I am getting a new keyboard Feb. 1
http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

[Image: keyb0025ga.jpg]

[Image: keyb0011de.jpg]

[Image: qua4oq.jpg][Image: psd3ys.jpg]

This looks awesome but I bet it costs more than a small car.
DeeBye,Jan 9 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:This looks awesome but I bet it costs more than a small car.
[right][snapback]98942[/snapback][/right]
I've seen guesses elsewhere ranging from $150 to $300 so far. I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than that.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
roguebanshee,Jan 9 2006, 06:51 AM Wrote:I've seen guesses elsewhere ranging from $150 to $300 so far. I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher than that.
[right][snapback]98946[/snapback][/right]

According to the answers page of the website:
Quote:It will cost less than a good mobile phone.

Of course that assumes that the statement a few items down is indeed correct. Oh, and how much to ship from Moscow?

Quote:Our studio is located two blocks from the Kremlin.
-- snip--
It will be available worldwide (why not?)
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Mr. Lebedev is a fantastic designer, and his Mandership columns are great reads for anyone interested in interesting things. :)

I emailed him when the Optimus was first unveiled (over a year ago I think?) with a few questions about it but didn't get a response.

I seem to remember an older thread (or two) about this keyboard, but I may be mistaken.

Anyhow, I'll be purchasing one as well. :)
The error occurred on line -1.
Is anyone else disappointed that this keyboard is not designed in the more comfortable split-angled ergonomic shape?

I'm thinking, if you're going to go all out and make the ultimate keyboard, why not go all out to make it comfortable for the user?

--Copadope
Zippyy,Jan 9 2006, 05:56 PM Wrote:I seem to remember an older thread (or two) about this keyboard, but I may be mistaken.
[right][snapback]98974[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, that was me.

I fell in love with this thing the first time I saw it. I'm seriously considering laying the cash to land me one of these babies.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hi,

Copadope,Jan 9 2006, 01:19 PM Wrote:Is anyone else disappointed that this keyboard is not designed in the more comfortable split-angled ergonomic shape?

I'm thinking, if you're going to go all out and make the ultimate keyboard, why not go all out to make it comfortable for the user?
[right][snapback]98991[/snapback][/right]
The split angle keyboard is more comfortable for the office worker, the author, the spreadsheet munger. It is usually less comfortable for the gamer, since a gamer is often using the whole keyboard with his left hand while maintaining primary control by keeping his right hand on the mouse (mod as necessary for southpaws). This keyboard is pretty clearly intended for the gamer (of what value are all those capabilities to an office worker?). Thus the decision to use a 'straight' keyboard makes sense.

What I wish they had also done is to let the user move the keyboard parts around. There are some games where having the control keys on the far left, then the number pad, and finally the normal keyboard on the right makes sense. So far, I've only seen Logitech® diNovo™ system that comes close. The programmable capability of the Optimus may be enough without actually changing the physical layout.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi,

I had my Eye on the Saitek's PC Gamers' Keyboard for a bit.

However, I love my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Split keyboard...> F5 & F6...#6 & #7...T & Y, G & H B & N...>ALL Make Great HOT Keys, they can be Located much faster than on a regular keyboard :D

Quote:Gaming Keyboards: Which Is The Best For You? Old but a good read&nbsp; :D

What are Gaming Keyboards?

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:It will cost less than a good mobile phone.

Does that mean that we will need to sign up for a two-year contract for "keyboard service" or face a $175 early termination fee? :lol:
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete