Instant Transport
This bug/exploit has been around a long time, but I don't see any mention of it here, so I figure I'll mention it. The properly timed use of snowballs will give you an instant transport to your destination on the griffon or windrider. To make this work, you need a partymember ready to throw a snowball at you. Then, you take the windrider, and in that moment while you're hovering in the air on the windrider before flying off, your partymember throws the snowball at you. Normally, a snowball thrown at you by a party member will knock you down. In this case, it instantly teleports you to your destination. This isn't just a graphical glitch where you have to wait for the server to "really" transport you there. You are in fact at your destination and can kill things, interact with quest givers, mine, pick herbs, etc.

This works with anything that stuns you while you're on the windrider. I understand that people with Brood Affliction: Bronze that periodically stuns you over the course of 10 mins (from Chromaggus in BWL) can also get instantly teleported to their destinations.