PvP at 20-29 -- an organized group? (Terenas)
I would like to join in. I have a priest around level 24.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Everybody loves a priest in WSG. Including the other team... But they like 'em with ketchup.
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Alram,Jan 13 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:Enchantments
I forgot to mention in my previous post what I would consider to be the most important enchantment for Warsong Gulch: minor speed increase on your boots.&nbsp; Speed of movement is critical and this enchantment will give you an edge over the competition.

Very good advice, thank you.

Quote:Rogue Talents
You will be building a rogue specifically for playing in Warsong Gulch.&nbsp; The requirements here are different from those in PVE and any other type of PVP.&nbsp; The primary strengths of the rogue will be his ability to operate unseen and his ability to incapacitate an opponent; his ability to sprint is also of important significance.&nbsp; There are many occasions in Warsong Gulch where it is more important to be able to stun or incapacitate an opponent rather than kill him. Your talent selections should therefore maximize these abilities.&nbsp; I recommend that you invest points in the following talents; any other points you have available you can place in whatever talents intrigue you.&nbsp; Note that I am not restricting myself here to talents which are available prior to level 30.&nbsp; I am intentionally doing this so that if you choose to follow my model you can plan ahead.

What you say makes a lot of sense. With this criteria in mind, wouldn't it be better to take Elusiveness over Opportunity? Opportunity without Improved Ambush doesn't seem very good.
vor_lord,Jan 13 2006, 09:13 PM Wrote:Very good advice, thank you.
What you say makes a lot of sense.&nbsp; With this criteria in mind, wouldn't it be better to take Elusiveness over Opportunity?&nbsp; Opportunity without Improved Ambush doesn't seem very good.
[right][snapback]99353[/snapback][/right]
You are 100% right. I made a bad error. I meant MoD and Camoflage. I am going to edit that post.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]

I have Thirdrail (a career Wailing Caverns Shaman having 3 pieces of "The Fang" set) ready to go. And Holylurker a wonderful priest, but I will have to learn how to heal others :D .

BTW. I have Xame who has lots of low level enchants to hand out. I have decided not to ever "enchant the bracers" ten times just to level the enchanting. All of it is to be given away to the Lurkers. Also Xame is a tailor and Holylurker can make leather.

Xame: 260+ tailor
130+ enchanter (w/ 2x16 slot bags full of mats farmed by Yuri)
Holylurker: 170+ leatherworking (w/ 2x16 slot bags full of thick leather when I
get to 200)

So make your wish lists and help with the odd items (elemental earth etc.).

At the very least I can help get armor kits on all of our gear. May the Alliance FEAR the name Lurker at the 20-29 BG's.

FOR THE HORDE!!!
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
I just dicovered another error and edited it: Correction made on number of points to place in improved Cheap Shot.
When do we start? Prime times for play are weekday evenings 5:00-11:00 PM server time or weekends at any time.

We have signed up:
Darian-warrior, depending on SR
Vor Lord-Rogue
Voiceman-Rogue
Alram-Warlock or maybe hunter
Klaus-mage
Treesh-Rogue, warrior, druid or shaman
Sheep-mage
khgerg-Priest
Xame-Shaman or priest
Duppy (druid) is 20 now. I can't come that early, but if you guys start, I can join in as you get going.

Working her up slowly. Maybe first we should do some walkthroughs of WC / BFD / SFK to get gear.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Jan 20 2006, 11:46 AM Wrote:Duppy (druid) is 20 now.&nbsp; I can't come that early, but if you guys start, I can join in as you get going.

Working her up slowly.&nbsp; Maybe first we should do some walkthroughs of WC / BFD / SFK to get gear.
[right][snapback]99754[/snapback][/right]

Some walkthroughs (an atlevel group would be better but harder to schedule) would be great. Durambar took Aah through the Deadmines for fun, but I didn't get the Blackened Defias Armor that I want or the Cruel Barb. I did get a Defias Mask -- not many horde rogues get those ;)

I know that VoiceMan's rogue Ooh is taking a back seat to Fazuul as he grinds PvP rank and rep for the next couple of weeks. So it will probably be a while before we start this in earnest. Gear and quest walkthoughs and twinks could happen at any time.
Frankly, you don't really need to get all the top gear to do WSG in the 20s and be successful.
We will have a significantly higher level of communication and coordination which should offset any gear deficiencies or even help offset the problems of being lower level. I say we just do it, and see what happens.

