of my pipe dreams. :(
[right][snapback]101376[/snapback][/right]

Sadly, Blizzard did not say there was any solo content behind the gate, and, so far as Test Realm and other servers have seen, there isn't any.

Lissa, assuming I can convince the wife to give me 4 hours on the weekends to play, I'd like to help out setting this up. :D
Lissa,Feb 6 2006, 02:53 PM Wrote:I'd like to shoot for Saturday mornings as I noted in the post above, around 11 am server time with only going 4 hours max.  This gives people about a 4 hour cool off period before the main raid that night.
[right][snapback]101292[/snapback][/right]

So, Lis? Was that you who posted a Saturday 11 AM Lurker ZG run for this week as the GMoD? I'm happy!!!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Feb 7 2006, 12:35 PM Wrote:So, Lis? Was that you who posted a Saturday 11 AM Lurker ZG run for this week as the GMoD? I'm happy!!!
[right][snapback]101446[/snapback][/right]

Yes it was. Went up yesterday.

Skandranon,Feb 7 2006, 09:28 AM Wrote:Sadly, Blizzard did not say there was any solo content behind the gate, and, so far as Test Realm and other servers have seen, there isn't any.
[right][snapback]101406[/snapback][/right]
Razzle frazzle flinkin blink!!

Oh well, I got some kitty rep for my little lady warrior collecting war effort stuff. I guess that will have to be good enough, for now.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Need a healer? :)

We're a bit short on Lurkers who play healers as their mains, which could be an issue. We'll have to see how it works out.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Feb 9 2006, 12:15 AM Wrote:Need a healer?  :)

We're a bit short on Lurkers who play healers as their mains, which could be an issue.  We'll have to see how it works out.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]101634[/snapback][/right]

For ZG, I'm all for using my Priestess Emjly. However, I want Mio to get the AQ rep. :P
Bolty,Feb 8 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:Need a healer?  :)

We're a bit short on Lurkers who play healers as their mains, which could be an issue.  We'll have to see how it works out.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]101634[/snapback][/right]

I respecced to Restoration on Hykim. And, schedule permitting, we should try to entice Treesh out from her corner. :)

Edit: Player/character correction.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Feb 8 2006, 11: Wrote:I respecced to Restoration on Hykim. And, schedule permitting, we should try to entice Aleri out from her corner. :)[right][snapback]101636[/snapback][/right]
I avoided bringing up the name of Cleoboltra's better-looking twin Dwarf Priest because I'm pretty sure that Treesh would prefer to play Eth and not be pressured into playing a character that she doesn't want to.

There is nothing worse than having a healer alt in your stable that you really don't want to play. I don't have this issue because I *like* playing healers, but I've been playing WoW long enough to see it happening all the time. It would be like asking Tal to play his Priest Krystian (who may not even be in all blues yet) over Shalandrax (the uber DPS epic'ed-out Warrior of Doom). I would never ask that of him because it's not fair. People don't play a character to 60 just to feel harrassed.

Not that I'm saying you're harassing Treesh, Bun. I just don't want Treesh to get nervous about that. :) I want Treesh with us. I don't want Treesh with us but unhappy that she's forced to play a certain way just to be able to come along.

As epic'ed-out as Cleoboltra is, one cannot heal ZG by themselves (unlike UBRS, which I've solo-healed in PUGs). Encounters like Hexxer and Hakkar require 4-6 healers (Druids/Priests/Pallies) to even have a chance.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Feb 9 2006, 06:57 AM Wrote:I avoided bringing up the name of Cleoboltra's better-looking twin Dwarf Priest because I'm pretty sure that Treesh would prefer to play Eth and not be pressured into playing a character that she doesn't want to.
[right][snapback]101658[/snapback][/right]
Either character will be fine for me. It's not the healing I hate to do, otherwise I wouldn't still be playing my Mogo. ;) Just don't tell me to respec Aleri or completely regear her during the run or tell me that I don't know how to heal and it'll be fine. Oh, and no jokes about CTRA Bolty. :P We've seen that I can't tell those are jokes when I'm on Aleri. ;)

Edit: Even after reading this a couple of times before hitting submit, I still manage to miss "here" for "her". Feh.
Intolerant monkey.
Bolty,Feb 9 2006, 07:57 AM Wrote:I avoided bringing up the name of Cleoboltra's better-looking twin Dwarf Priest because I'm pretty sure that Treesh would prefer to play Eth and not be pressured into playing a character that she doesn't want to.
[right][snapback]101658[/snapback][/right]

Perhaps my comment was phrased unnecessarily specifically. I was hoping we could schedule such things so that Treesh could attend - that was the main thrust of my statement. I didn't intend to insist/request/demand/suggest she bring anyone in particular. My bad.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla