Your senator needs an iPod...
Link

Upon reading a bit about the initiative, not quite as crazy an idea as it first sounds.

From playlistmag.com, "The idea was inspired by the actions of Alaska Senator, Ted Stevens’ daughter. Perhaps figuring that a little music would help calm the feisty octogenarian, she gave him a 5G iPod. His experience with the iPod prompted him to ask an RIAA representative if the media industry’s proposed broadcast flag would allow him to record content from the radio and put it on his iPod.

One can only guess at the mileage added to the seat of said representative’s trousers as he shifted uncomfortably before replying that the proposed legislation would make this and similar actions impossible."

An interesting take on the generation gap and its effects. I frequently see people bashing the RIAA and governments who allow legislation to be shoved through limiting what users can do with music and movies they purchase, but until now haven't heard anyone take this stance. I suppose fair's fair: can we expect a typical 70-year old senator to have any idea what a broadcast flag is going to mean for a typical 15-year old iPod owner?

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Feb 2 2006, 01:36 PM Wrote:Link

I suppose fair's fair: can we expect a typical 70-year old senator to have any idea what a broadcast flag is going to mean for a typical 15-year old iPod owner?

gekko
[right][snapback]100865[/snapback][/right]
My senator needs a reality check, or someone to pull the board out of her arse. Most senators need a similar stimulus to remind them just who the hell they are supposed to be serving: hint, it ain't their party, it is their people. :wacko:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete