Possible Upcoming Big Announcement from Blizzard
Quote:EQ1 had several thousand more people per server than WoW does.

You fail to mention the number of servers WoW has compared to EQ. And how does that affect the raiding population? EQ1 had no instances until the 4th expansion which wasn;t even instancing in WoW terms.

Quote:There's no real reason to be as fast a leveling game as WoW is. They've got tons of underused content because people essentially could visit a place one time and never come back. Then, we hit the endgame and get to run the same instances for another year. Slow down the leveling game. It doesn't have to be EQ slow, but slower than it is.

I totally agree. However, if there isn't content to back up the slow leveling I don't agree. I don't want to quest a zone out and then have to grind boars for another 2 weeks to move onto the next zone. That's not enjoying the game, that's being delayed to give devs more time to make new content.

Quote:You're underestimating the lure of a new game, especially when there's alot of people disatisfied with the treatment endgame play has received in WoW, don't care for the stylistic art, or are just kicking around in WoW until Vanguard arrives. Warcraft had timing on it's side in addition to being a good game in itself- EQ was finally grinding to a halt and it's successor offerings, for the most part, have been pretty bleh besides WoW.

The majority of people playing WoW are newcomers to the MMO scene or people coming from CoH. In all my travels in Azeroth I knew maybe 15 people that came from EQ and actually enjoyed the game. A friend of mine and about 20 of his EQ friends came to WoW, capped in 2 months and quit in disgust. That seems to be the sentiment from most people that played EQ. WoW is populated with MMO "noobs" (including myself) and therefore, they have nothing to compare WoW to. The WoW expansion pack will be timed for Vanguard, I'm sure of it. I suppose saying Vanguard won't pull people from WoW was a bit strong. I don't think it will pull many from WoW. EQ2 on the other hand ...

Edit: Kinda forgot to finish a sentence :P
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
No youre the bad person.
No youre the bad person.
No youre the bad person.
No......

Why dont you just leave me alone.
Ghostiger,Jan 24 2006, 10:57 PM Wrote:No you're the bad person.
No you're the bad person.
No you're the bad person.
No......
Why don't you just leave me alone.
[right][snapback]100074[/snapback][/right]

Just saving Occhi the trouble. :rolleyes:

Whoops, forgot 'don't'
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Jan 24 2006, 06:45 PM Wrote:Hey, in your sig, the download music = communism, I can't help but notice that there is an iMac being displayed.

I wonder if this was intentional, as most Mac users I know have this whole "free thinking free software free open source free free free" mentality going on.

Er, sorry about the threadjack, but your sig got me thinking.
[right][snapback]100061[/snapback][/right]

:P I'm sure it's intentional. I just found the pic on google though, not like I made it.
[Image: blackdog786.png]
Thread closed.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete