A Guide to the Protection Warrior (in PvP)
2. Defense

On occasion, you may be called onto defense. While you’ll probably feel more at home being on offense, you can still play an adequate defensive game.

Important things about being on Defense:

• Camping the flagroom is generally a bad idea. If you aren’t a Night Elf, they will see you and they will mob your ass. The best areas to hang out are halfway up the ramp to the roof (to catch them running down the tunnel) or near your graveyard (to catch them going out the ramp entrance.)

• When you’re attacking the enemy flagcarrier’s party, go for their healer(s). You lack the damage output to down the flagcarrier when they’re getting healed, but you can silence and stun the carrier’s healers, leaving the flagcarrier wide open for your more offensively-oriented allies to rip them a new one.

• If your flagcarrier is coming down the field, support them! Getting out of the enemy’s half of the field relatively unscathed is generally very hard, and there’s nothing worse than your flagcarrier getting wasted at the foot of your side’s tunnel because you weren’t there to defend them. This point cannot be stressed enough.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
B. Arathi Basin
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
C. Alterac Valley
VI. Credits and Acknowledgements

• www.Thottbot.com, for the best (and almost entirely ad-free!) item, skill, and talent database around. This guide (and many others) simply would not be possible without it.

• www.Lurkerlounge.com, for providing me (and many others) with a sort of home on the net, and one that’s relatively safe from the undesirables one so frequently finds in the games we play.

Very nicely done :) I am currently playing an Arms/Fury Warrior and thinking of respeccing to a Protection Warrior. I like the emphasis of your guide and i will find it extremely helpful in gear choices and PvP'ing as a Prot Warrior. I am not well schooled in the art of Warriordom (if that is a word) so i will leave it those who have Warriors as their main class to provide any real criticisms/thoughts. But for a noob Warrior like me, very helpful and thanks.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Woof! what an epic undertaking. I only wish I had the attention span to read it all!