Paladin set up
I'm looking to get better resistances with as little sacrfice as I can get away with.
here are the options I've given myself so far.

Mara's Kaleidscope, bit better resistances and skills bonuses.
Metal Grid amulet
looking for Hoz (probably very hard) and put in a diamond
or exile base with +40 resist
putting in a decent jewel of +9 or +10 resist all in my weapon to help a bit.

and finally starting some key hunts on hell mode to see if I can get some torches to help with resistances and skills.

This is my current set up for my 84th lvl zealer paladin to help with statistic information. thanks

Zeal damage: 1720 - 2452
Zeal Attack rating: 6537
Defense: 11,739 (with holy shield)

Life: 970
Mana: 290

Resistances in hell mode: 75/33/53/41
(suffereing a bit for a resist freak like me)
and this is with a couple small charms to help with poison

Equipment:

Heaven's Light scepter (2 sockets)
crown of thieves

Amulet: Curruption Mark (+15 resist all, +64 mana ect)
Gloom (boneweave) armor (+45% all ect)
IK Gaunlets
Ik Belt
Ik Boots
Tiamat's Rebuke (shield with +32 all)
Dwarf Star ring
Raven Frost ring

(hell mouth gauntlets in inventory/ +15 fire absorb)

You could always try to socket your armor and shield. With an um rune in the shield, you can pick up that extra 3% to all.

Although it does not seem as popular as it once was, you can always consider items with the ability to lower magical damage. (I recall this used to be a popular way to defend against Diablo, specifically his breath-like attack.)

You said "with as little sacrifice as" you can get away with, but perhaps you will have to keep experimenting with resistance-adding items until you find the right level of comfort.

Or maybe just leave it be and play with this added level of challenge.

Whatever it is, much fun to you.
-scrape
How about them apples? They say they do not fall far from the tree, and that one can spoil the whole bunch. Well I say we may not all be rotten, but we are all spoiled.
degrak.com
degrak youtube
Heiho,

most unnoticed shield ever is the Ward. Anyway, Tiamat is not so bad, why don't you put a pDiamond into it, this would with minimum investment push your resistancies immediately. KoKoMal is a very remarkable resist shield and can be socketed into a Pal specific one (which also could have additional prisma as automod). Mosar's Circle is another favourite.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
thanks guys, i'll give that a try.

how hard is HoZ to find anyway?

any1 find the reloading of a belt when you die annoying? I think blizzard should either make it so that item stays on or have a quick reload feature like clicking on the empty slot and it loading it up with each click somehow.

librarian,Jan 20 2006, 01:39 AM Wrote:Heiho,

most unnoticed shield ever is the Ward. Anyway, Tiamat is not so bad, why don't you put a pDiamond into it, this would with minimum investment push your resistancies immediately. KoKoMal is a very remarkable resist shield and can be socketed into a Pal specific one (which also could have additional prisma as automod). Mosar's Circle is another favourite.
[right][snapback]99695[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Jan 20 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:how hard is HoZ to find anyway?
[right][snapback]99786[/snapback][/right]

Really tough to find.

If you are into the trading scene, HoZ seems to be getting more expensive all the time. I traded a Gul rune + Stormshield for one awhile ago and at the time I thought it was a high price to pay, but now even a low-end HoZ is easily worth 2 high runes.
If you can't find HoZ, u could always try to make Sanctuary, if you find a good pala shield with (about) 30% all resists, u could end up witjh 100% to all resitances shield. Althought u won't have +to pala skills and so...
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill