WOOHOO!
[Image: genkarana.png]
[Image: genkarana2.png]

Now brighter, and with shadowform bug apparent ;)

(you lose a lot of the darkness if you mount -- but it only seems that way to you)

Shadow form + dark area of Ironforge = Not being able to see what it was you are talking about. So I saved it and brightened it to see that you now have the priest version of a battleground kick me sign. :D

Congrats!
Tal,Jan 9 2006, 09:26 AM Wrote:Shadow form + dark area of Ironforge = Not being able to see what it was you are talking about. So I saved it and brightened it to see that you now have the priest version of a battleground kick me sign. :D

Congrats!
[right][snapback]98960[/snapback][/right]

I figured the double set of sparkles gave it away :D
castille,Jan 9 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:I figured the double set of sparkles gave it away :D
[right][snapback]98964[/snapback][/right]

I tell ya! those things are a god damned liability!!!
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
castille,Jan 9 2006, 07:17 AM Wrote:[Image: genkarana.png]
[right][snapback]98959[/snapback][/right]

Welcome to be target #1 in BGs... ;)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jan 9 2006, 01:21 PM Wrote:Welcome to be target #1 in BGs...&nbsp; ;)
[right][snapback]98978[/snapback][/right]

I already had 'priest' as my class -- this isn't much different :P
castille,Jan 9 2006, 03:18 PM Wrote:I already had 'priest' as my class -- this isn't much different :P
[right][snapback]98990[/snapback][/right]

Personally I loved the one time a undead priest decided to hang out in the bushes in the middle of WSG.

His benediction waving over his head while he ate was all Shalandrax needed to find a new friend. :)
Congratulations! How was the fight? We want a full-blown accounting!
Tal,Jan 9 2006, 04:34 PM Wrote:Personally I loved the one time a undead priest decided to hang out in the bushes in the middle of WSG.

His benediction waving over his head while he ate was all Shalandrax needed to find a new friend. :)
[right][snapback]98992[/snapback][/right]

MS is fun, but you'll make more friends with Improved Shield Bash and Concussion Blow :)

Also, just noted that you have a new(ish?) title. I think I may adopt that for PUG tanking :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
castille,Jan 9 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:I already had 'priest' as my class -- this isn't much different :P
[right][snapback]98990[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but now you have a big arrow over your head that say, "hey, look at me, I'm a priest...kill me quick!" :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Artega,Jan 9 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:MS is fun, but you'll make more friends with Improved Shield Bash and Concussion Blow :)

Also, just noted that you have a new(ish?) title.&nbsp; I think I may adopt that for PUG tanking :)
[right][snapback]99009[/snapback][/right]

I leave that to Gnolack, Darian and Anadrol. My job is to tear up the opposing side's healers and cloth wearers. I hit hard enough that even another warrior and a Shaman have run from me. :)
Tuftears,Jan 9 2006, 06:29 PM Wrote:Congratulations!&nbsp; How was the fight?&nbsp; We want a full-blown accounting!
[right][snapback]99005[/snapback][/right]

The quest for Benediction is -the- single most nerve-wracking priest experience any priest will ever have. It's worse than being the only healer up on a near-wipe for Razorgore.

What it boils down to, story-wise, is that this priest couldn't escape Stratholme with the peasants she had taken under her wing, who she was guiding to safety. Because of the tragedy, and the number of souls, she's stuck in limbo -- a good soul, with a ton of good souls stuck in limbo. Your job is to finish what she started, to guide the souls from the grasp of the Undead to the Light.

There are two kinds of undead you're combating. Melee and archers. You can kill the melee, but not the archers. The archers don't do that much damage, and the melee's attention is easy to get -- heal aggro or just popping any kind of AoE will do it for you.

The undead, of course, carry a disease. Archers can infect with the disease, and there's a chance that 2-4 peasants will start the match with a purple disease on them. I used abolish disease for just about everything, mainly because there was the possibility of them getting reinfected by archers, and because, for some reason, the cost of Cure Disease (one shot) and Abolish Disease (5 shots, one every 5 seconds) are so close, there's no reason not to. (50% more mana for 5 times the utility...)

Anyway, carrying on .. Some people use renew, but I found a mid-rank flash heal -- about 4-6 -- worked really well, instead. I tried renew, at first, but life dropped too fast for my liking. I could pump 2 or 3 flash heals. Keep in mind that I -am- shadow spec. Someone with the core holy talents will be able to do much more with their renews than I was. I used shield and oil of immolation to clear the melee skellies, but I had thorns on me, too, which helped speed things up.

The key to this quest is acceptable losses, and timely use of the oils of immolation. Buffs like thorns aura (improved, if you can) and possibly a paladin standing -right- on the NPC with retribution aura can also be extremely helpful. The melee skeletons only have about 100 or so life, and die quick, but there's a pack of 4-5 that hit for around 70-90 damage, and attack fast. You will have to watch one or two peasants die, however. Possibly per wave. This is acceptable losses, since you can lose up to 15.

Also to note: the nameplate mode does NOT scale to zooming out. I was hoping to be able to zoom out far enough that the nameplates wouldn't run over each other, but it doesn't matter. Just find an angle where they don't move around as much.

The NPC gives a buff that means about 2000 mana when you finish a wave. For me, that's around 2/5ths of my mana pool . . But, disc/holy or holy/disc priests will usually have more, since I sacrifice a lot of stats for +dmg .. I need have on my +healing gear for this, but that sacrifices stats for healing utility. ;) If it hadn't been for her buff at the end of every wave, I probably would not have made it, since I was experimenting so much with renew in the beginning of the quest . . If you can bring mana potions, not a bad idea. If you can bring something that doesn't go off the potion timer to restore your life without costing mana (bandaging takes too long to get real benefit).

Buffs you may want to consider:

-- Soulstone. Death does NOT mean instant defeat in this quest. If you die, you can pop back up and save the last few you need, maybe. I was -actually- thinking about using the soulestone I had just to regain mana :P That's how bone dry I was towards the end, there. In fact, I had been certain I had failed when I saw the message in yellow pop up -- but it said (Complete) instead of (Done). I was stoked.

-- Thorns. More damage you can do to them every time they hit you, the less time you'll have to spend with Oil of Immolation

-- Mark of the Wild. YAY MORE STATS!

-- Retribution Aura. Have the paladin stand RIGHT on the NPC lady. He has to NOT move. He can't see a thing, because you need the eye to see it .. so, for people who are trying to watch this -- sorry.

-- Devotion Aura. Whoa. You talked -two- paladins into standing there for 15 minutes (sans any wait time for the NPC to spawn). Wow.

-- Blessing of Wisdom. For this fight, mana can be very important, and you can find yourself down to the bone.

-- Blessing of Kings. YAY FOR MORE STATS!

-- Arcane Intellect. YAY MORE STATS.

-- Nightfin soup. More mana / 5..

-- Sagefish Delight. More mana / 5

-- Lesser Mana Oil. More mana / 5. There's a pattern! :D

None of these are -required-. Except one.

-- Oils of Immolation. You will go through about 10-15 of these, depending on how much you pop them .. I went through about 12, but I might've been trigger happy. Firebloom, and goldthorn, iirc.

Thanks, that certainly sounds like you had a lot of fun. :D Nice to know you didn't have to respec holy for holy nova to do this one!

So it was safe for the paladin to hit you with BOWisdom, or did you use a Greater BOWisdom and get by on that for the fight?
Tuftears,Jan 10 2006, 03:47 PM Wrote:Thanks, that certainly sounds like you had a lot of fun.&nbsp; :D&nbsp; Nice to know you didn't have to respec holy for holy nova to do this one!

So it was safe for the paladin to hit you with BOWisdom, or did you use a Greater BOWisdom and get by on that for the fight?
[right][snapback]99084[/snapback][/right]

Actually, sadly, when I did the quest was sort of a fluke -- I signed on right before leaving for work and she was actually there. So, I had no paladin, but I can tell you from the experience, that I wish I had one. You can probably get by on a regular BoW, but a greater wouldn't hurt if the Pally didn't mind the reagent loss. The quest is -fast-.
2s per reagent, yeah, I'd do it for a priest if I happened to be handy and they asked. :) Goodness that goes around, comes around.

It'd be even funnier if I brought both my druid and my paladin, since I could cast Mark and Thorns (lasts 15 mins with the 3-piece Cenarion bonus) on one, then switch to the paladin for the aura - but you're done, so you don't need it! Well, maybe some other priest will, down the way.

In any case, congratulations, and great writeup!

Wonder if druids will get an epic quest, now that Malfurion looks to be on his way back?... :shuriken:
Tal,Jan 10 2006, 01:14 AM Wrote:I leave that to Gnolack, Darian and Anadrol. My job is to tear up the opposing side's healers and cloth wearers. I hit hard enough that even another warrior and a Shaman have run from me. :)
[right][snapback]99022[/snapback][/right]

I do miss the big numbers and one-shot-wonder moments, but I'm never going back. I never had Priests and Mages come to the realm's IRC channel solely to bitch at me for silencing them constantly when I was MS spec :)

What weapon are you using, anyway? Mace spec has been looking much more viable (disregarding the fact that TUF is a mace) now that the diminishing returns issue has been done away with.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Jan 10 2006, 08:07 PM Wrote:What weapon are you using, anyway?&nbsp; Mace spec has been looking much more viable (disregarding the fact that TUF is a mace) now that the diminishing returns issue has been done away with.
[right][snapback]99098[/snapback][/right]

Obsidian Edged Blade until I can get a Untamed Blade :)
castille,Jan 10 2006, 04:06 PM Wrote:&nbsp; -- Retribution Aura. Have the paladin stand RIGHT on the NPC lady. He has to NOT move. He can't see a thing, because you need the eye to see it .. so, for people who are trying to watch this -- sorry.

&nbsp; -- Devotion Aura. Whoa. You talked -two- paladins into standing there for 15 minutes (sans any wait time for the NPC to spawn). Wow.
[right][snapback]99039[/snapback][/right]

I think it's a bit sad - not to mention slightly exploity - that people would use this technique. It's pretty obviously meant to be a solo quest - hence the cleaner that turns up to remove anyone getting in the way - and this just looks like a way to try to subvert that mechanism. As you said, neither of them are necessary, and you should just enjoy the challenge of the solo quest. It's supposed to be hard - it's epic. You won't get another one for a long time, if ever.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Jan 10 2006, 09:09 PM Wrote:I think it's a bit sad - not to mention slightly exploity - that people would use this technique.&nbsp; It's pretty obviously meant to be a solo quest - hence the cleaner that turns up to remove anyone getting in the way - and this just looks like a way to try to subvert that mechanism.&nbsp; As you said, neither of them are necessary, and you should just enjoy the challenge of the solo quest.&nbsp; It's supposed to be hard - it's epic.&nbsp; You won't get another one for a long time, if ever.
[right][snapback]99105[/snapback][/right]

Auras are buffs like any other. No other buff is any more 'exploity' than another. The only thing is that this requires another person to actually be physically present. It's all about your personal preference, and how much you want to get buffed. Having done the quest, I can tell you that I would've been happy for another 800 AC to help with damage reduction and more stackable damage return. I mean, oil of immolation makes this quest a breeze -- is that exploity?
Blessing of Wisdom ticks and generates aggro for the Paladin. For the Hunter epic quest it's an absolute no-no, can you get away with it on the priest quest?
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]