Sooo!ty, the New Year Fish
[center]Sooo!ty, the New Year Fish
He likes to fly
Not swim, splish-splish!
If you're good,
Your New Year Wish
Will come from Sooty Fish!
[/center]

The Mirror, The Sun and UPI Wrote:Bill Brooks had a surprise visitor as he sat in front of his roaring open fire.
The former mine worker, 65, said: "I was actually eating some fish and chips when there was a noise up the chimney and this thing appeared out of nowhere.
"It was covered in soot and at first I thought it was a bird but then it started flipping."

The 10-inch goldfish appeared in his fireplace -- while a fire was blazing.
A pile of potato peelings that Bill had just thrown on the fire seems to have saved the goldfish from a fiery end.

The goldfish bounced off the peelings and landed on the hearth, where Bill scooped him up and put him in a washbasin filled with water.  He put in some bread for food and it started swimming around.

Bill, who lives alone in Mansfield, Notts, phoned wildlife expert Terry Marsh, who transported Wanda - who got her name because it is a wonder she survived - to a local pet shop's aquarium.

It is thought Wanda was taken from a pond and dropped by a heron perched on the roof.
Terry, 54, said: "She's got a heron's beak mark on her back and has lost some scales but she's all right now."
[center][Image: sootyfish2gz.jpg][/center]

-rcv-
!

Wow, that's pretty crazy.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune