Sorc Setup
I'm wondering if I should go with Tal Rasha set up or more of a Frankenstien with mixed parts. I'm cold and lightening.

I was told it was better to go with Shako, Oculus, 2 SoJ's, Enimga, Lidless Wall, Tal Amulet and magefist then with the set.

If I go this way how high should I put up my strength, (for enigma basically-decent base armor type). I restarted a 50+ mage cause I had felt I put too much into strength in preps for stronger armor opinions. Now it seems though that if I choose Engima I may need a fair amount anyway.

A second question is I found two rings, Raven Frost and Dwarf Star. I gave them to my zealer. Are they better suited to another class?
Tal's versus mixed gear mostly depends on what setup gives you the tradeoff you like best amongst resists, +skills, FCR, and any other mods you might like.

For a ranged caster like a sorceress, your defense rating is basically irrelevant. You'll never get it high enough to make a difference against the archers, and if enemies are getting into melee range you're doing something wrong. Just grab the lightest 3-socket armor you can find and make the runeword.

Raven Frost/Dwarf Star is a nice combo for any class. The dual absorb gives you a lot more leeway than normal against fire and cold attacks, and anyone would love taking 12 or so less damage from any nonphysical attack thanks to the Star. But the Cannot Be Frozen, cold damage, and serious AR boost on the Raven makes it especially juicy for a malee character. As long as you've got life leech taken care of somehow, I'd say leave the rings right where they are.
thanks , I will do that :-)
I got Heaven's Light scepter, I'm going to put I think Amn in it and maybe a resist jewel.

Zingydex,Jan 11 2006, 01:56 PM Wrote:Tal's versus mixed gear mostly depends on what setup gives you the tradeoff you like best amongst resists, +skills, FCR, and any other mods you might like.

For a ranged caster like a sorceress, your defense rating is basically irrelevant.  You'll never get it high enough to make a difference against the archers, and if enemies are getting into melee range you're doing something wrong.  Just grab the lightest 3-socket armor you can find and make the runeword.
Raven Frost/Dwarf Star is a nice combo for any class.  The dual absorb gives you a lot more leeway than normal against fire and cold attacks, and anyone would love taking 12 or so less damage from any nonphysical attack thanks to the Star.  But the Cannot Be Frozen, cold damage, and serious AR boost on the Raven makes it especially juicy for a malee character.  As long as you've got life leech taken care of somehow, I'd say leave the rings right where they are.
[right][snapback]99132[/snapback][/right]
Enigma has nice boosts but no resistance bonus at all, if you are not doing an MF-sorc, I suggest that you do CoH instead (Chains of Honor).
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill