Trinket Question
I need your help...

At the moment i am considering what trinket combination to choose for my lvl 60 Nightelf Rogue.

Blackhand's Breadth (2% Crit)

Royal Seal of Eldre Thalas (2% CtH 10 FireResist)

Zandalarian Hero Medallion (+40 dmg over 20 Sec, -2 dmg per Hit)

Hand of Justice (2% Chance to Proc another Hit, 20 AR)

I used to equip Blackhand's Breadth and Hand of Justice. Then i got the Hakki Trinket and switched it for the Hand of Justice.

I really don't know what combination is best for Raids like ZulGurub and MoltenCore...

I'm thinking Zandalarian Hero Medallion and Hand of Justice. Rogues are not my area of expertise, however.
Personally I would go for Blackhands and Hand of justice . For Molten then Blackhands and the Royal seal , 2 birds with one stone , chance to hit and FR :)
Take care
I don't have the math in front of me right now, but I recall a very well illustrated example of how +chance to hit results in a greater dps benefit than +crit, especially on higher level mobs such as raid bosses.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jan 20 2006, 05:09 PM Wrote:I don't have the math in front of me right now, but I recall a very well illustrated example of how +chance to hit results in a greater dps benefit than +crit, especially on higher level mobs such as raid bosses.
[right][snapback]99747[/snapback][/right]

hmm... when i was looking at glancing hits my math told me that crit is better than cth, because crits cannot become glancing hits.

rightnow i think i will go for 2% crit / Hakki Trinket for normal fights, while Ragnaros should be 2% crit / 2 cth + 10Fr...
I'd go with CtH.

Crits may cause more damage per-hit, but you have to hit the target to get a crit in the first place :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jan 23 2006, 06:53 AM Wrote:I'd go with CtH.

Crits may cause more damage per-hit, but you have to hit the target to get a crit in the first place :)
[right][snapback]99891[/snapback][/right]

Actually crits always hits, crits and misses are calculated at the same time, so chance to hit will just help you land more normal hits.
redinter,Jan 23 2006, 08:32 AM Wrote:Actually crits always hits, crits and misses are calculated at the same time, so chance to hit will just help you land more normal hits.
[right][snapback]99910[/snapback][/right]

An extra crit % essentially "absorbs" a hit%.

If you had 20% crit, 75% hit, and 5% miss and extra crit becomes:
21% crit, 74% hit, 5% miss

Once you get passed 8% to hit, the value of it diminishes since all your specials will now be hitting level 63 mobs. At that point, chance to hit is only a help for dual-wielding melee damage (base miss is 24%, not 5%).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I had the same trinkets on my rogue, and parsing full clears of MC/BWL led me to believe that blackhands and ZHM is the best combination out of the trinkets you list. (For fights that do not require fire resist).

ZHM is VERY underrated as far as how much it increases your damage.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
thx for the comments

i think i will stick to my original plan an go on with Blackhand's and Hakki :)