If we do well people will be inspired to do more.

If we do poorly people will be inspired to gear and level up.

Either way we can't lose.
vor_lord,Jan 20 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:I know that VoiceMan's rogue Ooh is taking a back seat to Fazuul as he grinds PvP rank and rep for the next couple of weeks.&nbsp; So it will probably be a while before we start this in earnest.&nbsp; Gear and quest walkthoughs and twinks could happen at any time.
[right][snapback]99761[/snapback][/right]

Yes, Fazuul's rep in AV has certainly taken it's toll on Ooh, but I haven't forgotten her, nor do I wish her to fall too far behind. Right now she's only 18, so not ready for the level 20-29 bracket of WSG, but if we have enough toons who are ready and interested in starting up the group work in WSG, I can take a night or two to work up Ooh to at least 21 or 22. Even though Fazuul is monopolizing my time, I have great interest in the rogue and our group PvP possiblities. Especially since one of them might be a priest (khgerg). Priests are WONDERFUL to have in WSG. They are cannon fodder, but man are they helpful.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Jan 20 2006, 08:19 AM Wrote:When do we start?&nbsp; Prime times for play are weekday evenings 5:00-11:00 PM server time or weekends at any time.

We have signed up:
Darian-warrior, depending on SR
Vor Lord-Rogue
Voiceman-Rogue
Alram-Warlock or maybe hunter
Klaus-mage
Treesh-Rogue, warrior, druid or shaman
Sheep-mage
khgerg-Priest
Xame-Shaman or priest
[right][snapback]99736[/snapback][/right]

So Aah is now level 24. She has her poisons and a nice blue weapon. I'll probably be spending some time in WSG this week, and would love to have some company there.

Shall we see if we can get some people together soon and give it a go?
vor_lord,Jan 30 2006, 12:03 PM Wrote:So Aah is now level 24.  She has her poisons and a nice blue weapon.  I'll probably be spending some time in WSG this week, and would love to have some company there.

Shall we see if we can get some people together soon and give it a go?
[right][snapback]100515[/snapback][/right]

Fazuul has finished his lenghty and time-consuming quest to reach Exalted status, so much of my attention will now turn to my Sinister Rogue Sister Ooh, and hope to have her ready for the 20-29 WSG quite soon. She doesn't have a nice blue weapon though. :( But she's got ambush! :w00t:

Edit: I would also add that if we would like to be in the same match together (which is my assumption), we need to get some feedback from everyone who wants to go so we can all be there and join as group. Ooh is only 18 still, so she's not ready, but should be by early next week, if not later on this week.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
I have been trying out my level 25 priest and warlock. They are a blast! I never enjoyed a priest so much before. My only regret is that the priest is not any good as a flag carrier. I do have a level 29 hunter also, which I have not been playing as I don't want to level her to 30. I also don't know what the best choices would be for talents. And the only pet she has is a bear who never learned much.

Off topic:
At level 51, Agh successfully scored as a flag carrier in 2 separate games! Go Agh!
Aah has been frequenting WSG lately. I need to close out a couple more pieces of gear.

Most notably, I could really use some help doing the Gnomeregan quest (I know Ooh could also make use of that too).

I now have a The Butcher, complete with a Fiery Enchant. I have my Barbaric Bracers (thanks Yuri), Dark Leather Belt, and Toughened Leather Gloves. I have a decent chest piece for when I hit 28.

Generally I've had at least one other Lurker with me and it's been fun. So everybody think about dusting off their 20-29 characters and join in!
Heh, well my shammy has been trying to hit 29 for a while ^_^ Earthbind + improved ghost wolf + improved minor heal = one deady flag runner. Still not 100% for what kind of twinked gear to grab though (if only green whelpling armor was 29 and not 30, % to sleep on a hit is so damn nice...)
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Ooh is a new 26, and just got Cheap Shot, so I'm looking forward to trying that out in WSG. Unfortunately, Ooh is going for a dagger build, and doesn't have the kind of weapons Aah has, nor does Ooh have as armor that's any good, as she's still wearing three grey pieces. I too need the Gnomer quest, and am hoping to get some WSG in very soon. :D
VoiceMan

Terenas: