Avarice Alliance Defeats Molten Core!
In a six and a half hour clear of Molten Core the Avarice Alliance defeated every boss in Molten Core including our first kill of Ragnaros.

Others have better screen shots. I'll them them post them. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Forget screenshots! How about commemorative wallpapers celebrating the event?

The Avarice Alliance's victory over Ragnaros can be remembered with special wallpapers I've just put up. If you have a standard resolution monitor, use the 1600x1200 wallpaper version. If you've got a widescreen monitor, try the super-wide 1920x1200 wallpaper version. I hope you like them. These are both super-high quality .jpg images, over 1 meg each. I wanted high image quality. :)

Oh, and pass the links on elsewhere.

When Rag was down to 5% and the 2nd Sons pack was coming soon, and we only had, what, 2 tanks left....man, what a rush. It's all about DPS and FR, and we finally had enough.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Congrats to everyone involved!!! I so hope i can be there for at least the second time....

I always miss the good stuff......

So happy this finally happened! Go Avarice!!!!
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Congratulations!

Loot?
A purely selfish shot. ;)

[Image: RagDown1.jpg]

He had the nerve to smack me down at 2%, ~just~ as I was reaching for my just cooled down major health pot hotkey.

Edit : Loot...Bloodfang and Wrath pants, The Crown of Destruction, and a pally shield I can't recall the name of.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Gnollguy,Jan 7 2006, 10:09 PM Wrote:In a six and a half hour clear of Molten Core the Avarice Alliance defeated every boss in Molten Core including our first kill of Ragnaros.

Others have better screen shots.&nbsp; I'll them them post them.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]98887[/snapback][/right]

I knew you guys were going to do it when I had to leave early. :(

Congrats though and well done!
Mirajj,Jan 8 2006, 03:12 PM Wrote:Edit : Loot...Bloodfang and Wrath pants, The Crown of Destruction, and a pally shield I can't recall the name of.[right][snapback]98893[/snapback][/right]
That'd be Malistar's Defender. Graphic is kinda crappy, but awesome stats. ^_^
Grayfox 60 Paladin <The Basin> Miner/Armoursmith
Garrin,Jan 7 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:Congrats to everyone involved!!!&nbsp; I so hope i can be there for at least the second time....
I always miss the good stuff......
So happy this finally happened!&nbsp; Go Avarice!!!!
[right][snapback]98890[/snapback][/right]

Nah, you were out there in front providing the blood pact... :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Bolty,Jan 8 2006, 02:44 PM Wrote:Forget screenshots!&nbsp; How about commemorative wallpapers celebrating the event?

The Avarice Alliance's victory over Ragnaros can be remembered with special wallpapers I've just put up.&nbsp; If you have a standard resolution monitor, use the 1600x1200 wallpaper version.&nbsp; If you've got a widescreen monitor, try the super-wide 1920x1200 wallpaper version.&nbsp; I hope you like them.&nbsp; These are both super-high quality .jpg images, over 1 meg each.&nbsp; I wanted high image quality.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]98888[/snapback][/right]

What a mottly crew! :P

Congrats guys. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Congratulations! :)b
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Boutros,Jan 8 2006, 05:10 AM Wrote:Congratulations!

Loot?
[right][snapback]98892[/snapback][/right]

Bloodfang pants
Wrath pants
Crown of Destruction
Malistar's Defender
Here's my vanity shot, with bear (of course!):
[Image: RagnarosRhyssaSmall.jpg]

And, Bolty's is clearly better, but here's my version of the group pic:
[Image: RagnarosFirstGroup.jpg]

The fight was a real rush at the end, what with not really being sure when the sons were due, and knowing we were losing people all the while... I went down at 1%, just in time for Rag to die. :P
Congrats guys! I knew it was only a matter of time!

I think our first kill was pretty similar to yours - we got the 20 second warning till the second wave of Sons with him around at 5% and I remember thinking "uh oh, we're going to have to fight another wave". That time pressure really makes the fight a rush, and I think its the best way to beat him the first time.

In another couple of weeks you'll be beating him with over a minute to go and laughing about it.

Good job on the clear time as well - we haven't quite made the jump to one session clears yet.

Chris
Icebird,Jan 8 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:Congrats guys! I knew it was only a matter of time!

I think our first kill was pretty similar to yours - we got the 20 second warning till the second wave of Sons with him around at 5% and I remember thinking "uh oh, we're going to have to fight another wave". That time pressure really makes the fight a rush, and I think its the best way to beat him the first time.

In another couple of weeks you'll be beating him with over a minute to go and laughing about it.

Good job on the clear time as well - we haven't quite made the jump to one session clears yet.

Chris
[right][snapback]98920[/snapback][/right]

I don't see us doing one session clears regularly. Since we like to float the schedule (since we have some Monday only raiders, some Thursday only raiders and some Saturday only raiders) to get every a chance at everything the one session clears are hard to work in there. We would need to get them down to about 4.5 hours to even think about doing it on a weeknight.

We did get Razorgore for the second time tonight though with a much more controlled strat, that I need to modify again. So maybe a fast 30-45 minute kill of Luci and Mags then Kill Razor and see if we can do better than 15% on Vael in one night might work.

We're going to try and run 2 Onyxia locks starting tomorrow night too more an early and a late time slot to get more people chances, but also to help get some of the alts a little better gear and get the mains a few more chances at the T2 helms too. :) Though with the exception of the priests and mages we've got a lot of our mains in T2 helms already.

It's a fun time we've gotten over another dangerous hump. :)
---
Grats guys.

In related news, my guild downed Rag for the first time on Sunday. 1st attempt that day, only the 3rd raid we seriously tried him, and 2 1/2 months since we took off the training wheels and left our guild alliance.

By the way, Mallisters is definatly NOT a pally shield, it clearly belongs to shaman. If I see you with it, I just might Frost Shock you :P. I guess it was it's time in the loot table, cause it dropped for us too (along with finkles and 10storms, good day for shaman in our guild), but the bigger guilds on our server told us its relativly rare.

And our MT is a few Arcanite Bars and the more common binding drop away from Thunderfury.

And while I'm on the topic of self congradulation, I'd like to welcome myself to the 2@60 club. My druid should be hitting the core tonight with an "alt" raid. Why I chose to level two "hybrid" healers? It seemed like a good idea at the time.... :/ Next up: Lock.
oldmandennis,Jan 9 2006, 01:53 PM Wrote:but the bigger guilds on our server told us its relativly rare.

Great, this means we won't stop seeing it. ;) The bigger guilds assure us that Prophecy drops all the time, the Brutality Blade never does, and now that this shield is rare...For us, Prophecy is a rarity, we've gotten 6 BB's from 12 Garr kills, and now we see a "rare" shield on our first kill... ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Grats guys! I had the recent opportunity to see for myself how close you were to finishing him, and I knew it wouldn't be long before I saw this. Great pant drops, by the way - Bloodfang and Wrath are something I'd like to see lots more of.
Grats, next station BWL I suppose :)
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
Hedon,Jan 10 2006, 02:18 AM Wrote:Grats, next staion BWL I suppose&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]99026[/snapback][/right]

We killed Razorgore for the first time on Dec 15th. So we're making progress in BWL already. Of course our second Razor kill didn't come till Jan 8th but oh well. :)
---
Gnollguy,Jan 10 2006, 07:56 AM Wrote:We killed Razorgore for the first time on Dec 15th.&nbsp; So we're making progress in BWL already.&nbsp; Of course our second Razor kill didn't come till Jan 8th but oh well.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]99028[/snapback][/right]

This second kill felt a lot more controlled as well. The first couple of minutes are frantic then that eerie calm descends where most of the raid is standing around near the walls, waiting for the last couple of eggs to die and watching our warriors run round in a strange, almost balletic Benny Hill chase.

It's almost beautiful.....

/smirk
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]