Avarice PVP Team
Haha we just got beat 0-3. Ran into an organized horde team. :) Hunters were draining my mana. Focus fire was well done. I died as fast as my druid or warrior when they wanted to kill me this time. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The 3 matches I was in with you guys were a blast! I can't wait to do this again! Go go Avarice!
Well I don't know which thread it was but someone said the bubble wasn't stopped by an interrupt. Well today, I got shield bashed casting a heal, bubble was locked out from casting for the duration. I got earth shocked casting a heal, couldn't cast bubble for the duration. Got pummeled. Bubble was not castable for the duration. So I don't know about other paladins but you interrupt a heal and you shut me down, bubble included.
---
Gnollguy,Jan 1 2006, 06:24 PM Wrote:Well I don't know which thread it was but someone said the bubble wasn't stopped by an interrupt. Well today, I got shield bashed casting a heal, bubble was locked out from casting for the duration.  I got earth shocked casting a heal, couldn't cast bubble for the duration.  Got pummeled.  Bubble was not castable for the duration.  So I don't know about other paladins but you interrupt a heal and you shut me down, bubble included.
[right][snapback]98491[/snapback][/right]

So far i've found that the interupts shut me down completely as well...it's teh suck.
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Well I'm done with PvP for awhile. The bull#$%& WSG match tonight where we were trying to show Treesh and Tal how fun PvP was with Avarice sucked completely. I don't care if most of the games are different. Getting 2 games like the ones we had tonight just make it not worth it.

When all of the players get so pissed that we are yelling at our friends or spouses because of stupid #$%& it's just not worth it. Too much negative emotion and while I've let it go, it's too easy for it to happen again.

It's why I don't want to play on PvP server. Just the chance at the stupid griefing bull#$%& and then finding all these other people that think it's a clever or good idea (yeah floating 16 feet in the air as a snowman with the flag is clever and fun having terain that you can get feared into and then not be able to move out of is fun)

I don't want to do something that makes my friends yell at each other or has the chance of making my friends yell at each other.
---
Gnollguy,Jan 2 2006, 03:22 AM Wrote:When all of the players get so pissed that we are yelling at our friends or spouses because of stupid #$%& it's just not worth it. Too much negative emotion and while I've let it go, it's too easy for it to happen again.
[right][snapback]98504[/snapback][/right]

No... this was our own fault. The moment we saw they were screwing with the mechanics like that, we should have just /afked out. Most of my frustration was that I'd kept saying that and nobody was accepting it.

I'm stubborn. As much as I just want to quit the damn game right now, I'm going to keep trying.

Sorry for blowing up at everyone. It wasn't anyone's fault that I got stuck alone with the flag like that. My frustration just boiled over.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
I'm up for this, would love to do more PvP, and it would be great to do it with friends. I'm a little worried about being overextended with regards to in-game commitments, but so long as i'm not burning out, I'd love to come and play. Warning: I suck. My only redeeming feature as far as PvP is that I follow directions pretty well, so I hope to learn a lot. :)
Bud - no worries on my end. I learned a lot and was able to put some hurtin' on the horde so its all good in my book. Besides the best part of the night was when I solo'd two of the rogues and won. :D
Darian,Jan 2 2006, 02:30 AM Wrote:No... this was our own fault.&nbsp; The moment we saw they were screwing with the mechanics like that, we should have just /afked out.&nbsp; Most of my frustration was that I'd kept saying that and nobody was accepting it.

I'm stubborn.&nbsp; As much as I just want to quit the damn game right now, I'm going to keep trying.

Sorry for blowing up at everyone.&nbsp; It wasn't anyone's fault that I got stuck alone with the flag like that.&nbsp; My frustration just boiled over.
[right][snapback]98505[/snapback][/right]

And /afking out is no fun either. Situations where we have to do it because they are exploiting are still going to make us hot and create chances for us to get pissy with each other again. But it wasn't the just the last match that did it, that one was just the icing on the cake.

