Weather Effects in WoW Patch 1.10
According to "Caydiem" there are weather effects planned for the upcoming WoW patch 1.10.

Forum thread

Beta Image Examples

The effects will be of the cosmetic type, meaning that they support the atmosphere without having a negative effect on the graphics performance.

I hope that they will finally come this time because they have already been planned for patch 1.9 ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Jan 31 2006, 01:54 AM Wrote:According to "Caydiem" there are weather effects planned for the upcoming WoW patch 1.10.

Forum thread

Beta Image Examples

The effects will be of the cosmetic type, meaning that they support the atmosphere without having a negative effect on the graphics performance.

I hope that they will finally come this time because they have already been planned for patch 1.9 ;)
[right][snapback]100593[/snapback][/right]

So long as there's an option to turn them off, it's fine by me.

I get enough fricken rain living in the Pacific Northwest.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Jan 31 2006, 11:31 AM Wrote:I get enough fricken rain living in the Pacific Northwest.
[right][snapback]100596[/snapback][/right]
It never rains in California :P

The 1.10 weather effects as video clips:

WOW Patch 1.1 Snow + Rain Trailers
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I've been waiting for this since release. Definitely gets the golden Z of approval.
See you in Town,
-Z
nobbie,Jan 31 2006, 05:07 AM Wrote:It never rains in California :P
[right][snapback]100604[/snapback][/right]
Funny you should say that since it rained on me yesturday. :P
nobbie,Feb 1 2006, 12:07 AM Wrote:It never rains in California :P

The 1.10 weather effects as video clips:

WOW Patch 1.1 Snow + Rain Trailers
[right][snapback]100604[/snapback][/right]
Very nice. :D Reminds me a little of Morrowind, where one of my favorite passtimes was sitting and looking at the sky. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Jan 31 2006, 05:29 PM Wrote:Very nice. :D Reminds me a little of Morrowind, where one of my favorite passtimes was sitting and looking at the sky. :)
[right][snapback]100684[/snapback][/right]
Did you get the Bloodmoon expansion? The snowing really enhanced things for me. If it was snowing just a little bit, I'd keep questing. If it started snowing really hard, my character would find a handy cave/house/whatever and wait it out since the really hard snowfalls made it more difficult for me to see. Really improved the immersion factor for me. Much love to weather done right. :D
Intolerant monkey.