Critical strike
I am currently playing a sword wielding tankazon in Europe HCL.
All points are in passive&magic skills and so on...

Anyway, here is the question, does critical strike have effect to magic/fireghtning/cold/poison damages?

My current weapon is Ginther's Rift dimensional blade (no levels to use a better one).
Most of it's dmg is magical so i got to change weapon if critical strike doesn't affect magical dmg.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill

Afaik, Critical Strike only deals with physical damage.
Hammerskjold,Jan 4 2006, 03:37 PM Wrote:Afaik, Critical Strike only deals with physical damage.
[right][snapback]98672[/snapback][/right]
Well.. trying to get Grief from now on
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
FWIW, Critical Strike on mercs and monsters does double most damage types, not just physical.
As usual, the real benefit from player skills is given to monsters. :huh: :angry:
Zingydex,Jan 5 2006, 07:13 AM Wrote:As usual, the real benefit from player skills is given to monsters.  :huh:  :angry:
[right][snapback]98754[/snapback][/right]

This is in the arreat summit's description of the freezing arrow skill.

Freezing Arrow is similar to the Sorceress' Glacier Spike. Freezing arrow can be a bit more powerful however because in addition to the base arrow damage, it can also work with Pierce and Critical Strike.

If it's true then that means either it only doubles skill added elemental damage, or it will double all elemental damage
Technically it is true, since the arrow itself does have a physical component, which will be doubled by critical strike. Critical strike has no effect on the elemental damage, though, so the AS is rather misleading (not that that's surprising).