The insides of diablo 2?
I have 2 questions. 1.) Can you transfer character's from diablo 2 to diablo LOD, SP and MP, or is it like hellfire? 2.) is there anyway to make Sp's in Mp's and vice versa, or is Diablo 2 also like diablo 1?
Taishi88,Jan 12 2006, 03:45 PM Wrote:I have 2 questions. 1.) Can you transfer character's from diablo 2 to diablo LOD, SP and MP, or is it like hellfire? 2.) is there anyway to make Sp's in Mp's and vice versa, or is Diablo 2 also like diablo 1?
[right][snapback]99228[/snapback][/right]
As far a I know....

1) U can transfer characters from save game files between two diablo2-games on SP. In MP you can't since characters are saved in the bnet.

2) You can't transfer data from SP to MP or the other way around. Characters on MP are saved in the b.net...

PS. Hope this is what u meant

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Chaostheory,Jan 12 2006, 08:54 AM Wrote:As far a I know....

1) U can transfer characters from save game files between two diablo2-games on SP. In MP you can't since characters are saved in the bnet.

2) You can't transfer data from SP to MP or the other way around. Characters on MP are saved in the b.net...

PS. Hope this is what u meant
[right][snapback]99229[/snapback][/right]
Sort of... but my original question was can you transfer a Diablo 2 character to the expanded version of diablo LOD... without sacrificing items while going through the transfer. Let's say I own diablo 2 and have a lvl 99 barbarian, that was alot of work to make. Then one day I decide to go out and buy Diablo 2:LOD, would my diablo 2 barbarian be able to transfer to LOD? As well as his equipment?
Taishi88,Jan 12 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:Sort of... but my original question was can you transfer a Diablo 2 character to the expanded version of diablo LOD... without sacrificing items while going through the transfer. Let's say I own diablo 2 and have a lvl 99 barbarian, that was alot of work to make. Then one day I decide to go out and buy Diablo 2:LOD, would my diablo 2 barbarian be able to transfer to LOD? As well as his equipment?
[right][snapback]99233[/snapback][/right]
You don't have to sacrifise any items.
Once you install diablo2:LOD, your characters will remain there. You can choose either on playing the original D2 or convert them to expansion characters, you will not lose any items.
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
Chaostheory,Jan 12 2006, 02:53 PM Wrote:You don't have to sacrifise any items.
Once you install diablo2:LOD, your characters will remain there. You can choose either on playing the original D2 or convert them to expansion characters, you will not lose any items.
[right][snapback]99252[/snapback][/right]

You wont lose any items, but once you choose to play the character in LOD, I believe, you cannot then play that characted in classic D2. And don't expect your gear from D2 to get you to the same position in LOD. Because of changes in monster resists and immunities, you may not be doing as much damage as you were, or you may be taking more than you were, so you may need to aquire new gear despite not loosing any of it.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jeunemaitre,Jan 12 2006, 12:05 PM Wrote:You wont lose any items, but once you choose to play the character in LOD, I believe, you cannot then play that characted in classic D2.  And don't expect your gear from D2 to get you to the same position in LOD.  Because of changes in monster resists and immunities, you may not be doing as much damage as you were, or you may be taking more than you were, so you may need to aquire new gear despite not loosing any of it.
[right][snapback]99255[/snapback][/right]
Thanks for the info
Taishi88,Jan 12 2006, 10:45 AM Wrote:I have 2 questions. 1.) Can you transfer character's from diablo 2 to diablo LOD, SP and MP, or is it like hellfire? 2.) is there anyway to make Sp's in Mp's and vice versa, or is Diablo 2 also like diablo 1?
[right][snapback]99228[/snapback][/right]

1.) Yes. You can convert a classic character to a LOD character at any time, but you may not convert a LOD character back to a classic character.

As far as the SP and MP, there are two different types of MP; closed battle.net (with 4 realms, which are separate worlds from eachother) and open (found after clicking 'Other Multiplayer'), both of which are very different. In open you can play your single player characters online, whereas in closed you cannot and must create new characters to play just on closed realms. Although the prospect of playing your single player characters online is appealing there are many downsides to open battle.net. First, most everyone on open uses hacked items. With hacked items you can become invicible, gain experience at an ungodly rate, and do hundreds of thousands of damage, etc. Open also lacks the polish that closed has, making it more of a novelty experience to play with hacked items than a place to play your single player characters online. Thus unless playing with hacked items intrests you, you should play on one of the four closed battle.net realms for MP.

[Image: blackdog786.png]
Ammonium,Jan 22 2006, 10:42 PM Wrote:1.) Yes.  You can convert a classic character to a LOD character at any time, but you may not convert a LOD character back to a classic character. 

As far as the SP and MP, there are two different types of MP; closed battle.net (with 4 realms, which are separate worlds from eachother) and open (found after clicking 'Other Multiplayer'), both of which are very different.  In open you can play your single player characters online, whereas in closed you cannot and must create new characters to play just on closed realms.  Although the prospect of playing your single player characters online is appealing there are many downsides to open battle.net.  First, most everyone on open uses hacked items. With hacked items you can become invicible, gain experience at an ungodly rate, and do hundreds of thousands of damage, etc. Open also lacks the polish that closed has, making it more of a novelty experience to play with hacked items than a place to play your single player characters online.  Thus unless playing with hacked items intrests you, you should play on one of the four closed battle.net realms for MP.
[right][snapback]99883[/snapback][/right]

There is on other possibility, with 'open' or 'SP' characters. You can still play them in a multi-player setting via 'TCP/IP' games, without venturing into the wasteland of open battle.net.

This does require that you know other people who have the game, of course. I played for some time with a group of friends via TCP/IP games, before that group started to dwindle in numbers.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

ShadowHM,Jan 23 2006, 07:10 AM Wrote:There is on other possibility, with 'open' or 'SP' characters.  You can still play them in a multi-player setting via 'TCP/IP' games, without venturing into the wasteland of open battle.net.

This does require that you know other people who have the game, of course.  I played for some time with a group of friends via TCP/IP games, before that group started to dwindle in numbers.
[right][snapback]99908[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes but first this requires one to have friends :ph34r:

[Image: blackdog786.png]