need help on spells...
Does anyone know the maximum damage each spell will do for all the spells in the game as well as what level that spell will be at when it reaches it's maximum casting speed.

-thank's
Offhand, no. I can tell you that Fireball maxes out at ~1482 damage for a 50th level character casting a 20th level Fireball. Fireball is the most damaging player-cast spell in the game. You can work out all the details using Jarulf's Guide if you're really determined. I have to ask though, what do you want this for?
[vL]Kp,Jan 8 2006, Wrote:Offhand, no.  I can tell you that Fireball maxes out at ~1482 damage for a 50th level character casting a 20th level Fireball.  Fireball is the most damaging player-cast spell in the game.  You can work out all the details using Jarulf's Guide if you're really determined.  I have to ask though, what do you want this for?
[right][snapback]98934[/snapback][/right]
So the maximum level for spells is 20? However I think I remember hearing in percy's spellcraft (which only gives formulas and minimum mana cost's) it said something about a level 50 firebolt... And the main reason for this is to know at which point it would be absolutely pointless to level a spell anymore, because I am always spending alot of money over at Adria's.
Maximum spell level is 15 (20 with THC, Naj's Light Plate and AA staff).

The only spell that really don't need to be leveled is MS - no difference between the levels.

(...any other spells? :) I can't remember)
Taishi88,Jan 9 2006, 06:06 AM Wrote:So the maximum level for spells is 20? However I think I remember hearing in percy's spellcraft (which only gives formulas and minimum mana cost's) it said something about a level 50 firebolt...  [right][snapback]98934[/snapback][/right]

1) Im absolutely sure, that Armin knew slvl cap very well, so if he talks about any 50. lvl, I guess he think clvl. As Necrotising(BD) said. Slvl cap in Classic Diablo is slvl 15 without items, and slvl 20 with stuff he described (AA means Arch-Angels staff).

2)Also isnt true, that only percy's spellcraft gives formulas and minimum mana cost's. As [vL]Kp said -> you should look into Jarulfs Guide. Whole chapter 4 is entirely about spells in Diablo/Hellfire. You will find there formulas for min/max DMG of spells too.

Taishi88,Jan 9 2006, 06:06 AM Wrote:And the main reason for this is to know at which point it would be absolutely pointless to level a spell anymore, because I am always spending alot of money over at Adria's.  [right][snapback]98934[/snapback][/right]

Generally, all spells doing DMG (except Bone Spirit) will do more DMG with higher slvl. Althought DMG of some spells isnt aflicted by higher min/max DMG values, but with duration of spell (IE lightning, Fire Wall....)
For closer information look into JG.

If you dont want sponsoring Adrias life in Tristram, you can stop buying books of spells you will not use very often - if ever (Bone Spirit, Bloodstar, Flame Wave, Guardian....) stop buying books of non damaging spells after they reach their maximumum usability and minimum Mana Cost (Manashield after slvl 1, Stone Curse after slvl 9, Teleport after slvl 8.....) or stop buying books at all and start with Enchanted shrines hunting. In this case, for best effectivity, I recomend learn all spells at least to slvl 1.
Sekel,Jan 9 2006, 10:31 AM Wrote:1) Im absolutely sure, that Armin knew slvl cap very well, so if he talks about any 50. lvl, I guess he think clvl. As Necrotising(BD) said. Slvl cap in Classic Diablo is slvl 15 without items, and slvl 20 with stuff he described (AA means Arch-Angels staff).

2)Also isnt true, that only percy's spellcraft gives formulas and minimum mana cost's. As [vL]Kp said -> you should look into Jarulfs Guide. Whole chapter 4 is entirely about spells in Diablo/Hellfire. You will find there formulas for min/max DMG of spells too.
Generally, all spells doing DMG (except Bone Spirit) will do more DMG with higher slvl. Althought DMG of some spells isnt aflicted by higher min/max DMG values, but with duration of spell (IE lightning, Fire Wall....)
For closer information look into JG.