Maybe it's just WSG for me though. Because WSG can just turn into a zerg then turtle type match so easily and if you all don't have epic mounts and trinkets that becomes hard to deal with fear bombing is just insane and even with diminishing returns can keep all but warriors out of the fight for like 15 seconds. Having trinkets means you can cut that down to about 7-8 seconds which would make it bearable. Of course this is why people say horde has the advantage in WSG, when you can safely keep 80% of your team together (since the carrier and one defender can generally hold off any other assualt till the rest of the help arrives) fear is king. Other CC's are easy to get rid of like that because you have enough together to deal with them. More ways to deal with fear and another AoE snare (warstomp) allow zerging then turtling to be more effective. So yeah maybe when we all have epic mounts so we can keep mass assaults together better so that their zerg to get our flag carrier isn't 3/4 to our base while we can only be 1/2 way to theirs would help some.
---
Gnollguy,Jan 2 2006, 02:22 AM Wrote:I don't want to do something that makes my friends yell at each other or has the chance of making my friends yell at each other.
[right][snapback]98504[/snapback][/right]

Heh, this is why I've pondered not raiding, actually. *grin*

It's all good. I can totally see why you wouldn't want to dive right back in, *I* don't want to dive right back in. But hopefully whenever I log back in I'll get an email from Blizz saying more than "your feedback is important to us" and that bitch Doyle will get SOMETHING of a slap over it.

Though I would much prefer caning of his/her hands, fingers and wrists. I'll even dispense justice if someone will get me a name and a plane ticket.
"Men, can't live with 'em, can't fit more than six in the trunk of a '64 Impala."

Stormrage/Carpe Aurum: Krossandra (60 Disc/Holy Priest)
Groveborn (Druid); Talhaiarn (Mage); Bruille (Warrior); Senryu (Warlock)

Stormrage/Lurkers: Crenshaw (Rogue)

Terenas/Lurkers: Zerapagia (neglected Orc Warlock)
Oh, and things are looking up today. This last match we did, *I* even got a cap in. Priest FTW!!

And I got word back from Blizz on reporting the punk. They said they are "taking appropiate action" which I think in Form Letter-eze means they agree it's something that shouldn't be done. And we had a few folks go up against Doyle today and make his life hell on one of Genkar's teams. So some small measure of justice is being meted out ;)
"Men, can't live with 'em, can't fit more than six in the trunk of a '64 Impala."

Stormrage/Carpe Aurum: Krossandra (60 Disc/Holy Priest)
Groveborn (Druid); Talhaiarn (Mage); Bruille (Warrior); Senryu (Warlock)

Stormrage/Lurkers: Crenshaw (Rogue)

Terenas/Lurkers: Zerapagia (neglected Orc Warlock)
The thing that worries me most where PvP is concerned is that I am, by nature, a very competitive person. Never could play sports for instance without getting involved in tournaments, etc. Competition appeals. It appeals too much.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Jan 2 2006, 09:46 PM Wrote:The thing that worries me most where PvP is concerned is that I am, by nature, a very competitive person.&nbsp; Never could play sports for instance without getting involved in tournaments, etc. Competition appeals.&nbsp; It appeals too much.
[right][snapback]98537[/snapback][/right]

I just try to take the games for what they are, a good challenge and good fun with friends. If we win, of course i'm excited ^_^, but if we lose we all take from the match what we can and get better for the next one. It's a lot like PVE, but with no crappy AI. Well at least WSG is.

Here's to seein you join us for at least a few games!

BTW, We went 6-0 for all the games we played today. And Genkar went 7-0 ^_^, Our record is improving rather quickly.
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
I'll start trying to get in some games with you guys. I PvPed with my warrior about 3-4 months again when I was still Arms/Fury with blues. Even then if I could get some healing it was a ton of fun. Now I can only imagine things will be even better with my gear from all the MC runs :).

And I've also got a mage that I did PvP up to rank 7 right after I stopped PvPing with my warrior. So I'll probably bring him out for some PvP burning as well :).
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
I'm glad to see this got organized while I was off on vacation in Hawaii! I'll definitely sign up for that channel whenever I get on after the maintenance today.

Oh, and here's a bonus picture for you all of me at Annie's cousin's wedding at one of the Honolulu beach parks, during the trip (I had a ton of fun and want to show off at least one of the pictures!). :)

[Image: weddingpics%20009.jpg]
-TheDragoon