1.11.B impact on SP?
I see not a lot is going on right now, but I was wondering if I should apply 1.11b before my next game.

I just finished a new game, so it won't be right away. I hear it fixed the issue of some fire enhanced characters dying and killing your character, even if you were at full health.

I have run into that with most characters at one time or another. It is mostly laziness on my part to not recoqnize the danger and back off before it dies. But it will get you sooner or later. So it would be nice, but not a big deal.

I suspect that ATMA and Hero editor will be broken with that patch, anyone know?
I can live with that, but it is nice to be able to keep stuff to look at. I never seemed to find any reason to use it later though.

I like the editor to test out some of the skills that I otherwise would never see, but again it is not a big deal.
ATMA seems to work just fine with items dropped in 1.11B. I don't have the Hero editor so I can't provide that information. I suspect it'll be okay.

Fire-enchanted damage does seem to be reduced, but other forms of insta-kill still exist. My sorceress killed a nearby stygian doll in the worldstone keep on hell difficulty and instantly died, even though she had 1000 hp (I was the only player in the game). Black Souls and their kin still do ridiculous amounts of damage. It's downright silly that the basic monsters are tougher than the act bosses they serve. I killed hell Diablo on a dialup connection within 5 seconds using a mediocre skill, but got killed instantly by a non-boss doll. Blizzard, here's your sign. Oh, and stair traps are still all the rage. Those are lovely in Hell difficulty.

Patch 1.11B mostly fixes crash bugs, according to the readme. It came out fast, sorta like a "Oops, we goofed" patch. They need to release a few more of those.
What are you upgrading from? Patch 1.10 to 1.11b or patch 1.11 to 1.11b?

The only things patch 1.11b has that patch 1.11 doesn't is the fix to the "Peace" runeword chance to cast valk (when triggered by a merc) and the battle.net crash bug. So there's only 1 change for single player users, which isn't necessarily unless you plan on using the "peace" runeword.
It does not sound all that exciting then. I think I would rather stay with the broken things I know than learn some new ones. I don't experience any crashes anyway.

I am using 1.10.
vmxa,Jan 3 2006, 12:38 AM Wrote:I am using 1.10.
[right][snapback]98510[/snapback][/right]

Well, in that case, there's a few more changes to note from 1.10 to 1.11:

Bug changes:
- Fire Enchanted bug is fixed, though it's still high in some areas, but now tolerable.
- Ethereal armors that are upgraded now retain their ethereal bonus
- The charged item synergy bug doesn't work anymore (think marrowwalks)
- Fangskin no longer drops items in hell (new to 1.11)
- Using the socket recipe on an ethereal armor causes the ethereal bonus to be applied twice (new to 1.11)

Other bugs that your familiar with, such as the gloams/tomb vipers insane damage, and charge/leap bugs are still around.

Runewords:
- The four previously realm only runewords are now available (Duress, Prudence, Splendor and Wind)
- Seven new character aligned runewords are added (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/r...-111.shtml)
- You do not have access to the other 23 realm only runewords (Dream, Faith, etc)

GamePlay:
- You can now hire merc's that are 1-5 levels below your character level. Translation: A level 90 barbarian can hire an Act 1 normal merc that is between level 85-89. This means that Hell mercs are useless, since you may as well get them from normal difficulty for the higher str/dex/hp
- Merc's gain experience faster
- Although the keys drop (Hate Key, Terror Key and Hate Key) in single player, you can't use them for anything
vmxa,Dec 30 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:I suspect that ATMA and Hero editor will be broken with that patch, anyone know?[right][snapback]98329[/snapback][/right]

I recall reading a thread at the Amazon Basin stating ATMA will work just fine with 1.11 as long as you don't have any of the new keys in your inventory or stash.

ZR
"Nothing unreal exists."
-- Kiri-kin-tha
Smoketest,Dec 31 2005, 12:19 PM Wrote:Patch 1.11B mostly fixes crash bugs, according to the readme. It came out fast, sorta like a "Oops, we goofed" patch. They need to release a few more of those.
[right][snapback]98408[/snapback][/right]

More like a "hahaha now all the new hacks don't work!" patch.

After 1.11b and all of the bannings most people stopped caring/forgot about MH and pickit.
[Image: blackdog786.png]
Orphan,Jan 2 2006, 06:48 PM Wrote:Well, in that case, there's a few more changes to note from 1.10 to 1.11:

- Merc's gain experience faster
[right][snapback]98534[/snapback][/right]

Not just faster, but at the same rate as you. IMO this totally redeems the once novelty merc into a fun and helpful part of the game.
[Image: blackdog786.png]