If you dont want sponsoring Adrias life in Tristram, you can stop buying books of spells you will not use very often - if ever (Bone Spirit, Bloodstar, Flame Wave, Guardian....) stop buying books of non damaging spells after they reach their maximumum usability and minimum Mana Cost (Manashield after slvl 1, Stone Curse after slvl 9, Teleport after slvl 8.....) or stop buying books at all and start with Enchanted shrines hunting. In this case, for best effectivity, I recomend learn all spells at least to slvl 1.
[right][snapback]98972[/snapback][/right]
Enchanted shrines... okay got it. But maximum is level 15 without special item's and 20 with them. Weird I remeber someone with a level 26 fireball, his name was tiny-clown his other character is tiffany who has a level 24 fireball, is this a hacked character? Heres a link to his site... http://home.online.no/~warnckew/other-side.../tinyclown.html
Necrotising(BD),Jan 9 2006, 08:25 AM Wrote:Maximum spell level is 15 (20 with THC, Naj's Light Plate and AA staff).

The only spell that really don't need to be leveled is MS - no difference between the levels.

(...any other spells? :) I can't remember)
[right][snapback]98967[/snapback][/right]
What is THC? Haha if you figured out that joke, but no really what does THC stand for is it a unique?
Nevermind, it's the Thinking Cap.
Taishi88,Jan 10 2006, 12:59 AM Wrote:Enchanted shrines... okay got it. But maximum is level 15 without special item's and 20 with them. Weird I remeber someone with a level 26 fireball, his name was tiny-clown his other character is tiffany who has a level 24 fireball, is this a hacked character? Heres a link to his site... http://home.online.no/~warnckew/other-side.../tinyclown.html
[right][snapback]99007[/snapback][/right]

Yes, it is impossible to get spells above level 20. Note that fireball damage is also very influenced by the char level, and it seems the char he uses has very low level so it would not do so mych damage anyway (although if it could have been level 24 it would probably compare to a level 45-50 char fireball at level 20 though).

It also seems some of the pics which show equiped items have single player quest items on which is a bit odd considering it is a multi player charachter (I believe it is Arkains Valor armor and the Undead Crown). I have no idea about the graphics for the amulet or rings though, seems like single player quest items, should not be present in multi player anyway.

Also note that the other char on that pic is clearly a "hcaked" one since it has almost 3300 HP (and it seems to be a sorcerer). Max for a level 50 warrrior is 796 according to my guide. Another has an AC of 500 when it is 349 as a max for a level 50 warrior.

There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Hi, Taishi88,

Taishi88,Jan 10 2006, 12:02 AM Wrote:What is THC? Haha if you figured out that joke, but no really what does THC stand for is it a unique?
Nevermind, it's the Thinking Cap.
[right][snapback]99008[/snapback][/right]

OK, you figured that one out. For future such problems, consider checking the glossary I put together for just this situation:

http://home.att.net/~dsf.glossary/

If you don't want to download and print out Jarulf's Guide, you can visit BigD's on-line version:

http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html

However, many find that it's more convenient to have a printed-out version next to their computer when playing. After all, unless you have >1 computer, you can't easily play the game and check the on-line site at the same time.

Oh, and just in case you haven't found a link to the downloadable JG yet, here:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/content/view.../#Download

Hope that is useful.

Regards,

Dako-ta

"As the area of light increases, so does the circumference of darkness."

- Alfred Einstein

Jarulf,Jan 10 2006, 08:54 AM Wrote:Yes, it is impossible to get spells above level 20. Note that fireball damage is also very influenced by the char level, and it seems the char he uses has very low level so it would not do so mych damage anyway (although if it could have been level 24 it would probably compare to a level 45-50 char fireball at level 20 though).

It also seems some of the pics which show equiped items have single player quest items on which is a bit odd considering it is a multi player charachter (I believe it is Arkains Valor armor and the Undead Crown). I have no idea about the graphics for the amulet or rings though, seems like single player quest items, should not be present in multi player anyway.

Also note that the other char on that pic is clearly a "hcaked" one since it has almost 3300 HP (and it seems to be a sorcerer). Max for a level 50 warrrior is 796 according to my guide. Another has an AC of 500 when it is 349 as a max for a level 50 warrior.
[right][snapback]99037[/snapback][/right]
According to this site the helmet was a lightforge... which I always thought was a club and a weapon that morphs as soon as you start a new game. The rings were emprean bands which you get from the skyrock quest and the amulet was the optic amulet from the halls of the blind quest. http://www.netmoon.com/diablo/helms.htm
Sekel,Jan 9 2006, 06:31 PM Wrote:1) Im absolutely sure, that Armin knew slvl cap very well, so if he talks about any 50. lvl, I guess he think clvl.
[right][snapback]98972[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I hope I did... I was however known to be one TERRIBLE speller... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty positive, though, that the number "50" appears only exactly once in the original version of Percy's guide to spellcraft, and that's in Percy(BNM)'s final level ;)

To Taishi88: I'd strongly suggest you bookmark all the addy's that Dako-ta provided and delete all other Diablo 1 related ones you had so far...

The 2 links you gave here were both full of misinformation, shoddy facts and plain silly cheater's drivel ;) They won't help you a lot.

As a general rule of thumb: *every* level 1 rogue with maxed magic is a hacked character, even if she's not wearing a mace on her head :P If the stats are maxed by a trainer or by reading duped books really doesn't change a thing...

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Taishi88,Jan 12 2006, 04:28 PM Wrote:According to this site the helmet was a lightforge... which I always thought was a club and a weapon that morphs as soon as you start a new game. The rings were emprean bands which you get from the skyrock quest and the amulet was the optic amulet from the halls of the blind quest. http://www.netmoon.com/diablo/helms.htm
[right][snapback]99225[/snapback][/right]

Yes, Lightforge is indeed a mace (and basically impossible to get in multiplayer). The graphics of the helm is that of the Undead Crown (or I can be wrong and just some unused one), the single player quest helm and doesn't exist on any multiplayer item (neither do the armor). However, some very common lightforge helms use the graphics of the Undead Crown which is why it often has that picture. The only way to make non morphing uniuqes of a different type than normal (for example lightforge helm, dreamflange ring and so on) is to use the single player quest items as the base since the game won't recreate them and hemce they are stable. Du to how the items are created (they actually are recreated but won't morph) they also keep their special base item properties, and for the undead crown the life stealing is one such, even if given another unique.

The non morphing quest base items is by the reason why you can find any unique of ANY item type except shield since there are no quest shields.

As you say, the rings/amulets are single player quests items and don't exist in multi player.

The page you link on unique helms seems correct except for the lightforge helm, it didn't exist, not even in beta as it says.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Armin,Jan 12 2006, 09:16 AM Wrote:Oh, I hope I did... I was however known to be one TERRIBLE speller...  :rolleyes:

I'm pretty positive, though, that the number "50" appears only exactly once in the original version of Percy's guide to spellcraft, and that's in Percy(BNM)'s final level ;)

To Taishi88: I'd strongly suggest you bookmark all the addy's that Dako-ta provided and delete all other Diablo 1 related ones you had so far...

The 2 links you gave here were both full of misinformation, shoddy facts and plain silly cheater's drivel  ;)  They won't help you a lot.

As a general rule of thumb: *every* level 1 rogue with maxed magic is a hacked character, even if she's not wearing a mace on her head  :P If the stats are maxed by a trainer or by reading duped books really doesn't change a thing...
[right][snapback]99234[/snapback][/right]
So delete my topics then? How, I'm not quite sure how to do this.
He meant for you to delete your bookmarks for those other sites, so you wouldn't accidentally return to them.