Lunar Festival
So, who here has been doing the Elder easter egg hunt? My favorite part so far has been doing the Alliance ones as a Horde player, as captured in this STSI:

Also, could you tell the tree to stop hitting me?
MongoJerry,Jan 29 2006, 04:00 AM Wrote:So, who here has been doing the Elder easter egg hunt?  My favorite part so far has been doing the Alliance ones as a Horde player, as captured in this STSI:

Also, could you tell the tree to stop hitting me?
[right][snapback]100428[/snapback][/right]

I've been doing the quests but I'm leaving the ones that require entering the Horde cities for last. Two thousand or so rep will bring me a lot closer to getting a kitty mount for Sharanna :D
My level 60 shaman on Terenas has been doing the most hunting so far. She's gotten most of the ones on Kalimdor now (including the ones in Astranaar, Auberdine, Darnassus and Dolanaar). It really helps speed up the process to ask each elder about the other elders. Once you've spoken with an elder, his or her name no longer shows up in the list to ask about. The only Alliance one she's died getting to was the one in Darnassus. There were a couple of folks who got the hint and didn't kill me when I put on one of the fancy dresses, targetted the elder and /pointed. One mage and about four hunters didn't care. I really have to laugh though at how many of those hunters dismiss their cats and then shadowmelded right after killing me. Does that really fool most shaman now? "Oh, I just got blasted by this night elf hunter, but he vanished in the blink of an eye. Let me self-res right now."
Intolerant monkey.
My priest is up to 14 coins, of the enemy capital cities I only have orgrimmar. The orgrimmar elder is in a surprisingly safe spot, i could ditch the town guards without any tricks besides running them to their leash lengths (I somehow managed to aggro the anti-stealth guard without getting netted, it must have a short range?) My server seems to have pretty hostile alliance-horde relations but it's PvE and most people are afraid to flag even in their own capitals. The only trouble I got was a hunter conc-ing me on the way out, If i'd been thinking straight I could have got him but I took too long to realize it wasn't an daze from an npc guard so I kept running and got killed, feh.

You can talk to the AQ war effort ambassador for your side in the enemy capital, but he doesn't have anything different to say to you than to the horde.

Does anyone know when they fixed the goblin so you can't get the gnomeregan end-boss quest "rig wars" from orgrimmar so as to do it twice?

-- frink

Treesh,Jan 29 2006, 07:24 AM Wrote:I really have to laugh though at how many of those hunters dismiss their cats and then shadowmelded right after killing me.  Does that really fool most shaman now?  "Oh, I just got blasted by this night elf hunter, but he vanished in the blink of an eye.  Let me self-res right now."
[right][snapback]100440[/snapback][/right]

*cough* works more often than you might think. I guess most people aren't up to speed on the ability of classes/races other than their own. Maybe back when I had pants and a dagger instead of robes and an anethema they could have mistaken me for a rogue and thought I had run off...
Elune stones - bugged or useless?
oldmandennis,Jan 30 2006, 01:14 AM Wrote:Elune stones - bugged or useless?

Very pretty.
oldmandennis,Jan 30 2006, 03:14 AM Wrote:Elune stones - bugged or useless?
[right][snapback]100488[/snapback][/right]

Bah, we had Michael Jackson dancing before Magmadar :P
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jan 30 2006, 05:24 AM Wrote:Bah, we had Michael Jackson dancing before Magmadar :P
[right][snapback]100498[/snapback][/right]

And I have the screenshot... :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jan 30 2006, 11:31 AM Wrote:And I have the screenshot...  :P
[right][snapback]100527[/snapback][/right]

STSI submission please!
Another lunar festival change: The bruisers in goblin towns are all drunk, and do not appear to be responding to pvp attacks in town.

-- frink
Professor Frink,Jan 30 2006, 01:32 PM Wrote:Another lunar festival change:  The bruisers in goblin towns are all drunk, and do not appear to be responding to pvp attacks in town.

Yep! They did this on New Year's Day (Western version -- January 1st), too. It's a total free-for-all there in Booty Bay. It's a good thing, too, since having all the guards be drunk made it much easier for Neriad, who's Hated with Booty Bay, to get to the elder on Booty Bay's wharf.
If you're having trouble finding all the elders, here's a post on the Blizzard forums that gives a detailed list of all 50 elders for you:

List of all 50 elders

Note: There is one elder whose position is incorrectly given by the other elders. If you listen to the elders, you'll be given directions that say that two different elders are at Light's Hope Chapel. In fact, only one elder is there, and the other elder is in the Western Plaguelands, just north of the road near the entrance to the Eastern Plaguelands.

To me, the fun is going around to the different elders and finding out where the others are directly from them (except for the misleading one) like a big treasure hunt. I have 49 of the coins now and just have to get the Stratholme one. I've been able to get all the other 49 coins solo, but I don't think that'll be possible with the Stratholme one, so I'll have to make sure to get in a Stratholme group over the next couple of days.
Rumor has it there is an epic trinket for getting all 50. Anybody know if it's true or what the stats are??
I haven't seen an epic trinkets on Tuftears, who has all 50 coins.

Edit: Well, that's not completely true, he does have an epic Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom trinket... :whistling:
oldmandennis,Jan 31 2006, 12:16 PM Wrote:Rumor has it there is an epic trinket for getting all 50.  Anybody know if it's true or what the stats are??

It was a photoshopped fake post, and a not very good one at that. Some of the items were ridiculous like "50% chance to resist fear" and "5% increase in healing spells for every debuff on the target." Yeah, right. Nah, the coins are purely for fun and reputation. Nothing more.
That the "epic trinkets" are fake has been confirmed by a Blizzard blue post:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post6895922