Dranei - The new Alliance Race
As Extreme-Players.de reports today, some scans from the upcoming February 2006 issue of "Computer Games" magazine have obviously found their way into the Internet, and they say that the "Dranei" will be the new Alliance race in the WoW expansion "The Burning Crusade".

Sexy Blood Elves for the Horde and ugly Dranei for the Alliance - that's exactly how it should be ;)

[Image: 3411_29_12_2005.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Sigh. I hope not. The Worgen rumours were much more interesting.

Chris
/ponders if the Draenei's perma-stealth/invis will see live. :blink:

Curious, and I do agree, the Worgen definately had the cool factor going for them.

Lastly, I'm curious how it is that the Draenei broke from Illidan to join with the alliance while the high elves broke their ties and ended up with the Horde... I certainly hope the reasoning is more grounded than Jana's suddenly change of heart.

Cheers,
~Frag :ph34r:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Frag,Dec 29 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:Curious, and I do agree, the Worgen definately had the cool factor going for them.
I assume that Blizzard wants to lure more players over to the Horde side with the Blood Elves due to the partly severe server population balance issues, and cool Worgen as new Alliance race would definitely be counter-productive in that regard ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Let the class speculation commence.

My thoughts?

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Mage
See you in Town,
-Z
Yeah when I read that on the blizz forums earlier today I posted :

Of course its Dreanei , what else could it be , think about it . Alliance nearly , I say "nearly" always outnumber horde , so . Insert beautiful looking Blood elves to capture more horde . Insert things uglier and err who would want to play these Dreanei and voila , Alliance dont bother making new chars , while horde get a serious influx of new pre pubescent teens wanting to dance as a naked female blood elf . Sides even out and everyone is happy :P

Take care
Frag,Dec 29 2005, 09:31 AM Wrote:  I certainly hope the reasoning is more grounded than Jana's suddenly change of heart.
[right][snapback]98232[/snapback][/right]

Haven't played that on the Alliance side yet... what does it say?
oldmandennis,Dec 29 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:Haven't played that on the Alliance side yet... what does it say?
[right][snapback]98254[/snapback][/right]

Oh, it wasn't anything more than a patch note that said (paraphrasing):

"Proudmoore Isle is now officially part of the Alliance".

No reasoning, nothing ingame other than switching guards to KOS Horde. Felt a very cheap way out of a storyline-rich grey area to me.

My comment was just my ol' RP side being a little skeptical again. :D

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
nobbie,Dec 29 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:As Extreme-Players.de reports today, some scans from the upcoming February 2006 issue of "Computer Games" magazine have obviously found their way into the Internet, and they say that the "Dranei" will be the new Alliance race in the WoW expansion "The Burning Crusade".

Sexy Blood Elves for the Horde and ugly Dranei for the Alliance - that's exactly how it should be ;)

[Image: 3411_29_12_2005.jpg]
[right][snapback]98227[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I followed the link to see the first post's title "Die Draenei". Yes, it means "The Draenei", but in English, it seemed appropriate too...

I have to agree with Icebird. I liked the Worgen idea best.

The photographic evidence there is probably not a forgery, since the production level of the digitally photographed page looks quite good. Assuming that Blizzard is going ahead with Draenei, are there any in-game at the moment? Just wondering what we can expect to be flooded with, come the expansion.

"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
There's a couple wandering the blasted lands, including one NPC with a repeatable quest to turn in crystals.
JustAGuy,Dec 30 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:Heh, I followed the link to see the first post's title "Die Draenei". Yes, it means "The Draenei", but in English, it seemed appropriate too...

I have to agree with Icebird. I liked the Worgen idea best.

The photographic evidence there is probably not a forgery, since the production level of the digitally photographed page looks quite good. Assuming that Blizzard is going ahead with Draenei, are there any in-game at the moment? Just wondering what we can expect to be flooded with, come the expansion.
[right][snapback]98280[/snapback][/right]

Some are in the Swamps of Sorrows... they are really ugly.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Blech. Lose internet for two months, and this happens. Blood Elves already didn't make much sense. Draenei make even less sense.

Blizzard seems to be interested in mauling the storyline they established via War3 and TFT.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Wait a minute.

Take a very close look at the picture. Take a very close look at the word "Dranei."

Then take a very close look at the line positioning of the characters on that line of text.

It may be legit, but the word "Dranei" sure appears to be more than a pixel off-center, which casts doubt...
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Dec 29 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:Wait a minute.

Take a very close look at the picture.  Take a very close look at the word "Dranei."

Then take a very close look at the line positioning of the characters on that line of text.

It may be legit, but the word "Dranei" sure appears to be more than a pixel off-center, which casts doubt...
[right][snapback]98291[/snapback][/right]

You've given me hope, and I thank you. "Die Dranei"!!
"Yay! We did it!"
"Who are you?"
"Um, uh... just ... a guy." *flee*
JustAGuy,Dec 29 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:You've given me hope, and I thank you. "Die Dranei"!!
[right][snapback]98295[/snapback][/right]
And I rip the hope from your tender grasp... <_<

You see the same effect on the word Horde just below it and there is no reason for them to have faked Horde since the Blood Elves have already been established as fact.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Ha ha, I love the speculations if the photo "evidence" is fake, or not. What you see there near the word "Draenei" is really nothing more than JPEG compressions artifacts, and you can find them in several places on that page ;)
Zarathustra,Dec 29 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:Let the class speculation commence.

My thoughts?

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Mage
[right][snapback]98240[/snapback][/right]
And Shaman? Draenei SHAMAN for the Alliance? :)
Artega,Dec 29 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:Blizzard seems to be interested in mauling the storyline they established via War3 and TFT.

WoW is established a few years after WC3. Things change. We don't know yet if it's the entire Draenei race or (most likely) some splinter faction of Draenei who are asking for the Alliance's help. We already know from the Swamp of Sorrows that not all Draenei get along.

I would have prefered the Worgen by far as well, but I'm willing to wait and see on the Draenei. The ones in the Swamp of Sorrows and Blasted Lands piqued my story-line interest.
On a ligher note: It's going to be a race to be the first to name his or her character ET.
MongoJerry,Dec 30 2005, 02:39 AM Wrote:On a ligher note:&nbsp; It's going to be a race to be the first to name his or her character ET.
[right][snapback]98311[/snapback][/right]

I'd be creating "Drano" immediately.
See you in Town,
-Z