The good news is that my package left Ohio today
I ordered a piece of software the other day...

Ship Carrier: USPS
Tracking Number: xxxxxxxxx

Order #: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Shipment Date: August 25, 2009
Destination: xxxxxxx, MN, USA
Estimated Arrival: September 15, 2009

I must have selected the "30 days by Hitchhiker" option by mistake!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Quote:I must have selected the "30 days by Hitchhiker" option by mistake!
In other news, the breeding of racing snails by the government shows no promise of a breakthrough.:)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

The first thing, sorry, that went through my mind upon seeing the title of this thread was... "By way of out the window of a moving vehicle?":blink:

~Frag:unsure:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I ordered a piece of software the other day...

--snip--

Perhaps every air terminal between you and the shipping location that handles freight has suffered spontaneous existence failure?

Not to interject too much seriousness into this thread, but I started reading this thread after a news piece from a while ago about our local airport (Dulles, IAD). It seems that a couple carriers are reducing the number of flights they have out of IAD and the airport authority is negotiating with other carriers to take up the opening gates.

My mind started thinking about how much freight air traffic would be reduced if software and music transitioned to 100% digital delivery?
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:Perhaps every air terminal between you and the shipping location that handles freight has suffered spontaneous existence failure?

Air terminals? Here in Ohio everything is delivered by horse and buggy. That's why it takes so long to get to Minnesota... the horses don't like trudging through the snow up there!

But more seriously, the only reason something from Ohio to Minnesota would see an airplane would be for guaranteed next day delivery and possibly 2 day delivery. A short chain of sort facilities and semi trucks should have it there by the third day if everything goes as planned. It could be different with USPS though. After all, it takes them sometimes a week or two to get me mail from my own city. :P
I once had a package delivered from British Columbia to Ontario (about 2,000 miles) in about 36 hours. It blew my mind. It averaged 56 miles per hour on that trip. It's incredible what $10 in shipping can get you.
Typically things take 1-4 days through the mail and anything with a tracking number should be priority. This is the company you ordered it from having some kind of bug or stupid estimation time in their system.
Quote:The first thing, sorry, that went through my mind upon seeing the title of this thread was... "By way of out the window of a moving vehicle?":blink:

~Frag:unsure:
I'm thinking this is a Lorena B. and John Wayne B. reference, right? In which case, I guess I'm a latecomer with the modified-standard-joke:

Q: Where did you put your package?
A: Indiana.

Hmm, not as good as the original. Oh well.

-V

(Okay, okay, the original joke was: Where did Prince Charles go on his honeymoon? ... Indiana... Heard that from Andy Warhol.)

edit: forgot that John was the first name -- yep, I cut off the front part