Demonology Exploit
Warlock,Feb 11 2006, 11:13 PM Wrote:OMG overpowered troll priest racials!

:D :D :D

Yup, buff should go away when the pets gets ressed.
[right][snapback]101834[/snapback][/right]

I have played Blizzard games since warcraft II......
They LOVE to create "creative use of game mechanics."
All their games have "creative use of game mechanics."
It is one of the things that make their games fun.
Can you think of one of their titles without "creative use of game mechanics." ?

So yup maybe buff should stay if pet gets Ressed......
lol
And you can be sure that if it becomes Grossly overpowered Blizzard will fix it.
But you can be sure blizzard leaves tricks to be plain overpowered.
Think witchwild bow in LOD, a little unique bow commonly found waiting to tricked into overpower...lol
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
Just heard about a similar exploit but haven't had a chance to try it out: pets with a Pally's Blessing of Salvation won't die from being sacrificed, but you still get the buff.
RTM,Feb 13 2006, 11:40 AM Wrote:Just heard about a similar exploit but haven't had a chance to try it out: pets with a Pally's Blessing of Salvation won't die from being sacrificed, but you still get the buff.
[right][snapback]101915[/snapback][/right]

Sure that's Salvation and not Sanctuary?
Tuftears,Feb 13 2006, 02:59 PM Wrote:Sure that's Salvation and not Sanctuary?
[right][snapback]101920[/snapback][/right]

Or Sacrifice (shares the damage). I could see bugs with with both Sanctuary and Sacrifice. Salvation though I do agree would be a very very odd bug. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Tuftears,Feb 13 2006, 03:59 PM Wrote:Sure that's Salvation and not Sanctuary?
[right][snapback]101920[/snapback][/right]

Nope. :) I'm not DS specced at the moment so I can't try it out, but I'm tempted to do so before the next raid just to see what all the fuss is about.
RTM,Feb 15 2006, 05:36 AM Wrote:Nope. :) I'm not DS specced at the moment so I can't try it out, but I'm tempted to do so before the next raid just to see what all the fuss is about.
[right][snapback]102004[/snapback][/right]

I'm DS specced. I haven't tried Sanctuary, but Blessing of Sacrifice works - the pet survives with a few hitpoints. I suspect BoProtection and BoSanctuary also work.

Which is an reagent free method that isn't lag senstitive. Still feels like an exploit to me.
Zarathustra,Feb 1 2006, 10:16 PM Wrote:If Blizzard intended these buffs to be active as a tradeoff for SACRIFICING the use of a minion, it most certainly is.

What of this "trick" doesn't say exploit to you?
[right][snapback]100808[/snapback][/right]
I believe it is not an exploit because a CM said it was not an exploit. This is old news, the exploit was discovered probably... 5 months ago.

Edit: Realized snappy tone. I was in a hurry. Sorry, I love you! :)
The error occurred on line -1.