Superbowl X-somethingsomething
The Question.

Steelers or Seahawks?

Your answers? (Analyses, if need be.)

Me, personally? If Pittsburgh can stop Shaun Alexander, they will win. And they will win by more than 2 touchdowns. If Polamalu (Heck Yeah!) can rally the Steeler defense, then THEBUS can chug it into the endzone with Roelisthburger (I still have no idea how to spell that name) and Ward providing aerial support.

However...

If the recently-revitalized Seattle defense can pressure Roelithvfalreajljk into making some mistakes, they may be able to capitalize and hope Alexander can pull them through. Their key is to rattle Roelistnfkal;gnar in his first-ever Superbowl appearance.

Although I'm still bitter about Cincy's loss. Man, that sucked.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Premezilla,Jan 26 2006, 02:04 AM Wrote:The Question.

Steelers or Seahawks?

Your answers?  (Analyses, if need be.)

[right][snapback]100183[/snapback][/right]
Steelers, by less than 7.

Which defense will get inside the head of the opposing quarterback best?

My bet is Steelers.

This leads to bad decisions/turnovers, or sacks and a field position advantage.

Both teams have reasonably balanced offenses, though I give the Steelers the nod on the passing game, the Hawks a nod for the Offensive line.

Steelers win the turnover battle, either 2-1 or 3-2.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Steelers by 10. I'd give reasoning behind this, but I'm lazy, and at work.

Maybe because I like Bettis and I told my father in law that Roethlisberger was the best QB in his draft year...
I'll go with Seahawks (I'm in the neighborhood and they are a family favorite.) but if both teams show up with their heads in the game it will be too close to call. The game that mattered for me was the NFC Championship. The Superbowl is more about the commercials anyway. :P

I just hope it's a close game with lots of hootin an hollerin.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
A lot of people round here mighty pissed that the Seahawks beat the Panthers.

Folk here are just plain furious.

It's funny :lol:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jan 26 2006, 10:49 AM Wrote:A lot of people round here mighty pissed that the Seahawks beat the Panthers.

Folk here are just plain furious.

It's funny  :lol:
[right][snapback]100220[/snapback][/right]
Who will you be rooting for?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 26 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:Who will you be rooting for?

Occhi
[right][snapback]100235[/snapback][/right]

Hell, I probably wont even be watching it.

Who wants to see a bunch of grown men in tights running around playing grab-ass?
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
:whistling:
Doc,Jan 26 2006, 01:30 PM Wrote:Hell, I probably wont even be watching it.

Who wants to see a bunch of grown men in tights running around playing grab-ass?
[right][snapback]100238[/snapback][/right]
Tens of millions of people, every year, want to watch that display of smashing into one another. Many of them are Americans, some are not.

So, who are you rooting for? And this time, no "answering a question with a question," okay? :whistling:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
When is the Super Bowl? Is it this weekend?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Occhidiangela,Jan 26 2006, 02:34 PM Wrote::whistling:
Tens of millions of people, every year, want to watch that display of smashing into one another.  Many of them are Americans, some are not.

So, who are you rooting for?  And this time, no "answering a question with a question," okay? :whistling:

Occhi
[right][snapback]100240[/snapback][/right]

I hadn't really thought about it.

Hrm.

Well, Seahawks then. If only to piss off the lantern jawed rednecks that live around here.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Rhydderch Hael,Jan 26 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:When is the Super Bowl? Is it this weekend?
[right][snapback]100243[/snapback][/right]

Next weekend
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Steelers. Even though Bettis went to Notre Dame.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
I actually think the Steelers have a pretty solid line, with Faneca anchoring whichever side he's on.

I think it'll either be 24-21 or 17-14 Steelers.

It all goes back to the defense, because both teams have shown they can perform adequately enough under pressure.

The only question is, HOW adequately under HOW MUCH pressure.

EDIT

And on a side note, has anyone else realized that the Pro Bowl has become a sort of popularity contest, with the big-name players coming to Hawaii and the unknown players who have played well during the season not getting a shot?

Like Richard Seymour. Sorry Pats fans, but he was out during the season, and other players (like Adewale Ogunleye) have excelled, boosting their respective teams in major ways.

