Terenas 1/27
Gnollguy,Jan 24 2006, 04:18 PM Wrote:Oh priest advice.  And yeah my biggest priest is only L29 (and he is shadow right now my biggest holy priest is only L21) but I have main healed with a paladin and with a druid a fair bit.

On your talents.  I think you should get Improved Prayer of Healing.  With that talent if you hit two people with it, it becomes your most HP/s and HP/MP spell in most cases.  As a paladin who no AoE heal and a druid with more a less a gimmick for AoE healing I really wish I had a good AoE heal.  :)  If you are that deep in Holy I think it a mistake to not get it.

Sounded like excellent reasoning, and I was leaning that way already. So I spent those points.

Quote:That gives you 6 points left to play with.

I personally like spirit of redemption though other priests will say you messed up if you died and the small amount of healing it will do won't save the group anyway.

I don't have a problem with you not having subtlety.  I see that as a PuG healing talent or a talent for a healer that won't let others heal on raids. 

The main point of my respec was to get rid of subtlety (and Holy Fire, which although I liked seemed pointless beyond looks). I also wanted to try holy spec and inspiration, as it seems my problems now are rarely capacity, but I'm often wanting more punch.

I played a bit last night, and it's weird not having mind flay any more. Smite goes back on my bar. I'm actually a bit upset that I spent points in Improved Flash Heal after last night. There is a very large gap between 70% and 100%. Since I should get a free respec with 1.10 I'll live with it for now, but would rather spend 3 points to get focused casting.

I still have my 6 points (5 if we pretend I took focused casting). Spirit of redemption seems like a decent 1 pointer since I'm already there -- helps transition to backup healer when I screw up. I'm not too keen on meditation given what I'm currently doing, but it might be the most useful thing still in reach.
Don't worry Treesh...speaking from experience, I know that Bonemage, Vor-lord, and myself have the domineering type personalities to be the ram-rods behind any guild alliance, should one happen. We want to keep you and GG nearby for advice, and suggestions, but not to take a leading role in the orgainization of it. We understand the toll it has taken on both of you, and we're not interested in bringing you into other similar experiences. I also would say that if/when the time comes to lead a raid into ZG or anywhere else, Durambar will most likely lead that raid. The rest of us will be able to come along and enjoy the ride as best we can. We'll let our main tank carry the brunt of the pressure. :D

On a slightly different note....(not really directed at anyone in particular, despite the fact I began this post responding to Treesh) I have seen that most of us Terenas lurkers have expressed a desire to only ally ourselves with similar type people, both in playing style, and maturity level. One of the things I like about our group, that you don't see with many others, is the usual lack of profanity on TeamSpeak. I got on Vent in a big AV raid the other day, and there was more cursing than strategy. I realize we can't control everything with regards to who might come and raid with us, but I know I'm not interested in filling up the raid with people who are no better than a PUG we could pick up by spamming ORgrimmar, in either play skill, or TS etiquete. :P As I mentioned yesterday, the talks with LS are very, very early, and since I couldn't log on last night to Terenas, I didn't have a chance to speak to them again. I will try and keep everyone appraised on the progress, and where we stand. Alram and their guild leader need to get together, and probably their guild leader should talk to either me, or Bonemage, or Vor-Lord, or all three of us. I think we need to figure out how we'll approach loot issues, while we find out how they think everyone should approach the loot. I want things to be fair and equitable for both guilds. Maybe even take turns on which guild leads the raid. One of the things I will insist on is that there is good communication. I believe much drama can be avoided if the lines of communication are open and humming. That way, both guilds will have a good feel of what to expect going into anything. That helps avoid surprises, which by themselves cause stress and drama. I am not naive enough to think we can raid completely drama-less, but I expect us to be able to do what it takes to avoid as much as we can. After all, as enjoyable as this game is, and as addicted to it as I am, it really is, in basic terms...nothing more than a colossal waste of time. :lol: I hope to keep it as fun as possible. So let the time-wasting begin!! WOOT! :w00t:

Just my 3 cents worth..if it's worth even that much.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Never mentioned that I'll be there.

I'll be there.

I really want to get 10 so we can have 2 - 5man groups, I haven't tanked a 5 man since I respec-ed. On one hand that justifies my respec (and in a few of the fights we have done, the MS debuff was very, very nice), but on the other I'd like to tank some just to do it with my current spec, and 2 5 man groups is my only chance, since it makes zero sense to switch roles with Durambar when in a raid or both in the same 5-man.

If we get 9, maybe a 4-man group into BRD + a 5 man somewhere else. Within the next couple weeks I will really need to smelt Dark Iron Ore.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Jan 26 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:Never mentioned that I'll be there.

I'll be there.

I really want to get 10 so we can have 2 - 5man groups, I haven't tanked a 5 man since I respec-ed.&nbsp; On one hand that justifies my respec (and in a&nbsp; few of the fights we have done, the MS debuff was very, very nice), but on the other I'd like to tank some just to do it with my current spec, and 2 5 man groups is my only chance, since it makes zero sense to switch roles with Durambar when in a raid or both in the same 5-man.

If we get 9, maybe a 4-man group into BRD + a 5 man somewhere else.&nbsp; Within the next couple weeks I will really need to smelt Dark Iron Ore.
[right][snapback]100252[/snapback][/right]

So far we have 10 people coming (if we can take swirly's note as an indication he'll be coming :D ). However, two of them are late/questionable.

I've been thinking LBRS with Mogo/Marn/Durambar/Octord/swirly since they all have expressed interest in going (and we still don't have a key). Then start a 5 man somewhere else when people show for the rest of us. That leaves people out, and really isn't good for Alram since he should be part of an early group. I guess if he wants to go to LBRS on a 5 man again he could replace swirly -- is there any reason for Rogoll to go to LBRS again?

That would leave Conc/swirlytracks/Necrali waiting until Fazuul and Yuri show (and you and I are again left). They are both likely to show before a 5-Man of LBRS takes place. Those left over could do whatever until then -- I know Xarhud has some things he needs help with. Agh and swirlywar need many of those same things though.

Ideally we could get our 10 and do a Strat Live or Scholo 5 man starting on time. Necrali and Conc in particular could benefit from a Live Strat 5 man.
I'm still not sure what my schedule will be tomorrow night. We'll also have a couple of house guests, and I believe one will be sleeping in my studio, which will likely cause me problems if I want to stay up all night gaming (which I do). :P However, I'm not certain yet what all will transpire, so I'm still hoping to make an appearance around 10 pm server time. I may just move their bed out to the living room so I can have my studio to myself. :lol:
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
vor_lord,Jan 26 2006, 02:15 PM Wrote:Ideally we could get our 10 and do a Strat Live or Scholo 5 man starting on time.&nbsp; Necrali and Conc in particular could benefit from a Live Strat 5 man.
[right][snapback]100259[/snapback][/right]

Maybe a couple of officers from Lost Souls can come with us on a 5 man? Maybe Alram could mention this at the 5:00 chat.
vor_lord,Jan 26 2006, 04:15 PM Wrote:So far we have 10 people coming (if we can take swirly's note as an indication he'll be coming&nbsp; :D ).&nbsp; However, two of them are late/questionable.

I've been thinking LBRS with Mogo/Marn/Durambar/Octord/swirly since they all have expressed interest in going (and we still don't have a key).&nbsp; Then start a 5 man somewhere else when people show for the rest of us.&nbsp; That leaves people out, and really isn't good for Alram since he should be part of an early group.&nbsp; I guess if he wants to go to LBRS on a 5 man again he could replace swirly -- is there any reason for Rogoll to go to LBRS again?

That would leave Conc/swirlytracks/Necrali waiting until Fazuul and Yuri show (and you and I are again left).&nbsp; They are both likely to show before a 5-Man of LBRS takes place.&nbsp; Those left over could do whatever until then -- I know Xarhud has some things he needs help with.&nbsp; Agh and swirlywar need many of those same things though.

Ideally we could get our 10 and do a Strat Live or Scholo 5 man starting on time.&nbsp; Necrali and Conc in particular could benefit from a Live Strat 5 man.
[right][snapback]100259[/snapback][/right]
Rogoll didn't finish all the quests in LBRS. Strat Live and Scholo would be priorities for his gear. Obtaining another UBRS key (maybe 2) is a priority for the guild though, and I would be most happy to help.

As I mentioned before I would rather not do Agh's quests on Friday night if possible.

Quote:Maybe a couple of officers from Lost Souls can come with us on a 5 man? Maybe Alram could mention this at the 5:00 chat.
This is a fine idea if it works for them. However, I would like very clear info on who would go along, how many slots we would need to fill and where we would go before broaching the matter. It looks like we would have 2 slots. So maybe:

group 1: Mogo/Marn/Durambar/Octord/Swirly--LBRS
group 2: Rogoll/Conc/Necrali/Lost Souls/Lost Souls--Strat Live or Scholo

Obviously this would depend on whether they have someone available, what classes those people are and where they would want to go. Potentially 1 or 2 from the LBRS group could move to the Strat Live or Scholo group if necessary. Examining preferences that could give us:

Either
group 1: Lost Souls/Lost Souls/Durambar/Octord/Swirly--LBRS
group 2: Rogoll/Conc/Necrali/Mogo/Marn--Strat Live or Scholo

Or
group 1: Lost Souls/Durambar/Swirly/Mogo/Marn--LBRS
group 2: Lost Souls/Rogoll/Conc/Necrali/Octord--Strat Live or Scholo

Did I get that all correctly?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I think preference is to the first of the scenarios, but the others work okay too.

The 2nd gives up on Mogo potentially getting a key piece from Omokk, but that may be an okay trade-off for finding new friends.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Jan 26 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:The 2nd gives up on Mogo potentially getting a key piece from Omokk, but that may be an okay trade-off for finding new friends.
[right][snapback]100282[/snapback][/right]
Omokk is one of the quickest bosses to get to anyway so if the choice is between me getting a key and the guild getting new friends, I vote for new friends. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Alram,Jan 26 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:group 1: Mogo/Marn/Durambar/Octord/Swirly--LBRS
group 2: Rogoll/Conc/Necrali/Lost Souls/Lost Souls--Strat Live or Scholo
[right][snapback]100279[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure that group could get Urok in a 5 man. We didn't have a warrior last time which hurt a lot (as did me starting it too soon) but I feel that is an event that screams for AoE healing as the spawning orges will often do incidental damage to people before aggro can be locked. But then again we would have 3 pets. That would be up to Treesh though. That group does have the DPS and the tanking, I really think the lack of a warrior and me starting too early last time was our downfall. I know that Urok is still in the quest logs and is also the source of a piece of the shaman set as well.

Alram,Jan 26 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:Either
group 1: Lost Souls/Lost Souls/Durambar/Octord/Swirly--LBRS
group 2: Rogoll/Conc/Necrali/Mogo/Marn--Strat Live or Scholo

As mentioned Treesh loses a chance at a piece for a key but she doesn't seem to mind too much so that is cool. Marn would love to get the sholo quest series going as well.

Alram,Jan 26 2006, 08:49 PM Wrote:Or
group 1: Lost Souls/Durambar/Swirly/Mogo/Marn--LBRS
group 2: Lost Souls/Rogoll/Conc/Necrali/Octord--Strat Live or Scholo

This could also work very well too though I don't know how comfortable the two lost souls people would be with just one in each group.

And of course they may end up with 4 or 3 or 6 or 8 or whatever of their own people that might want to mix with us. So maybe we end up with 3 five mans if they have 7 people. :) Then after the 3 5 mans are done we take 15 into UBRS. :)

Who knows.

I'm excited though and I hope they are too. I'm hoping this works outs even though we are still in early stages.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.