Sony Playstation Portable
Does anyone else have this little device?

....it's like freakin' Gameboy on CRACK.

Waiting in line, in class, or my favorite, in the car, this bad boy can be played ANYWHERE.

So, if anyone does have it, I was wondering if there are any games they would recommend. So far, I have Coded Arms, WWE Smackdown, Grand Theft Auto, The Legend of Heroes, Madden 06, Untold Legends, Virtua Tennis, and SOCOM.

I was looking at a football (soccer) game, and am deciding between FIFA 06 and Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven). Possibly Monster Hunter when it comes out. Other than that, any ideas?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
It might not be what you're looking for, but I think the PSP is really good for puzzle games. I'd personally rather wait to play more involved games until I was home and had more time and a bigger screen.

Mercury and Lumines are pretty good puzzle games for the PSP.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Griselda,Jan 30 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:It might not be what you're looking for, but I think the PSP is really good for puzzle games.  I'd personally rather wait to play more involved games until I was home and had more time and a bigger screen.

Mercury and Lumines are pretty good puzzle games for the PSP.
[right][snapback]100582[/snapback][/right]

I was actually looking for Lumines, but none of the stores around here sell it, new or used. I think I've played it once, but can't remember too much about it.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
What I don't understand is, are enough people really buying movies for their PSP to support every single movie being released on PSP format? Portable DVD players are pretty cheap now (~100$) and you don't have to buy movies in a new format to be able to play them.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Jan 31 2006, 10:24 AM Wrote:What I don't understand is, are enough people really buying movies for their PSP to support every single movie being released on PSP format? Portable DVD players are pretty cheap now (~100$) and you don't have to buy movies in a new format to be able to play them.
[right][snapback]100627[/snapback][/right]
IMO Sony tripped and fell on that one. Misjudged the price point on the PSP movies. We are not buying any for my son's PSP.

His games are: Starwars Battlefront II. Wipeout Pure. Untold Legends (I forget which one).

Our next on the list is Lumine if he does well this six weeks in school. ;)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
It seems gold collar "kids" will buy anything if you charge enough.
Ghostiger,Jan 31 2006, 06:03 PM Wrote:It seems gold collar "kids" will buy anything if you charge enough.
[right][snapback]100635[/snapback][/right]
Sounds like an awfully convoluted game-title. Almost as bad as "Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie" (Don't buy this for the PSP though; gamespot gave it a 6,2.)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Ghostiger,Jan 31 2006, 12:03 PM Wrote:It seems gold collar "kids" will buy anything if you charge enough.
[right][snapback]100635[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for that phrase, Ghostiger, I had not heard that term before. :)

Poking around I found two different "gold collar" terms that might fit your comment. One would refer to kids of gold collar professionals, hence gold collar kids. (China Daily remarks on Chinese Gold Collar class). The other lines up with the Synovate Marketing researchers' much covered assessment of "kids" in the ages 18-25 (youth?) who worked in various jobs, lived at home, and spent "on average $ 729 per month in discretionary income" on themselves.

I am guessing you meant the latter. :shuriken:
Some elaboration and wit from John Egan.
'Gold collar'
*More likely Hispanic and black men and women
*Work in service industry jobs including retail sales, food industry, security
*Often recent immigrants or children of immigrants
*Determine status through designer fashions, electronics and trendy purchases
*Often live with parents rather than independently
**Spend an average of $729/month on themselves on discretionary items and few save for the future**
'Blue collar'
*Primarily white male
*Work in industries with unions, such as plumber, electrician or carpenter
*Reject status consumption
*Stick to same friends, social pastimes and hangouts
*Value settling down and having a family
**Spend an average of $609/ month on themselves on discretionary items (students spend $287/month)**
--Source: Synovate --

Egan notes that
Quote:Pretty soon, we might have other categories of workers in this country:

"Green collar."
They value cash above all else and are green with envy when it comes to millionaires and celebrities.
"True-blue collar."
They're particularly blue about their lack of money and social status.
"Red collar."
Not to be confused with rednecks, these workers are red with anger over their long hours and low pay.
"Silver collar."
These are workers of retirement age -- the silver-haired crowd, if you will.
"Starched white collar."
Clergy.
"No collar."
Folks in the advertising business and other creative industries who take a laid-back approach to their work apparel. In other words, they wear collarless shirts.
"Ring around the collar."
You've been working too hard to pick up your dry cleaning.
*Checks hair color.* :blink: Am I a silver collar worker? :blink:

Thanks again, it made for some interesting reading.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete