Blizzard recognizes my work
http://www.battle.net/ <----front page baby!

For those of you who don't know "Thunderbird" is a frequent alias of mine. It's an old map, I hope it hasn't been too patch broken. :blush:
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 16 2006, 10:29 PM Wrote:http://www.battle.net/ <----front page baby!

For those of you who don't know "Thunderbird" is a frequent alias of mine. It's an old map, I hope it hasn't been too patch broken.&nbsp; :blush:
[right][snapback]99487[/snapback][/right]

Hey, nice. 'Grats.

Just out of curiousity, how many lurkers have been recognized by Blizzard in one form or another? I bet it's a lot.
Congratulations. I couldn't exactly see what you were being recognized for though... Was it in one of the Flash animations?
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Wyrm,Jan 17 2006, 12:00 AM Wrote:Congratulations.&nbsp; I couldn't exactly see what you were being recognized for though... Was it in one of the Flash animations?
[right][snapback]99490[/snapback][/right]

clicky
Wyrm,Jan 16 2006, 08:00 PM Wrote:Congratulations.  I couldn't exactly see what you were being recognized for though... Was it in one of the Flash animations?
[right][snapback]99490[/snapback][/right]
I am now officially featured Warcraft III map maker. :wub: No entry required aparently, I just happened to surf over to battle.net and see my map's name. My first instinct was "someone stole my map!" :lol:

Edit:
Quote:Icecrown hangs in the balance. One final battle between good and evil will decide the fate of all. There are many Aeon-style maps out there, but this is one of the more refined, balanced Aeons, complete with good hero choices, shop items, and troop upgrades, and an interesting movable-terrain dynamic at the center. Choose your strategy, and push for the win!

The first line in that quote is from the map. So much cheesy stuff I stuck in just to get it done. The map's name alone was suggestion from Lum that I shrugged my shoulders and stuck in. "It's Icecrown tileset right? Call it battle for icecrown" :rolleyes: It was the new island terrain until Tides of Blood came out about a week before I was done with the first version.
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 17 2006, 12:32 AM Wrote:I am now officially featured Warcraft III map maker.&nbsp; :wub:
[right][snapback]99493[/snapback][/right]

We used to play D2 hardcore together back in the day. Am I famous by association?

Please?
DeeBye,Jan 16 2006, 08:55 PM Wrote:We used to play D2 hardcore together back in the day.&nbsp; Am I famous by association?

Please?
[right][snapback]99494[/snapback][/right]
I name Deebye my official stooge and he is now privileged to all benifits therein. :wub:
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 17 2006, 08:16 AM Wrote:I name Deebye my official stooge and he is now privileged to all benifits therein. :wub:
[right][snapback]99501[/snapback][/right]

WHAT? thought that was me? /cry good thing i dont play warcraft or or.... iI'll um nevermind.

*goes back to lurking*
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 16 2006, 10:29 PM Wrote:http://www.battle.net/ <----front page baby!

For those of you who don't know "Thunderbird" is a frequent alias of mine. It's an old map, I hope it hasn't been too patch broken.&nbsp; :blush:

Heh, I remember playing an early version of that map with you a long time ago. Nice to see you got some recognition for it :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
DeeBye,Jan 16 2006, 09:59 PM Wrote:Just out of curiousity, how many lurkers have been recognized by Blizzard in one form or another?&nbsp; I bet it's a lot.[right][snapback]99488[/snapback][/right]
Well, there's a whole slew of us still on The Arreat Summit's Credits page.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jan 17 2006, 11:27 PM Wrote:Well, there's a whole slew of us still on The Arreat Summit's Credits page.
[right][snapback]99552[/snapback][/right]

Haha, rust storm is still floating around that page.
Bolty,Jan 17 2006, 10:27 PM Wrote:Well, there's a whole slew of us still on The Arreat Summit's Credits page.

-Bolty

Wow, that list reads like a who's who of the lurkerlounge. Just another reminder of how proud I am to be a part of such a great community!

Cheers,

Munk

Congratulations! But you'll always be my little noob. :wub:
The error occurred on line -1.
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 17 2006, 03:16 AM Wrote:I name Deebye my official stooge and he is now privileged to all benifits therein. :wub:
[right][snapback]99501[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I remember playing hardcore (as DeeBye put it) D2 with both of you. You both had wolfish druids (among other characters).
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 16 2006, 09:29 PM Wrote:http://www.battle.net/ <----front page baby!

This is my sons newest favorite map. I downloaded and uncompressed it, thinking I would surprise him with it. But he found it for himself and...

"Hey, Dad!!! Look at this map! You can choose any one of these cool heroes!!!"
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Jan 19 2006, 08:45 AM Wrote:This is my sons newest favorite map.  I downloaded and uncompressed it, thinking I would surprise him with it.  But he found it for himself and...

"Hey, Dad!!!  Look at this map!  You can choose any one of these cool heroes!!!"
[right][snapback]99654[/snapback][/right]
Not "any one". The ones people complained about a lot being "too strong" are only avalible if you choose random. I found this to be a great modivation for people not to try and set up the perfect team of non-random heroes. B)
Sir_Die_alot,Jan 19 2006, 09:01 PM Wrote:Not "any one". The ones people complained about a lot being "too strong" are only avalible if you choose random. I found this to be a great modivation for people not to try and set up the perfect team of non-random heroes.&nbsp; B)
[right][snapback]99697[/snapback][/right]
Still he has grasped quite alot of the nuance of WC3 for being five.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Bolty,Jan 17 2006, 11:27 PM Wrote:Well, there's a whole slew of us still on The Arreat Summit's Credits page.

-Bolty

Major Content
Jarulf, Trucidation, Spirea, Adeyke - Statistics and Detailed Diablo II information

Content
Crystalion, Gta-maloy, The Gunslinger, Spiderdrake, Randawl, Armin, Mirandi, DaShiv, Maxx P, Vormaerin, Recrehal, t0a5t, Occhidiangela, Evil~Teletubby!, fireduck, Mirajj, RTB, Sirian, Tezra, Quietust

Editing Footman
whyBish

Super Thanks
Bolty

that brought back a serious wave of nostalgia. Those were the days.....

BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Jan 25 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:Editing Footman
whyBish
[right][snapback]100075[/snapback][/right]

Yup, that's right. EVery other lurker provided content, and here's me just providing editing help... and I'm not even the resident grammar Nazi :P

P.S. Congrats on the listing, I would've responded when I first saw the thread, but was locked out from posting here at the time (happens occasionally to me... just time out attempting to post).

P.P.S. I saved a copy of the Arreat Summit credits page way back when, to use for my CV... not sure how I'd try to explain that one to a prospective employer though :P
Bolty,Jan 17 2006, 09:27 PM Wrote:Well, there's a whole slew of us still on The Arreat Summit's Credits page.

-Bolty

And yet, somehow, my name is left out of the credits, despite giving input for the Druid section and being ASKED to take some screenshots for it.

I'm suing!!!

*ahem* Or not. It still says "Submitted by Zarathustra" on my screenshots at least. B)
See you in Town,
-Z