Other players I'd like to see go?

Sean Taylor. Washington Safety.
Odell Thurman, Cincy Linebacker, whose solid play helped Cincy throughout the year.
Ed Reed. Ravens Safety. Nuff sed.
Carnell Williams. Tampa Bay Running Back. Named Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Anyone else I didn'te mention?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Doc,Jan 26 2006, 03:30 PM Wrote:Who wants to see a bunch of grown men in tights running around playing grab-ass?
[right][snapback]100238[/snapback][/right]

My wife, andmy sister-in-law. They like to watch the camera shots from the endzone. That and the commercials. Me, I like the food at the parties.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Premezilla,Jan 27 2006, 12:38 AM Wrote:And on a side note, has anyone else realized that the Pro Bowl has become a sort of popularity contestOther players I'd like to see go.

Sean Taylor.  Washington Safety.
[right][snapback]100307[/snapback][/right]
He may go, to jail.

Assault charge

Not the guy who needs to represent the NFL at the Pro Bowl, IMHO.

PS: It seems ludicrous to me that someone could get 46 years in jail for brandishing a weapon at someone. 46 years for a threat and a fist fight? Sorry, he may be a punk, but the sentencing guidelines are beyond sane.

Who is making money off of people being in prison forever?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jan 30 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:He may go, to jail. 

Assault charge

Not the guy who needs to represent the NFL at the Pro Bowl, IMHO.

PS:  It seems ludicrous to me that someone could get 46 years in jail for brandishing a weapon at someone.  46 years for a threat and a fist fight?  Sorry, he may be a punk, but the sentencing guidelines are beyond sane.

Occhi
[right][snapback]100513[/snapback][/right]

I'm a big fan of many players from "The U" but this guy gets under my skin. He's kind of a dumb***.

Note: This would have been a longer, more thoughtout post, but I'm at work.
Occhidiangela,Jan 30 2006, 12:57 PM Wrote:PS:  It seems ludicrous to me that someone could get 46 years in jail for brandishing a weapon at someone.  46 years for a threat and a fist fight?  Sorry, he may be a punk, but the sentencing guidelines are beyond sane.

Occhi
[right][snapback]100513[/snapback][/right]

From what I've heard, (Sportstalk radio in DC is not th best source of info for national issues, but local news is not too bad) the 46 years is the potential maximum sentance if convicted of three counts of (felony) assult with a deadly weapon (one count per person who had a gun allegedly waved at them). Some of the local folks seem to belive that the other charges that were recently added to the case make it more likely a plea deal will get done. Peading guilty to the felony charges carry a 3 year manditory minimum sentance each, where as the non-felony crimes he's been charged with letely do not carry minimum jail time.

Who makes money off of people in prison forever? No-one unless they are used for cheap labor, but I don't really want to drive this thread any further off course. Didn't we have a thread about the US penal system not that long ago?

And now for something completely different...

One offshore line has the Steelers by 3.5. I say put your money on Seattle.*

*For entertainment purposes only, past performance is not necesarily indicative of future results. Statement does not constitute an invitation to purchase or sell securities. Always think carefully before investing.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ok. I take back Sean Taylor and put in Lance Briggs. (Linebacker for Chicago Bears.)

I think prison changes a person. Look at Jamal Lewis (Ravens running back). Bright future, went to prison, and now he stinks to high heaven.

Plus, what's up with Ricky Williams' beard? :blink:

Well, football is not nearly as bad as the basketball All-Star process. Honestly, the basketball All-Star game loses any modicum of credibility when Vince Carter gets selected 6 times pooh-poohing around Toronto and being injured all the time. He's actually playing relatively respectably for the Nets this year though, which is amazing. He has at least 4 undeserved years of All-Stardome under his belt however. Plus the Pistons get dissed every year when it comes down to All-Star weekend time.

I better see Ben, 'Sheed, Tayshaun, Chauncey, and Rip all in Houston this year.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Jan 30 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:I better see Ben, 'Sheed, Tayshaun, Chauncey, and Rip all in Houston this year.
[right][snapback]100576[/snapback][/right]

Well, *I* voted for all of them. :)
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete