Happy New Year 2006!
A Happy New Year to everyone from Stratholme!

We couldn't resist to do a last Baron run in 2005 whom we killed 15 minutes before 24h CET ;)

[Image: WoW_Happy_New_Year_2006.jpg]

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Check out the New Years related celebrations and quests. I just delivered some New Years supplies to Thunder Bluff (see the STSI) and found some goblets there that let you buff friends with +20 stamina. I'm about to head to Booty Bay now.
[Image: newyearsbootybay.jpg]

Blizzard had another surprise way of celebrating New Years. The goblin near Orgrimmar who turns Horde players into festive gnomes metioned that while Thunder Bluff had a big New Years party, it wouldn't compare to the one in Booty Bay. So, after delivering goodies to Thunder Bluff, I headed off to Booty Bay. The first thing I noticed was this sleeping Drunken Bruiser in the inn. Then, I noticed that all of the Booty Bay Bruisers were sleeping. A realization started setting in. If all the Booty Bay bruisers are drunk and asleep on a PvP server, then that must mean...

Sure enough, I stepped outside the inn to find roaming bands of both Horde and Alliance characters of all levels were waging guerrilla style battles all over town. While I certainly wouldn't want the situation to stay that way permanently, it provided for some light amuzement during the holiday festivities.